Please see below for important updates and reminders.
IMPORTANT DATES & UPCOMING DEADLINES:
(See detailed information for each item below.)
- May bills were emailed last week – payments due May 25
- Email me by May 31 for your Advanced or Next Generation swimmer to practice at Nor-Gwyn
- June 3 is the deadline to email if you newly qualify for the Summer Solstice meet and want to attend
- CBST SC 2018-19 hosted meets: October 27-28, 2018 and February 9-10, 2019
As was the case last summer, Advanced and Next Generation swimmers are invited to swim at the Nor-Gwyn (1 Parkside Pl, North Wales) long course outdoor pool starting on June 19th (Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday 6:30-8:30 a.m. and 8:30-9:30 a.m. dryland). See details and dates on the team website calendar. Swimmers wishing to take advantage of this opportunity will pay a flat fee of $50 for any level of participation. If your Advanced or Next Generation swimmer would like to swim at Nor-Gwyn, please email me no later than May 31st and your $50 fee will be included in your June bill.
Don’t forget your water bottle…The coaches would like to remind everyone of the importance of proper hydration and nutrition - especially during the hot days of summer. Every swimmer should always have a water bottle at practice (on deck and during dryland) and be sure that they are eating a healthy meal and/or snack before practice.
Please check the calendar on the team website for the times of your swimmer's practice group. http://www.cbswimteam.org It is a good habit to check the calendar daily for any changes.
CBST members must wear CBST caps at meets (if they wear a cap). If you need caps please email Julie Kline at email@example.com . Note that Julie needs at least one week’s notice prior to when you need the cap to be at CB South for pick-up so please plan accordingly. Your cap purchase will be billed to your account. (Silicone $15 or Latex $8) At this time of year the caps available are non-personalized CBST caps. Swimmers wishing to order personalized CBST caps will be able to do so in the fall.
Save the Dates: CBST’s hosted meets for the 2018-19 season will be on October 27-28, 2018 and February 9-10, 2019. Please mark your calendars now as CBST swimmers (and parent volunteers) are expected to participate and these meets are a great opportunity for your swimmer.
Parkland Aquatic Club Firecracker Meet
The Parkland Aquatic Club Meet Director communicated with us over the weekend that CBST's meet entries for the Firecracker Meet have been accepted. Final meet entries are posted on the CBST website under the "Meets" tab.
Jersey Wahoos Summer Solstice Meet
If you submitted changes and/or adjustments to your swimmer(s) Summer Solstice entries last week, the Meet Director has let us know that all changes were accepted. The meet entries for the JW Summer Solstice Meet are posted on the CBST website under the "Meets" tab.
Please recall that the JW meet has qualifying time standards. If your swimmer indicated that he/she was available to participate in this meet, but unfortunately currently does not qualify, we recognize that there may be a few opportunities for your swimmer to qualify for the Summer Solstice meet this spring. If your swimmer qualifies for this meet in the upcoming weeks and he/she would like to enter into the meet, please email Julie Kline (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Stu Kukla (email@example.com) NO LATER THAN JUNE 3, 2018 at 11:59 PM with the events that your swimmer would like to swim at the Summer Solstice. There are no guarantees that we will be able to enter your swimmer into this meet, but the Meet Director has encouraged us to send over any new athletes that may qualify and they will do their best to enter them.
LANY Hotel Information
CBST has reserved a block of rooms, for our families, from the LANY hotel list. The information is listed below. When making your reservation at the Hampton Inn Lancaster, please call 717-299-1200 and give the group code CBS or you can reserve your room via the following link... https://tinyurl.com/Central-Bucks-Swim-Team .
If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Trisha Herr or you can contact Julie Kline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hampton Inn Lancaster
545 Greenfield Road
Lancaster, PA 17601
NLAC Swimfest Hotel Information
CBST has reserved a block of rooms, for our families, from the preferred NLAC Swimfest hotel list. The information is listed below. When making your reservation at the Hampton Inn & Suites State College, please call 814-231-1899 and give the group code CBS.
If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Jeff Deitrich at 814-278-7536 or you can contact Julie Kline at email@example.com.
Hampton Inn and Suites State College
1955 Waddle Road
State College, PA 16803
Team Travel to Senior Champs
Please watch for a separate email in the next couple of days regarding team travel to Senior Champs at Bucknell.
PARENT’S MEETING NOTES:
Thank you to all the parent's that attended the CBST LC Parent's Meeting. Attached is an outline of the topics covered during the meeting. If you have any questions, please contact Julie Kline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May bills were emailed last week. Please recall the following:
CBST bills are emailed during the first week of each month and the 25th is the due date for your bill – please remit payment so that it will be received by that date.
