IMPORTANT DATES & UPCOMING DEADLINES:
(See detailed information for each item below.)
- Deadline for Senior Champs hotel room block June 12 (book ASAP as all available rooms are generally all booked well prior to the deadline)
- No afternoon senior or evening age group practice June 14
- Senior group swimmers bring signed yoga waiver to practice June 15
- Summer practice schedule begins June 17
- Deadline for Junior Olympics hotel room block June 17 (or until sold out)
- Deadline for Silver Champs hotel room block June 20 (or until sold out)
- 18 and older Athlete Protection Training deadline June 23
- June bill payments due June 25 (bills were emailed last week; payment is by check payable to CBCS)
- CBST SC 2019-20 hosted meets: October 26-27, 2019 and February 8-9, 2020
There is no afternoon senior practice or age group practice this Friday (June 14th) due to graduation. Congratulations again to all of our seniors!
We are planning to have a yoga session as part of the senior group practice this Saturday (June 15th). All senior group swimmers should plan to participate and must fill out the waiver available at the following link. Please be sure to have this form signed by a parent (or the swimmer for swimmers 18 and older) and bring it to practice on Saturday. Swimmers without the signed form will not be able to participate in yoga. http://www.cbswimteam.org/uploads/5/9/8/6/59862579/cbst_yoga_waiver.pdf
There will be work being done in the parking lot at CB South this Saturday. The facilities department has given us permission to still hold practice but has asked that we clear out of the building and parking lot as quickly as possible after practice. Thank you for your cooperation.
Remember that the practice schedule will change next week as CB schools will be out for the summer. Please check the calendar on the team website for the times of your swimmer's practice group. http://www.cbswimteam.org It is a good habit to check the calendar daily for any changes. Note that practices needs starting in mid-July will be assessed based on USAS championship meet timing and CBST swimmer attendance at these meets so currently posted information may change.
Weather-Related Outdoor Practice Considerations
- Outdoor swim practices will be held if it is raining.
- Outdoor dryland practice will NOT be held if it is raining.
- No outdoor practice (swim or dryland) will be held if there is thunder/lightening.
- If Coach Stu believes outdoor practice needs to be cancelled ahead of time due to weather, he will notify the team by roughly 5 a.m. via Twitter (@cbswimteam) and the team calendar.
Don’t forget your water bottle…The coaches would like to remind everyone of the importance of proper hydration and nutrition - especially during the hot days of spring and summer. Every swimmer should always have a water bottle at practice (on deck and during dryland) and be sure that they are eating a healthy meal and/or snack before practice.
Swimmers 18 and older must complete the Athlete Protection Training by June 23rd. See the email sent to that group on May 29th and let me know once you’ve completed the training.
Registration information will be circulated by July 1st. Remember that you’ll need to get in new physicals (dated 9/1/2017 or after) so please get appointments scheduled now and/or find your forms. Recall that even if you just provided us with a physical for long course 2019 we will still need a new copy for the 2019-20 season as we do not retain copies from one school year to the next. You may find the forms at this link: http://cbsd.schoolwires.net/Page/2960
Scholastic All-America information is available for eligible swimmers who have completed 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade. Time standards, detailed information, and application are available through this link: https://www.usaswimming.org/utility/landing-pages/times/scholastic-all-america
COMMUNICATIONS & BILLING:
Coaching contacts: Should you have a topic you would like to discuss with a coach, please make contact as indicated below and the coach will make arrangements with you and any other appropriate coaches:
Bills were emailed last week. Please make payment as soon as possible and no later than the 25th. Billing guidance is available at the following link. If you have any questions about your bill after reading the guidance or if you have not received your bill (check junk/spam folder and your email settings first), please contact Jen Steinberg at email@example.com. http://www.cbswimteam.org/uploads/5/9/8/6/59862579/cbst_billing_basics_2017.pdf
See separate email to follow this message regarding Long Course Championship Meets Availability
Thank you to our coaching staff, Heather Yim, and all of our swim families for working hard together to accomplish the meet entry process for this long course season. There is always an element of luck with regard to getting our team into long course meets but the process our coaches and staff have worked out and all of our families’ cooperation are key to our success getting into meets. Recall that meet entries are posted on the meets page of the team website.
Save the Dates: CBST’s hosted meets for the 2019-20 season will be on October 26-27, 2019 and February 8-9, 2020. Please mark your calendars now as CBST swimmers (and parent volunteers) are expected to participate and these meets are a great opportunity for your swimmer.
Please refer to the email sent previously with change details for the NLAC meet which will now be held at Bucknell University Kinney Natatorium - 700 Moore Ave, Lewisburg, PA from Friday June 21st - Sunday June 23rd. The updated meet announcement is on the team website – meets page.
