Please see below for important updates and reminders.
IMPORTANT DATES & UPCOMING DEADLINES:
(See detailed information for each item below.)
- June 9 no age group practice due to coach training
- June 15 no PM practices
- June 18 summer practice schedule begins
Registration information will be circulated by July 1st. Remember that you’ll need to get in new physicals (dated 9/1/2016 or after) so please get appointments scheduled now and/or find your forms. Recall that even if you just provided us with a physical for long course 2018 we will still need a new copy for the 2018-19 season as we do not retain copies from one school year to the next. You may find the forms at this link: http://cbsd.schoolwires.net/Page/2960
Scholastic All-America information is available for eligible swimmers who have completed 10th, 11th or 12th grade. Time standards, detailed information, and application are available through this link: https://www.usaswimming.org/utility/landing-pages/times/scholastic-all-america
Check the calendar for details of practices:
- Due to annual coach training there is no age group practice on Saturday, June 9th
- Due to CB South graduation, there will be no PM practices on June 15th (so no age group that day and only senior morning practice).
- The senior group will begin morning only practice for the summer on June 18th.
- Age group will also begin the summer practice schedule on June 18th.
COMMUNICATIONS & BILLING:
Coaching contacts: Should you have a topic you would like to discuss with a coach, please make contact as indicated below and the coach will make arrangements with you and any other appropriate coaches:
Please help ensure your needs are met efficiently by following this procedure and just contacting the one appropriate contact listed above for your swimmer’s group. Note that these email addresses are also on the team website.
Bills were emailed earlier this week. Please make payment as soon as possible and no later than the 25th. Billing guidance is attached. If you have any questions about your bill after reading the guidance or if you have not received your bill (check junk/spam folder and your email settings first), please contact Jen Steinberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our coaching staff, Julie Kline, and all of our swim families for working hard together to accomplish the meet entry process for this long course season. There is always an element of luck with regard to getting our team into long course meets but the process our coaches and staff have worked out and all of our families’ cooperation are key to our success getting into meets. Recall that meet entries are posted on the meets page of the team website.
Watch for a separate email (within the next few days) regarding championship meet entries and volunteering.
NLAC Swimfest Hotel Information
CBST has reserved a block of rooms, for our families, from the preferred NLAC Swimfest hotel list. The information is listed below. When making your reservation at the Hampton Inn & Suites State College, please call 814-231-1899 and give the group code CBS.
If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Jeff Deitrich at 814-278-7536 or you can contact Julie Kline at email@example.com.
Hampton Inn and Suites State College
1955 Waddle Road
State College, PA 16803
Junior Olympics Hotel Information
CBST has reserved a block of rooms for our families from the Junior Olympics hotel list. The information is listed below. When making your reservation at the Hampton Inn Lancaster, please call 717-299-1200 and reference Group Code CBT. If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Trisha Herr or you can contact Julie Kline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hampton Inn Lancaster
545 Greenfield Road
Lancaster, PA 17601
Senior Champs Hotel Information
CBST has reserved a block of rooms, for our families for Senior Champs at Bucknell. The information is listed below. When making your reservation, please ask for Central Bucks Swim Team - PARENTS BLOCK. This block of rooms will be reserved until June 12, 2018 and then released back to the hotel. Please be aware that the rooms for this meet have been reserved quickly in the past so if you’re interested please make contact as soon as possible. If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Julie Doebler at 570-524-5500 or you can contact Julie Kline at email@example.com.
Best Western PLUS Country Cupboard Inn
7701 Westbranch Highway
Lewisburg, PA 17837
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Please review CBST policies and procedures with your swimmers often. (Please note that the inclusion of this reminder periodically in our team communications is not an indication that an issue has arisen - we simply provide periodic reminders to prevent issues from occurring.)
- The doors close to the pool at CB South will generally be open and may be used to enter/exit the building. If they are not open, please enter through the main Gymnasium doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please enter the pool hallway off Anderson Road to access the CB East pool at all times. Do not use the front doors.
- Please do not park your car (whether you’re in it or not) anywhere other than designated parking spaces. This is particularly an issue at CB South at the diving well door where people sometimes park along the curb behind the parked cars – please avoid fender benders by NOT parking in that area.
- Swimmers should enter the pool deck upon their arrival (no sooner than 10 minutes prior to the start of practice) and wait on the benches for a coach to start practice. They will be sent directly to the locker rooms after practice. Parents should always walk their swimmers into the building.
- Parents/siblings should go straight to the balcony. Please do not go on deck to speak with the coaches. If you have a question for the coaching staff, please email the head coach for your child (senior or age group). (Emails available on team website.) If you have any concerns please email me immediately.
- The use of cell phones and other mobile devices with recording capabilities, including voice recording, still cameras and video cameras is prohibited in locker rooms, changing areas, rest rooms or other changing areas. If your swimmer(s) uses his/her cell phone in the locker room for ANY reason (making phone calls, taking pictures, etc.) he/she risks being removed from the team. (Parents please periodically monitor you child’s social media to ensure compliance with this policy.) Also remind your children to always use social media responsibly – taking care to be kind to everyone and remembering that those other than their currently intended audience may eventually see posts.
- Parents are not allowed in the locker rooms for any reason. High school students may be using the locker rooms related to high school activities. It is important that adults (including parents) not be in the locker room for the safety of all swim program participants and other student athletes. Coaches will be sweeping the locker rooms before, in between, and after practices. Nothing should be left in the locker rooms. Athletes should place all belongings into their bags, zip the bag fully shut, and bring it out onto deck and leave it there for the duration of practice. Please speak with your swimmers/divers about appropriate locker room behavior:
- No horseplay or physical contact should occur.
- Lockers are not to be used at any time as they lock and you will not be able to retrieve any items placed into them.
- Speak at a reasonable volume and speak respectfully to everyone.
- Do not touch anyone else or anyone else’s possessions.
- Move with care (remember swimmers and the floor are wet).
- Locker room time should be short (10-15 minutes at the most) - kids may need to be reminded often to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Get a coach if anything inappropriate is occurring, even if they are not involved – tell them they should help stop issues before they escalate, rather than waiting for problems to happen and seeing our friends unhappy based on the consequences.
- Remind your participants often of these behavior expectations which are required at all times – on the deck and in the locker rooms.
- If you prefer that your child not use the locker rooms with the other swimmers please have him/her dry off completely and meet you in the hallway outside of the pool before escorting him/her to the appropriate bathrooms located down the hall from the pool in each building.
- Parents should not coach their children from the balcony (or otherwise). We are in one of the few youth sports that provides professional coaching – please trust that the coaches are competent and leave the coaching to them. If your child looks to you for approval/attention/anything during practices, it is likely to cause them to miss important instructional information and/or disrupt the practice for themselves, other participants, and coaches. If this is an issue for your swimmer please do not remain in the balcony during practices.
- Videotaping of practices is prohibited.
- Please make sure your swimmers are dry and have shoes on when in the hallways of the schools. Please remember that behavior should mimic typical school day behavior. No running, climbing on tables, etc. Playing with balls in the building is prohibited. Siblings of team members must stay with their parents at all times and should not enter the locker rooms. No children should be running or roaming the halls at any time. Swimmers and their families are to be in the pool area (balcony or pool hallways) and should only go to the cafeteria area to use the restrooms or vending machines. Swimmers and their families are not to be in the gymnasiums at any time.
- Please review detailed and additional policies available at this link: http://cbsd.schoolwires.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=2474