(See detailed information for each item below.)
- May bills were emailed on Monday – payments due May 25
- Email me by May 31 for your Advanced or Next Generation swimmer to practice at Nor-Gwyn
- CBST SC 2019-20 hosted meets: October 26-27, 2019 and February 8-9, 2020
- Deadline for Senior Champs hotel room block June 12 (book ASAP as all available rooms are generally all booked well prior to the deadline)
- Deadline for Junior Olympics hotel room block June 17 (or until sold out)
- Deadline for Silver Champs hotel room block June 20 (or until sold out)
As was the case last summer, Advanced and Next Generation swimmers are invited to swim at the Nor-Gwyn (1 Parkside Pl, North Wales) long course outdoor pool starting on June 18th (Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday 6:30-8:30 a.m. and 8:30-9:15 a.m. dryland). See details and dates on the team website calendar. Swimmers wishing to take advantage of this opportunity will pay a flat fee of $50 for any level of participation. If your Advanced or Next Generation swimmer would like to swim at Nor-Gwyn, please email me no later than May 31st and your $50 fee will be included in your June bill.
Our coaches want our athletes and their families to be aware that the advantage of practicing in a 50 meter pool is two-fold. First, the true length of a 50 meter pool provides adequate conditioning for swimmers to adjust to the added length of the pool for meets. Second, the psychological aspect allows swimmers to not be overwhelmed when they get behind the blocks during a meet. Sometimes, swimmers are overwhelmed when looking down the length of a 50 meter pool. The ability to train in the distance we compete in is incomparable. We currently are training in a 40 yard pool (36.5 meters) which provides added benefits but still is 13.5 meters (119 ft) shorter than a 50 meter pool. Training in the longer pool will boost confidence, strength, endurance and allow for faster swims during meets. While this opportunity is great for those swimmers to whom it is available and are able to take advantage of it, if your swimmer is not yet in the advanced group or your family cannot make attending these practices work for your swimmer, please do not worry as they will still be getting the benefits of swimming in the 40 yard pool at CB South.
Practices for long course have been posted on the CBST calendar. Note that practices needs starting in mid-July will be assessed based on USAS championship meet timing and CBST swimmer attendance at these meets so currently posted information may change.
Please check the calendar on the team website for the times of your swimmer's practice group. http://www.cbswimteam.org It is a good habit to check the calendar daily for any changes.
Save the Dates: CBST’s hosted meets for the 2019-20 season will be on October 26-27, 2019 and February 8-9, 2020. Please mark your calendars now as CBST swimmers (and parent volunteers) are expected to participate and these meets are a great opportunity for your swimmer.
We do not have any updates about the NLAC meet at this time and will pass along information as we receive it.
Senior swimmers please refer to the email sent to just senior swim families yesterday regarding an opportunity to qualify for senior champs.
Senior Champs Hotel Information
(Information regarding team travel for Senior Champs will be communicated in a separate email)
CBST has reserved a block of rooms, for our families for Senior Champs at Bucknell University in Lewisburg, PA. The hotel information is listed below. When making your reservation, please ask for Central Bucks Swim Team - SWIM PARENTS. This block of rooms will be reserved until June 12, 2019 and then released back to the hotel. Please be aware that the rooms for this meet have been reserved quickly in the past so if you’re interested please make contact as soon as possible. If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Julie Doebler at 570-524-5500 or you can contact Heather Yim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Room Rate: King bed with sleeper sofa $139 per night plus taxes
Cancellation Policy: Room cancellations/changes accepted until Noon on day of arrival
Best Western PLUS Country Cupboard Inn
7701 Westbranch Highway
Lewisburg, PA 17837
Junior Olympics Hotel Information
CBST has reserved a block of rooms, for our families for Junior Olympics at Franklin and Marshall in Lancaster, PA. The information is listed below. You may make your reservation online using the link below or by calling the hotel directly. When making your reservation, please ask for CBS group rate. This block of rooms will be reserved until June 17, 2019 and then released back to the hotel. If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Trisha Nelson 717-293-4981 or you can contact Heather Yim at email@example.com
Room Rate: Two Double beds $174 per night plus taxes
Cancellation Policy: Room cancellations/changes accepted until 72 hours prior to check-in date.
Group Code: CBS
Hampton Inn Lancaster
545 Greenfield Road
Lancaster, PA 17601
Silver Champs Hotel Information
Middle Atlantic Swimming has reserved a block of rooms for swimmers attending Silver Champs at the Keystone Aquatic Center in Carlisle, PA. The information is listed below. You may make your reservation online using the link below or by calling the hotel directly. When making your reservation, please ask for Mid-Atl Long Course group rate. This block of rooms will be available until June 20, 2019 or until they sell out. If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Katelyn O'Connor 717-240-0200 or you can contact Heather Yim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Room Rate: Two Queen beds $129 per night plus taxes
Cancellation Policy: Room cancellations/changes accepted until 72 hours prior to check-in date.
