Please know that we are aware that this message is long and not fun to read but we’ve learned the hard way that sharing less information or not providing you with certain explanations produces bad results for you and/or your swimmers. Please read this information (including the attachment) fully and follow all instructions precisely, observing all deadlines throughout the season. Thanks very much.
In order to have the best chance of getting into long course meets, we need to start the meet entry process now. We’ve tried to keep this message as short as possible and have additional explanations attached.
It’s time to indicate availability for three long course meets.
· Instructions on how to do that are below.
· Sign-up by the deadline with entry comments.
· Based on your availability indications, the coaches will enter your swimmer into events and you will be obligated to pay for those entries even if they are not the events you wanted or if your swimmer doesn’t attend the meet.
· You will not have an opportunity to review entries or make changes.
· So, be sure to put in entry comments about which events you want/don’t want, number of events per day or session, etc. If you don’t put in the entry comments, the coaches won’t know.
· Once entries are accepted by the host, they will be circulated for your reference. Be sure to review and share with your swimmer so that he/she is prepared for each meet.
· See the meet schedule below and note, the coaches are hoping to get into each of these meets. We have proactively contacted each of the respective Meet Directors notifying them that CBST will be submitting entries and requesting that they hold space in their meet for our swimmers.
At this time you need to go into your portal to indicate your availability for three long course meets. The deadline to do this for the meets indicated below is Tuesday, February 7 at 11:59 p.m.
· It is important that you indicate your availability by the deadline to ensure your swimmer does not get locked out of the meet.
· The availability screen is in the US Meets tab of your portal.
· Scroll down to the long course meets currently available:
Diplomat Swim Club - Summer Storm (June 9-11, 2017)
Penn State Nittany Lion Aquatic Club - Swimfest (June 16-18, 2017)
Parkland Area Aquatic Club (July 7-9, 2017)
· Click on “more info” for the meet information sheet with meet details. Please note that at this time, the meet sheet for Parkland (July) is not yet available. Although it is not available, it is still important that we collect your swimmer(s) availability so that we are able to quickly submit entries as soon as it is posted. Many long course meets open their entries as soon as the meet sheet is posted.
· Click on the name of the venue for venue address and other information.
· Note the deadline to indicate availability for all three meets is February 7 at 11:59 p.m.
· Click on your swimmer’s name to indicate availability.
· You may indicate availability for all days (click box for each day), for some days (click just the boxes for the days you are available), or that you are not attending at all (click box for not attending). You may also indicate any specifics about events or details about attendance in the comments box. NEW MEMBERS: It is imperative that you use the comments box to indicate the events in which you are interested since the coaches don’t know you yet.
· Once you are done, click “complete.”
· Note that where the information is available the events for your swimmer’s age are listed on the availability screen for your reference – you CANNOT click to select the events. You can just indicate availability as described above. Use this events list (in conjunction with the meet information flyer) to know what events are in which sessions/days of the meet and to indicate preferences/requests in the comments box. With regard to meets for which the events listing is not yet available feel free to note in general which events your swimmer prefers to swim/not swim, etc.
· It is possible that coaches will submit event(s) for a swimmer even if the parent/swimmer does not request the event. For varying reasons coaches will make this decision, i.e, the swimmer would benefit from trying a new event, the swimmer(s) time is very close to a championship meet qualifying time, etc.
Getting the team into the few long course meets available is a fast and furious process that typically occurs before we return to the water in mid-April. The objective of this process is to get our team's long course meet entries completed as quickly as possible so that we can avoid being shut out of too many meets. The coaches will be choosing events for everyone for each meet according to their stated availability. Entry files will then be sent to the meet hosts. Because of this quick timline, we will not be able to accept changes – for this reason be sure to include comments in your portal when indicating availability if you have event preferences (events you want and/or don’t want to swim/limit per day, etc.).
Our planned team meets for long course 2017 are listed below. As meet information for other meets becomes available online and host entry opening dates approach, additional meets will be put into the portal and deadlines for those meets will be communicated. Note that sometimes information for meets occurring later becomes available before information for meets occurring sooner and/or later meets have earlier deadlines.
Also, be aware that our coaches worked hard and considered many options to come up with the best plan for our team to get into meets for this season. They considered many factors including prior experience with particular meets and entry open dates.
May 20-21 CBST @ CB South
June 9-11 DSC @ Franklin & Marshall College
June 16-18 NLAC @ Penn State University
July 7-9 PAAC @ Allentown
July 12-15 Senior Champs at Bucknell*
July 14-16 Silver Champs (Location TBD)*
July 20-23 Junior Olympics (Location TBD)*
Aug 8-12 Junior Nationals*
*Indicates a meet with time standards. Swimmers must qualify for this meet.
(See maswim.org meets tab, 2016-2017 Meets for further details.)
Note that swimmers are welcome to attend meets on their own that the team is not attending. In that case, swimmers should use TM Lite to complete their entries on their own and should notify the CBST coaches after the meet so times can be updated in the CBST database. CBST staff cannot enter swimmers into meets which we are not attending as a team (including meets which we have been shut out of as a team) as it creates much confusion for meet hosts.
Please note that many times we will have very short timelines to enter availability so please keep on top of your emails, checking multiple times each day, and visit your portal often to be sure you don’t miss any important information about long course meet entries during the end of short course season and over the break before long course begins.
Note also that any hotel block information for long course meets will be communicated when arrangements have been made.
Thanks so much for your help with this process. Please keep this email for future reference when other meets become available in your portal. Also, please see the attached explanatory information about the long course meet entry process.
ADDITIONAL LONG COURSE NOTES:
This message is being sent to get the long course meet entry process started. Additional information about long course will be communicated in April.
New members, please note that beginning in April you will be included in the team email distribution. Between now and then, any information distributed that is relevant to our long course swimmers will be sent to you as well.
Long Course Fees: Are due by February 13. The second program payment for anyone electing the two-payment option will be billed in May and is due May 25.
Long course season practices start Tuesday, April 18. Please check the calendar on the team website (cbswimteam.org) for times for your swimmer's practice group. Swimmers changing groups from short course to long course will be notified via email prior to the start of long course practices. All practices through the end of the school year are at CB South High School unless otherwise communicated.