We are excited to announce that CBST was approached and has subsequently contracted to use the Nor-Gwyn pool during the upcoming summers.
· Nor-Gwyn is a ten lane long course pool in the same general area as the smaller long course pool we have used in past summers. (Address: 1 Parkside Pl, North Wales)
· This facility will allow more time: an additional day per week (Saturdays) and an additional half hour of swimming time per day for the senior group.
o Monday through Saturday 6-8:30 a.m. swimming and 8:30-9:30 a.m. dryland.
· Because of the additional space Advanced and Next Generation swimmers will also have the option of practicing at this pool six days per week.
o Monday through Saturday 6:30-8:30 a.m. and 8:30-9:30 a.m. dryland.
· Practices will still be available for all groups at CB South.
o Times will be the same as last year – refer to calendar from 2016 for timing.
· The price of renting the long course facility is already built in to the fees for the senior group.
· The advanced and next generation swimmers who choose to take advantage of this offering will be charged a small fee. More information about signing up to do that will be communicated as the time approaches. Use of this opportunity will be built in to fees for these groups in the future. As always advancement decision will be made and communicated between short course and long course which will provide ample time for any new swimmers in the advanced group to decide with their families about whether they will take advantage of this opportunity.
NEW CBST MEET:
We are also happy to announce that CBST will be hosting a closed short course meters meet on May 20th and 21st. We are hoping that everyone on the team will be available to participate in the meet. We are aware that the CBSD Relay for Life will be on May 20th and our coaches encourage swimmers who have signed-up to participate in that event to do so and attend our meet on Sunday only. Because this meet is a closed invitational, we are still working out the CBST volunteering needs and ask that families with swimmers attending plan to work one session for each session in which they have a swimmer participating. More information about this meet will follow but please mark your calendars now.
LONG COURSE MEET ENTRIES:
Watch for an email soon with instructions for the ever accelerating long course meet entry process. As always the turn-around time will be quick and you’ll need to make commitments in early February for meets in the spring and summer so please start thinking about your schedule now so you’ll be ready to respond quickly. Remember do NOT do anything in the portal until the explanatory email has been sent and you’ve read it as items will be going into the portal so you may see them before they’re checked for accuracy and ready to capture your information.