Book directly online using the following link:
Hampton Inn Carlisle
1164 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, PA 17013
Bills were emailed earlier this week. Please make payment as soon as possible and no later than the 25th. Please recall that CBST bills are emailed during the first week of each month and the 25th is the due date for your bill – please remit payment so that it will be received by that date.
- Late fees apply to payments received after the deadline.
- Billing information is not available through the portal and bills can only be sent to one email address. (If you want to change your billing email please let me know.)
- Billing guidance is available on the team website resources page. If you have questions about your bill after reviewing it and reading the guidance, or if you have not received your bill (check junk/spam folder and your email settings first), please email me.
- Payment must be by check (or money order) payable to CBCS.
- Payments may be dropped in the box at CB South (during practice hours) or mailed/hand delivered to the Community School Office at the address below. The drop box at CB South is inside a school building so is not accessible during school hours (you should only access this box during our practice times). If you need to drop off a payment at the Community School office when the office is closed, please seal your payment tightly in a plastic bag and place it in one of the drop boxes attached to the outside of that building.
COMMUNICATIONS / MEETINGS:
Thank you to all the parents that attended the CBST LC Parent's Meeting. An outline of the topics covered during the meeting is below. If you have any questions, please contact Stu Kukla at email@example.com.
Parents Meeting Agenda
- Meet schedule & sign up
- Senior Champs
- I ask that you allow your athlete to go with the team
- It does conflict with some summer league champs, but ask that you attend.
- Will be at F&M.
- Will always have a coach at meets on the list
- Silver Champs
- Senior Champs
- LCM practices for Senior group
- Whites Road M-W-F
- Nor Gwyn T-H-S
- Senior Practice
- Look to attend every afternoon and Saturday
- Offer mornings 5 days a week at South, (5:30-6:45 or when they need to get out) lifting on Tue & Thur. Should attend 2-3 a week.
- During the summer practice schedule is
- Mon-Wed-Fri @ WR 6-8:15 water 8:30-9:15 dry land
- Tue-Thur-Sat @ Nor-Gwyn 6-8:30 water 8:30-9:15 dry land
- Mon-Sat @ South 6:30-8:30 8:30-9:30 DL
- Age Group
- Attendance is dependent on group
- Offering dry land on Saturday mornings
- Summer Dry land (1/2 before all morning practices)
- NG in mornings + Summer Saturdays
- M&W afternoons T,H,F,S mornings
- No AG on meet weekends
- Adv. & NG @ Nor-Gwyn T-H-Sat 6:30-8:30am
- Email Jen if interested, there is an additional charge
- All groups, except Intermediate (provided), should have zoomers & paddles, Next Gen & Seniors should also have snorkels, and Seniors should also have shoes & T-shirt to wear into the pool
- Snorkel, “zoomers,” Paddles, Shoes/shirt
- Weekly email
- Please try and read it every time
- All last minute changes will be posted on calendar or Twitter (weather, meet changes, etc.)
- The team calendar
- It will have all practice times and changes to the schedule
- The team website
- I don’t run it, but things go on as soon as possible.
- If you have team pictures you want to add feel free to email them to Jen Steinberg
- Follow us on Twitter @cbswimteam
- Thunderstorm or weather changes
- Please try and read it every time
- Clothing and Gear
- Everyone should be wearing CBST gear when at a meet
- We have a clothing/gear sale, email out
- Hoping to set up with Personal Best to get warm-ups from Arena in the Fall again
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Please review CBST policies and procedures with your swimmers often. (Please note that the inclusion of this reminder periodically in our team communications is not an indication that an issue has arisen - we simply provide periodic reminders to prevent issues from occurring.)
- The doors close to the pool at CB South will generally be open and may be used to enter/exit the building. If they are not open, please enter through the main Gymnasium doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please enter the pool hallway off Anderson Road to access the CB East pool at all times. Do not use the front doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please do not park your car (whether you’re in it or not) anywhere other than designated parking spaces. This is particularly an issue at CB South at the diving well door where people sometimes park along the curb behind the parked cars – please avoid fender benders by NOT parking in that area.
- Swimmers should enter the pool deck upon their arrival and wait on the benches for a coach to start practice. On some occasions it may be communicated (directly at a previous practice or via email) that swimmers should wait in the hallway until told to enter the pool deck by a coach. In these instances, please do not allow your swimmer to enter the pool area until the coach has asked them to do so. They will be sent directly to the locker rooms after practice. Parents should always walk their swimmers into the building.
