Please see below for important updates and reminders.
BILLS & REGISTRATION:
July bills were sent on July 6th. If you did not receive your bill, please check your junk/spam and if you cannot locate it email me right away. Remember ALL accounts receive a bill every month (even if $0 is due) so even if you believe you have no balance please email me for your bill if you don’t have it. Bill payments are due as usual by July 25th. The deadline for 2018-19 registration is August 15th. Remember that all CBST accounts must be up-to-date for registration to be complete.
Watch for a separate email later this week with Silver Champs details.
For qualified, interested swimmers, Zones information may be found here: http://www.maswim.org/ma-zone-team/
Individuals not swimming in a meet (including parents and other family members of swimmers) may not be on deck during a meet (home or away) except when working as an on-deck volunteer at their assigned time. When on deck working, officials and other volunteers should be in the spot where they need to be to do their job (which is never the CBST team area).
Scratching From Meets:
If your swimmer’s plans change and s/he is unable to attend a meet that s/he is entered in, please email Julie Kline at email@example.com and Coach Stu at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Barring an emergency, swimmers will not be scratched from events the day of the meet (if a swimmer wishes to scratch they must do so prior to the day of the meet). Unfortunately, sometimes emergency situations do arise in which a swimmer has to scratch the meet on the day-of. In such cases, please make sure you email both Julie Kline and Coach Stu to ensure that the coaching staff attending the meet is notified. It is difficult for both the meet director and our coaches to manage when they are unaware that a registered swimmer will not be in attendance.
Please do not contact meet hosts directly regarding entries for meets into which CBST has entered as a team. This causes the potential for problems with entries for your swimmers and other swimmers on our team, and often damages our team’s relationship with the meet host, jeopardizing our future ability to get into their meets.
Championship meets with prelims and finals: CBST swimmers who swim in prelims and qualify for finals are expected to stay for finals.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Please review CBST policies and procedures with your swimmers often. (Please note that the inclusion of this reminder periodically in our team communications is not an indication that an issue has arisen - we simply provide periodic reminders to prevent issues from occurring.)
- The doors close to the pool at CB South will generally be open and may be used to enter/exit the building. If they are not open, please enter through the main Gymnasium doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please enter the pool hallway off Anderson Road to access the CB East pool at all times. Do not use the front doors.
- Please do not park your car (whether you’re in it or not) anywhere other than designated parking spaces. This is particularly an issue at CB South at the diving well door where people sometimes park along the curb behind the parked cars – please avoid fender benders by NOT parking in that area.
- Swimmers should enter the pool deck upon their arrival (no sooner than 10 minutes prior to the start of practice) and wait on the benches for a coach to start practice. They will be sent directly to the locker rooms after practice. Parents should always walk their swimmers into the building.
- Parents/siblings should go straight to the balcony. Please do not go on deck to speak with the coaches. If you have a question for the coaching staff, please email the head coach for your child (senior or age group). (Emails available on team website.) If you have any concerns please email me immediately.
- The use of cell phones and other mobile devices with recording capabilities, including voice recording, still cameras and video cameras is prohibited in locker rooms, changing areas, rest rooms or other changing areas. If your swimmer(s) uses his/her cell phone in the locker room for ANY reason (making phone calls, taking pictures, etc.) he/she risks being removed from the team. (Parents please periodically monitor you child’s social media to ensure compliance with this policy.) Also remind your children to always use social media responsibly – taking care to be kind to everyone and remembering that those other than their currently intended audience may eventually see posts.
- Parents are not allowed in the locker rooms for any reason. High school students may be using the locker rooms related to high school activities. It is important that adults (including parents) not be in the locker room for the safety of all swim program participants and other student athletes. Coaches will be sweeping the locker rooms before, in between, and after practices. Nothing should be left in the locker rooms. Athletes should place all belongings into their bags, zip the bag fully shut, and bring it out onto deck and leave it there for the duration of practice. Please speak with your swimmers/divers about appropriate locker room behavior:
- No horseplay or physical contact should occur.
- Lockers are not to be used at any time as they lock and you will not be able to retrieve any items placed into them.
- Speak at a reasonable volume and speak respectfully to everyone.
- Do not touch anyone else or anyone else’s possessions.
- Move with care (remember swimmers and the floor are wet).
- Locker room time should be short (10-15 minutes at the most) - kids may need to be reminded often to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Get a coach if anything inappropriate is occurring, even if they are not involved – tell them they should help stop issues before they escalate, rather than waiting for problems to happen and seeing our friends unhappy based on the consequences.
- Remind your participants often of these behavior expectations which are required at all times – on the deck and in the locker rooms.
- If you prefer that your child not use the locker rooms with the other swimmers please have him/her dry off completely and meet you in the hallway outside of the pool before escorting him/her to the appropriate bathrooms located down the hall from the pool in each building.
- Parents should not coach their children from the balcony (or otherwise). We are in one of the few youth sports that provides professional coaching – please trust that the coaches are competent and leave the coaching to them. If your child looks to you for approval/attention/anything during practices, it is likely to cause them to miss important instructional information and/or disrupt the practice for themselves, other participants, and coaches. If this is an issue for your swimmer please do not remain in the balcony during practices.
- Videotaping of practices is prohibited.
- Please make sure your swimmers are dry and have shoes on when in the hallways of the schools. Please remember that behavior should mimic typical school day behavior. No running, climbing on tables, etc. Playing with balls in the building is prohibited. Siblings of team members must stay with their parents at all times and should not enter the locker rooms. No children should be running or roaming the halls at any time. Swimmers and their families are to be in the pool area (balcony or pool hallways) and should only go to the cafeteria area to use the restrooms or vending machines. Swimmers and their families are not to be in the gymnasiums at any time.
- Please review detailed and additional policies available at this link: http://cbsd.schoolwires.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=2474