- Bills are sent for every account every month (even if nothing is due so please contact me if you don’t receive your bill during the first week of any month).
- Late fees apply to payments received after the deadline.
- Billing information is not available through the portal and bills can only be sent to one email address. (If you want to change your billing email please let me know.)
- Billing guidance is attached. If you have questions about your bill after reviewing it and reading the attached guidance, please let me know.
- Payment must be by check (or money order) payable to CBCS.
- Payments may be dropped in the box at CB South (during practice hours) or mailed/hand delivered to the Community School Office at the address below. The drop box at CB South is inside a school building so is not accessible during school hours (you should only access this box during our practice times). If you need to drop off a payment at the Community School office when the office is closed, please seal your payment tightly in a plastic bag and place it in one of the drop boxes attached to the outside of that building.
Please review CBST policies and procedures with your swimmers often. (Please note that the inclusion of this reminder periodically in our team communications is not an indication that an issue has arisen - we simply provide periodic reminders to prevent issues from occurring.)
- The doors close to the pool at CB South will generally be open and may be used to enter/exit the building. If they are not open, please enter through the main Gymnasium doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please enter the pool hallway off Anderson Road to access the CB East pool at all times. Do not use the front doors.
- Please do not park your car (whether you’re in it or not) anywhere other than designated parking spaces. This is particularly an issue at CB South at the diving well door where people sometimes park along the curb behind the parked cars – please avoid fender benders by NOT parking in that area.
- Swimmers should enter the pool deck upon their arrival (no sooner than 10 minutes prior to the start of practice) and wait on the benches for a coach to start practice. They will be sent directly to the locker rooms after practice. Parents should always walk their swimmers into the building.
- Parents/siblings should go straight to the balcony. Please do not go on deck to speak with the coaches. If you have a question for the coaching staff, please email the head coach for your child (senior or age group). (Emails available on team website.) If you have any concerns please email me immediately.
- The use of cell phones and other mobile devices with recording capabilities, including voice recording, still cameras and video cameras is prohibited in locker rooms, changing areas, rest rooms or other changing areas. If your swimmer(s) uses his/her cell phone in the locker room for ANY reason (making phone calls, taking pictures, etc.) he/she risks being removed from the team. (Parents please periodically monitor you child’s social media to ensure compliance with this policy.) Also remind your children to always use social media responsibly – taking care to be kind to everyone and remembering that those other than their currently intended audience may eventually see posts.
- Parents are not allowed in the locker rooms for any reason. High school students may be using the locker rooms related to high school activities. It is important that adults (including parents) not be in the locker room for the safety of all swim program participants and other student athletes. Coaches will be sweeping the locker rooms before, in between, and after practices. Nothing should be left in the locker rooms. Athletes should place all belongings into their bags, zip the bag fully shut, and bring it out onto deck and leave it there for the duration of practice. Please speak with your swimmers/divers about appropriate locker room behavior:
- No horseplay or physical contact should occur.
- Lockers are not to be used at any time as they lock and you will not be able to retrieve any items placed into them.
- Speak at a reasonable volume and speak respectfully to everyone.
- Do not touch anyone else or anyone else’s possessions.
- Move with care (remember swimmers and the floor are wet).
- Locker room time should be short (10-15 minutes at the most) - kids may need to be reminded often to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Get a coach if anything inappropriate is occurring, even if they are not involved – tell them they should help stop issues before they escalate, rather than waiting for problems to happen and seeing our friends unhappy based on the consequences.
- Remind your participants often of these behavior expectations which are required at all times – on the deck and in the locker rooms.
- If you prefer that your child not use the locker rooms with the other swimmers please have him/her dry off completely and meet you in the hallway outside of the pool before escorting him/her to the appropriate bathrooms located down the hall from the pool in each building.
- Parents should not coach their children from the balcony (or otherwise). We are in one of the few youth sports that provides professional coaching – please trust that the coaches are competent and leave the coaching to them. If your child looks to you for approval/attention/anything during practices, it is likely to cause them to miss important instructional information and/or disrupt the practice for themselves, other participants, and coaches. If this is an issue for your swimmer please do not remain in the balcony during practices.
- Videotaping of practices is prohibited.
- Please make sure your swimmers are dry and have shoes on when in the hallways of the schools. Please remember that behavior should mimic typical school day behavior. No running, climbing on tables, etc. Playing with balls in the building is prohibited. Siblings of team members must stay with their parents at all times and should not enter the locker rooms. No children should be running or roaming the halls at any time. Swimmers and their families are to be in the pool area (balcony or pool hallways) and should only go to the cafeteria area to use the restrooms or vending machines. Swimmers and their families are not to be in the gymnasiums at any time.
- Please review detailed and additional policies available at this link: http://cbsd.schoolwires.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=2474