Senior Champs Hotel Information
CBST has reserved a block of rooms, for our families for Senior Champs at Bucknell University in Lewisburg, PA. The hotel information is listed below. When making your reservation, please ask for Central Bucks Swim Team - SWIM PARENTS. This block of rooms will be reserved until June 12, 2019 and then released back to the hotel. Please be aware that the rooms for this meet have been reserved quickly in the past so if you’re interested please make contact as soon as possible. If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Julie Doebler at 570-524-5500 or you can contact Heather Yim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Room Rate: King bed with sleeper sofa $139 per night plus taxes
Cancellation Policy: Room cancellations/changes accepted until Noon on day of arrival
Best Western PLUS Country Cupboard Inn
7701 Westbranch Highway
Lewisburg, PA 17837
Junior Olympics Hotel Information
CBST has reserved a block of rooms, for our families for Junior Olympics at Franklin and Marshall in Lancaster, PA. The information is listed below. You may make your reservation online using the link below or by calling the hotel directly. When making your reservation, please ask for CBS group rate. This block of rooms will be reserved until June 17, 2019 and then released back to the hotel. If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Trisha Nelson 717-293-4981 or you can contact Heather Yim at email@example.com
Room Rate: Two Double beds $174 per night plus taxes
Cancellation Policy: Room cancellations/changes accepted until 72 hours prior to check-in date.
Group Code: CBS
Hampton Inn Lancaster
545 Greenfield Road
Lancaster, PA 17601
Silver Champs Hotel Information
Middle Atlantic Swimming has reserved a block of rooms for swimmers attending Silver Champs at the Keystone Aquatic Center in Carlisle, PA. The information is listed below. You may make your reservation online using the link below or by calling the hotel directly. When making your reservation, please ask for Mid-Atl Long Course group rate. This block of rooms will be available until June 20, 2019 or until they sell out. If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Katelyn O'Connor 717-240-0200 or you can contact Heather Yim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Room Rate: Two Queen beds $129 per night plus taxes
Cancellation Policy: Room cancellations/changes accepted until 72 hours prior to check-in date.
Book directly online using the following link:
Hampton Inn Carlisle
1164 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, PA 17013
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Please review CBST policies and procedures with your swimmers often. (Please note that the inclusion of this reminder periodically in our team communications is not an indication that an issue has arisen - we simply provide periodic reminders to prevent issues from occurring.)
- The doors close to the pool at CB South will generally be open and may be used to enter/exit the building. If they are not open, please enter through the main Gymnasium doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please enter the pool hallway off Anderson Road to access the CB East pool at all times. Do not use the front doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please do not park your car (whether you’re in it or not) anywhere other than designated parking spaces. This is particularly an issue at CB South at the diving well door where people sometimes park along the curb behind the parked cars – please avoid fender benders by NOT parking in that area.
- Swimmers should enter the pool deck upon their arrival and wait on the benches for a coach to start practice. On some occasions it may be communicated (directly at a previous practice or via email) that swimmers should wait in the hallway until told to enter the pool deck by a coach. In these instances, please do not allow your swimmer to enter the pool area until the coach has asked them to do so. They will be sent directly to the locker rooms after practice. Parents should always walk their swimmers into the building.
- Please remember: Swimmers should be dropped off no earlier than 10 minutes prior to their scheduled practice time and should be picked-up promptly at the conclusion of practice. Everyone should be out of the building by 15 minutes after the conclusion of practice. Please remind your swimmers to move through the locker room quickly (again spending no more than 10-15 minutes to get changed after practice) and be sure that you are there promptly to pick them up. Also be sure your swimmers know to wait inside for you in the event that you are not there when they exit the locker room. If a swimmer has not been picked-up within a reasonable amount of time after the conclusion of practice, police will be called to keep the child safe while waiting to be picked-up.
- Parents/siblings should go straight to the balcony. Please do not go on deck to speak with the coaches. If you have a question for the coaching staff, please email the head coach for your child (senior or age group). (Emails available on team website.) If you have any concerns please email Roberta Lichter, Aquatics Manager at email@example.com immediately.
- All swimmers should follow their appropriate practice schedule. In other words, CBST-SAL only swimmers may NOT attend CBST-USAS practices. CBST-USAS swimmers may ONLY ATTEND CBST-USAS practices even if they are also registered with CBST-SAL. (Applicable for short course only.)
- Please use your discretion and consider the health and safety of your swimmer and others when deciding whether to send you swimmer to practice when experiencing any medical condition or other situation in which it might be best not to practice. CBST coaches will use their best judgement and if they feel there is a health concern/safety hazard they will restrict swimmers from entering the pool to safeguard themselves and/or the other members of the team.
