Please see below for important updates and reminders.
IMPORTANT DATES & UPCOMING DEADLINES:
(See detailed information for each item below or in separate champs email.)
- Right away – email Julie Kline (email@example.com) if you are officiating or cannot volunteer at any portion of a championship meet in which your swimmer is participating.
- June 15 no PM practices
- June 16 no age group practice due to the meet
- June 18 summer practice schedule begins (except: no senior practice at South this day as school is still in session; senior practice at Whites Road only this day)
- June 18 Junior Olympics hotel block deadline
- June 24 portal availability deadline for Silver and Senior champs
- July 2 portal availability deadline for Junior Olympics
- July 8 additional entry/time updates email deadline for Junior Olympics and time update only email deadline for Silver Champs
- July 16 time update only email deadline for Junior Olympics
Registration information will be circulated by July 1st. Remember that you’ll need to get in new physicals (dated 9/1/2016 or after) so please get appointments scheduled now and/or find your forms. Recall that even if you just provided us with a physical for long course 2018 we will still need a new copy for the 2018-19 season as we do not retain copies from one school year to the next. You may find the forms at this link: http://cbsd.schoolwires.net/Page/2960
Scholastic All-America information is available for eligible swimmers who have completed 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade. Time standards, detailed information, and application are available through this link: https://www.usaswimming.org/utility/landing-pages/times/scholastic-all-america
Check the calendar for details of practices:
- Due to CB South graduation, there will be no PM practices on June 15th (so no age group that day and only senior morning practice).
- The senior group will begin morning only practice for the summer on June 18th. No practice at South this day (only Whites Road) as school is still in session.
- Age group will also begin the summer practice schedule on June 18th.
Weather-Related Outdoor Practice Considerations
- Outdoor swim practices will be held if it is raining.
- Outdoor dryland practice will NOT be held if it is raining.
- No outdoor practice (swim or dryland) will be held if there is thunder/lightening.
- If Coach Stu believes outdoor practice needs to be cancelled ahead of time due to weather, he will notify the team by roughly 5 a.m. via Twitter and the team calendar.
COMMUNICATIONS & BILLING:
Coaching contacts: Should you have a topic you would like to discuss with a coach, please make contact as indicated below and the coach will make arrangements with you and any other appropriate coaches:
Please help ensure your needs are met efficiently by following this procedure and just contacting the one appropriate contact listed above for your swimmer’s group. Note that these email addresses are also on the team website.
Be sure to get your June bill payments in by the 25th deadline.
See separate email sent last Friday regarding championship meet entries and volunteering.
Recall that meet entries for our team are posted on the team website (meets page).
Individuals not swimming in a meet (including parents and other family members of swimmers) may not be on deck during a meet (home or away) except when working as an on-deck volunteer at their assigned time. When on deck working, officials and other volunteers should be in the spot where they need to be to do their job (which is never the CBST team area).
Scratching From Meets:
If your swimmer’s plans change and s/he is unable to attend a meet that s/he is entered in, please email Julie Kline at firstname.lastname@example.org and Coach Stu at email@example.com as soon as possible. Barring an emergency, swimmers will not be scratched from events the day of the meet (if a swimmer wishes to scratch they must do so prior to the day of the meet). Unfortunately, sometimes emergency situations do arise in which a swimmer has to scratch the meet on the day-of. In such cases, please make sure you email both Julie Kline and Coach Stu to ensure that the coaching staff attending the meet is notified. It is difficult for both the meet director and our coaches to manage when they are unaware that a registered swimmer will not be in attendance.
CBST members must wear CBST caps at meets (if they wear a cap). If you need caps please email Julie Kline at firstname.lastname@example.org . Note that Julie needs at least one week’s notice prior to when you need the cap to be at CB South for pick-up so please plan accordingly. Your cap purchase will be billed to your account. (Silicone $15 or Latex $8) At this time of year the caps available are non-personalized CBST caps. Swimmers wishing to order personalized CBST caps will be able to do so in the fall.
PAAC Firecracker Meet: The host asked us to pass along that they are taking orders for the 2018 PAAC Firecracker Meet T-shirt. The order form is attached to this email and also posted on the PAAC website with the Firecracker Meet information. If you would like to purchase a t-shirt, return the order form and payment to the PAAC Office (address on attached form) by Wednesday, June 20th. Do not include the $5.00 shipping fee since we will be delivering all preordered shirts at the meet.
NLAC Swimfest Information
Please see separate email to be sent shortly regarding important meet details and volunteer assignments for the NLAC Swimfest meet.
Junior Olympics Hotel Information
CBST has reserved a block of rooms for our families from the Junior Olympics hotel list. The information is listed below. When making your reservation at the Hampton Inn Lancaster, please call 717-299-1200 and reference Group Code CBT. Reservations must be received by June 18, 2018 at midnight, thereafter, reservations will be taken on a space available basis only. If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Trisha Herr or you can contact Julie Kline at email@example.com.
Hampton Inn Lancaster
545 Greenfield Road
Lancaster, PA 17601
Senior Champs Hotel Information
CBST has reserved a block of rooms, for our families for Senior Champs at Bucknell. The information is listed below. When making your reservation, please ask for Central Bucks Swim Team - PARENTS BLOCK. This block of rooms was held until June 12, 2018 and then released back to the hotel. If you are still in need of a room at this location, please contact the hotel and they will make every effort to accommodate your reservation if space is available. If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Julie Doebler at 570-524-5500 or you can contact Julie Kline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best Western PLUS Country Cupboard Inn
7701 Westbranch Highway
Lewisburg, PA 17837