Remember that long course season practices start this coming Tuesday (April 18). Please check the calendar on the team website for the times of your swimmer's practice group. http://www.cbswimteam.org
Note that due to a once-per-season coaching staff training, there is no age group practice on Saturday, April 22 and senior group swimmers should check the calendar for a modified schedule.
Mark your calendar for a parent meeting on May 3rd at 5:45 p.m. in the classroom near the pool.
As we typically get questions about advancement and other general topics at this time of year, please also see the team website (CBST Resources: General Team Information) for much valuable information including Advancement Philosophy, Swimming 101, Long Course Basics, Updated Q&A documents, etc.
Also, review the important policy information at the end of this message.
Long Course Goals Sheet
Attached to this email is a goals sheet. Please have your swimmer complete the sheet as soon as possible and return to one of the coaches.
Long Course Equipment List
Please make sure that your swimmer has the equipment that they need for Long Course. If you are unsure what your swimmer needs, please see the equipment list on the team website (CBST Resources: General Team Information).
CBST Mayhem Meet
Meet Availability for the CBST Mayhem Meet is currently in your portal. Please indicate your swimmer's Availability in the portal no later than Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 11:59 pm. If you have any questions about this meet, the link to the meet sheet can be found on our website under the "Meets" tab. When indicating Availability, please be sure to utilize the "Comments" section for events that you prefer your swimmer to be entered into or any information that is important for the coaches to know as they are selecting events for your swimmer. Refer to previously circulated guidance for additional meet entry procedural information.
CBST Mayhem Officials
Below is the link for Officials to sign-up to volunteer for our meet. Please email email@example.com with any questions. Thank you in advance for all your help...our meet couldn't run smoothly without you!
2017 LONG COURSE HOTEL/TRAVEL INFORMATION
NLAC Swimfest Hotel Information
CBST has reserved a block of rooms, for our families, from the preferred NLAC Swimfest hotel list. The information is listed below. When making your reservation, please ask for Central Bucks Swim Team. If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Jeff Deitrich at 814-278-7536 or you can contact Julie Kline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hampton Inn and Suites State College
1955 Waddle Road
State College, PA 16803
To make a reservation at the Hampton Inn & Suites in State College, please call the hotel at 814-231-1899 and give the group code BST. Reservations may be made at the group rate through May 16. Alternately, guests may use the following Booking Link: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hp/reservation/book.htm?inputModule=HOTEL&ctyhocn=SCEHSHX&spec_plan=CHHBST&arrival=20170615&departure=20170618&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
Senior Champs Hotel Information
CBST has reserved a block of rooms, for our families for Senior Champs at Bucknell. The information is listed below. When making your reservation, please ask for Central Bucks Swim Team - PARENTS BLOCK. This block of rooms will be reserved until June 20, 2017 and then released back to the hotel. If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Julie Doebler at 570-524-5500 or you can contact Julie Kline at email@example.com.
Best Western PLUS Country Cupboard Inn
7701 Westbranch Highway
Lewisburg, PA 17837
This is the only meet during the 2017 Long Course season that we will be offering Team Travel. Please refer to future CBST communications for Senior Champs Team Travel details and deadlines.
Coaches will do entries for meets CBST is attending as a team and families should not contact meet directors for any reason. Also, please see the attached document regarding seed times. This is important for all swimmers, especially swimmers new to CBST who have swum with another USAS team.
CBST coaches/staff cannot do entries or contact meet directors for any meet CBST is not attending as a team. If you would like to register for a meet CBST is not attending as a team please follow the directions in the related meet information which will generally be to use TM Lite.
If you are registering your swimmer for a meet using TM Lite, remember that USA Swimming requires all swimmers to be registered with their full legal name and, thus, that is how CBST has registered them per the information you provided during registration with the team. This means first name, middle initial, last name per birth certificate or subsequent legal name change document. Be sure to include this correct and complete information when entering any meets on your own. (Specifically, when adding your athlete in TM Lite include first name, middle initial, last name, birth date, sex, and then click "build ID.") If you do not, you will have to deal with issues (either on the front end during the registration process or on the back end with getting the times).
Billing and Payments
April bills have been emailed. See the attached billing guidance which is being circulated periodically (and is posted on the CBST website) to help with any questions. If you have billing questions after reading this document, please contact Jennifer Steinberg at firstname.lastname@example.org . Remember to get payments in by the 25th of each month to avoid interruption to your swimmer’s participation.
If you'd like to add/change an email on this list please let Jen Steinberg know. email@example.com
Swimming Research Study Participation Opportunity:
CBST swimmers in 9th through 12th grades have an opportunity to participate in a research study being conducted by a doctoral student at Temple University. Please read the attached memo describing the study. CBST swimmers participating in the study will meet with Ms. Barlow individually during a short portion of dry-land practice on a specified Saturday. If your swimmer will participate please fill out the consent form that applies to you (under 18 with parent consent or 18 and over) and email it to Madeline Barlow using the email address in the attached memo. Please direct any questions to Madeline.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
· Please review CBST policies and procedures with your swimmers often. (Please note that the inclusion of this reminder periodically in our team communications is not an indication that an issue has arisen - we simply provide periodic reminders to prevent issues from occurring.)
· Swimmers are reminded that they should never leave their swim bags or other belongings in the locker rooms. All items should be placed in the swimmer’s bag and bags should be left on deck for the duration of practice.
· The use of cell phones and other mobile devices with recording capabilities, including voice recording, still cameras and video cameras is prohibited in locker rooms, changing areas, rest rooms or other changing areas. If your swimmer(s) uses his/her cell phone in the locker room for ANY reason (making phone calls, taking pictures, etc.) he/she risks being removed from the team. (Parents please periodically monitor you child’s social media to ensure compliance with this policy.) Also remind your children to always use social media responsibly – taking care to be kind to everyone and remembering that those other than their currently intended audience may eventually see posts.
· Parents are not allowed in the locker rooms for any reason. High school students may be using the locker rooms related to high school activities. It is important that adults (including parents) not be in the locker room for the safety of all swim program participants and other student athletes. If you prefer that your child not use the locker rooms with the other swimmers please have him/her dry off completely and meet you in the hallway outside of the pool before escorting him/her to the appropriate bathrooms located down the hall from the pool in each building.
· Videotaping of practices is prohibited.
· Swimmers should enter the pool deck upon their arrival (no sooner than 10 minutes prior to the start of practice) and wait on the benches for a coach to start practice. They will be sent directly to the locker rooms after practice. Parents should always walk their swimmers into the building.
· Parents/siblings should go straight to the balcony.
· Please make sure your swimmers are dry and have shoes on when in the hallways of the schools. Please remember that behavior should mimic typical school day behavior. No running, climbing on tables, etc. Playing with balls in the building is prohibited. Siblings of team members must stay with their parents at all times and should not enter the locker rooms. No children should be running or roaming the halls at any time. Swimmers and their families are to be in the pool area (balcony or pool hallways) and should only go to the cafeteria area to use the restrooms or vending machines. Swimmers and their families are not to be in the gymnasiums at any time.
· Please review detailed and additional policies available at this link: http://cbsd.schoolwires.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=2474