- In some circumstances, a doctor’s note is required after an injury, illness, or new medical diagnosis prior to a swimmer returning to swim practice with CBST. Please see the related policy on the team website (resources page) and if you are not sure whether your swimmer’s medical condition requires a doctor’s note to resume participation please ask CB Aquatics administrative staff prior to having your athlete return to practice.
- The use of cell phones and other mobile devices with recording capabilities, including voice recording, still cameras and video cameras is prohibited in locker rooms, changing areas, rest rooms or other changing areas. If a swimmer uses a cell phone in the locker room for ANY reason (making phone calls, taking pictures, etc.) the swimmer risks being removed from the team. (Parents please periodically monitor you child’s social media to ensure compliance with this policy.) Also remind your children to always use social media responsibly – taking care to be kind to everyone and remembering that those other than their currently intended audience may eventually see posts.
- Parents are not allowed in the locker rooms for any reason. High school students may be using the locker rooms related to high school activities. It is important that adults (including parents) not be in the locker room for the safety of all swim program participants and other student athletes. Coaches will be sweeping the locker rooms before, in between, and after practices. Nothing should be left in the locker rooms. Athletes should place all belongings into their bags, zip the bag fully shut, and bring it out onto deck and leave it there for the duration of practice. Please speak with your swimmers/divers about appropriate locker room behavior:
- No horseplay or physical contact should occur.
- Lockers are not to be used at any time as they lock and you will not be able to retrieve any items placed into them.
- Speak at a reasonable volume and speak respectfully to everyone.
- Do not touch anyone else or anyone else’s possessions.
- Move with care (remember swimmers and the floor are wet).
- Locker room time should be short (10-15 minutes at the most) - kids may need to be reminded often to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Get a coach if anything inappropriate is occurring, even if they are not involved – tell them they should help stop issues before they escalate, rather than waiting for problems to happen and seeing our friends unhappy based on the consequences.
- Remind your participants often of these behavior expectations which are required at all times – on the deck and in the locker rooms.
- If you prefer that your child not use the locker rooms with the other swimmers please have him/her dry off completely and meet you in the hallway outside of the pool before escorting your swimmer to the appropriate bathrooms located down the hall from the pool in each building.
- Parents should not coach their children from the balcony (or otherwise). We are in one of the few youth sports that provides professional coaching – please trust that the coaches are competent and leave the coaching to them. If your child looks to you for approval/attention/anything during practices, it is likely to cause them to miss important instructional information and/or disrupt the practice for themselves, other participants, and coaches. If this is an issue for your swimmer please do not remain in the balcony during practices.
- Videotaping and still photography of practices and evaluations is prohibited.
- Please make sure your swimmers are dry and have shoes on when in the hallways of the schools. Please remember that behavior should mimic typical school day behavior. No running, climbing on tables, etc. Playing with balls in the building is prohibited. Siblings of team members must stay with their parents at all times and should not enter the locker rooms. No children should be running or roaming the halls at any time. Swimmers and their families are to be in the pool area (balcony or pool hallways) and should only go to the cafeteria area to use the restrooms or vending machines. Swimmers and their families are not to be in the gymnasiums at any time.
- The use of tobacco, alcohol, and all types of illegal drugs, and/or stealing is strictly forbidden by any person in attendance at any CBST function (in or on district property) and by team members at all times.
- Please review detailed and additional policies available at this link: http://cbsd.schoolwires.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=2474 and also accessible through your team website.
- Participants and families are responsible to be aware of and observe all policies and procedures contained in the team handbook (available on team website), posted on the websites (CBSD and team), and communicated via email or other methods. Please be sure to review information on the team site Resources => General Information page (team handbook, USA Swimming rulebook, etc.) and the Resources => CB Aquatics Policies page (policies, Safe Sport information, concussion information). Please take special note of the following posted policies and information:
- CB Aquatics Action Plan to Address Bullying
- CB Aquatics Communications Policy
- CB Aquatics Locker Room Monitoring Policy
- CB Aquatics Photography Policy
- CB Aquatics Safe Sport Information (including Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy information), Safe Sport trainings
- CBST Travel Policy
- Concussion information sheet and trainings
- CB Aquatics strives to create a safe environment in which our participants may participate in swimming activities. Please check in with your swimmers often regarding how practice and team participation in general are going and contact Roberta Lichter, Aquatics Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) right away with any issues or other observations. Concerns will be addressed within a reasonable timeframe. Confidentiality will be maintained to the extent practicable given the obligation of CB Aquatics to investigate and address the matter. See information about Safe Sport on the team website.
- Also be sure to review the information about concussions on the team website.