- Please remember: Swimmers should be dropped off no earlier than 10 minutes prior to their scheduled practice time and should be picked-up promptly at the conclusion of practice. Everyone should be out of the building by 15 minutes after the conclusion of practice. Please remind your swimmers to move through the locker room quickly (again spending no more than 10-15 minutes to get changed after practice) and be sure that you are there promptly to pick them up. Also be sure your swimmers know to wait inside for you in the event that you are not there when they exit the locker room. If a swimmer has not been picked-up within a reasonable amount of time after the conclusion of practice, police will be called to keep the child safe while waiting to be picked-up.
- Parents/siblings should go straight to the balcony. Please do not go on deck to speak with the coaches. If you have a question for the coaching staff, please email the head coach for your child (senior or age group). (Emails available on team website.) If you have any concerns please email me immediately.
- All swimmers should follow their appropriate practice schedule. In other words, CBST-SAL only swimmers may NOT attend CBST-USAS practices. CBST-USAS swimmers may ONLY ATTEND CBST-USAS practices even if they are also registered with CBST-SAL. (Applicable for short course only.)
- Please use your discretion and consider the health and safety of your swimmer and others when deciding whether to send you swimmer to practice when experiencing any medical condition or other situation in which it might be best not to practice. CBST coaches will use their best judgement and if they feel there is a health concern/safety hazard they will restrict swimmers from entering the pool to safeguard themselves and/or the other members of the team.
- In some circumstances, a doctor’s note is required after an injury, illness, or new medical diagnosis prior to a swimmer returning to swim practice with CBST. Please see the related policy on the team website (resources page) and if you are not sure whether your swimmer’s medical condition requires a doctor’s note to resume participation please ask CB Aquatics administrative staff prior to having your athlete return to practice.
- The use of cell phones and other mobile devices with recording capabilities, including voice recording, still cameras and video cameras is prohibited in locker rooms, changing areas, rest rooms or other changing areas. If a swimmer uses a cell phone in the locker room for ANY reason (making phone calls, taking pictures, etc.) the swimmer risks being removed from the team. (Parents please periodically monitor you child’s social media to ensure compliance with this policy.) Also remind your children to always use social media responsibly – taking care to be kind to everyone and remembering that those other than their currently intended audience may eventually see posts.
- Parents are not allowed in the locker rooms for any reason. High school students may be using the locker rooms related to high school activities. It is important that adults (including parents) not be in the locker room for the safety of all swim program participants and other student athletes. Coaches will be sweeping the locker rooms before, in between, and after practices. Nothing should be left in the locker rooms. Athletes should place all belongings into their bags, zip the bag fully shut, and bring it out onto deck and leave it there for the duration of practice. Please speak with your swimmers/divers about appropriate locker room behavior:
- No horseplay or physical contact should occur.
- Lockers are not to be used at any time as they lock and you will not be able to retrieve any items placed into them.
- Speak at a reasonable volume and speak respectfully to everyone.
- Do not touch anyone else or anyone else’s possessions.
- Move with care (remember swimmers and the floor are wet).
- Locker room time should be short (10-15 minutes at the most) - kids may need to be reminded often to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Get a coach if anything inappropriate is occurring, even if they are not involved – tell them they should help stop issues before they escalate, rather than waiting for problems to happen and seeing our friends unhappy based on the consequences.
- Remind your participants often of these behavior expectations which are required at all times – on the deck and in the locker rooms.
- If you prefer that your child not use the locker rooms with the other swimmers please have him/her dry off completely and meet you in the hallway outside of the pool before escorting your swimmer to the appropriate bathrooms located down the hall from the pool in each building.
- Parents should not coach their children from the balcony (or otherwise). We are in one of the few youth sports that provides professional coaching – please trust that the coaches are competent and leave the coaching to them. If your child looks to you for approval/attention/anything during practices, it is likely to cause them to miss important instructional information and/or disrupt the practice for themselves, other participants, and coaches. If this is an issue for your swimmer please do not remain in the balcony during practices.
- Videotaping of practices is prohibited.
- Please make sure your swimmers are dry and have shoes on when in the hallways of the schools. Please remember that behavior should mimic typical school day behavior. No running, climbing on tables, etc. Playing with balls in the building is prohibited. Siblings of team members must stay with their parents at all times and should not enter the locker rooms. No children should be running or roaming the halls at any time. Swimmers and their families are to be in the pool area (balcony or pool hallways) and should only go to the cafeteria area to use the restrooms or vending machines. Swimmers and their families are not to be in the gymnasiums at any time.
- The use of tobacco, alcohol, and all types of illegal drugs, and/or stealing is strictly forbidden by any person in attendance at any CBST function (in or on district property) and by team members at all times.
- Please review detailed and additional policies available at this link: http://cbsd.schoolwires.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=2474 and also accessible through your team website.
- Participants and families are responsible to be aware of and observe all policies and procedures contained in the team handbook (available on team website), posted on the websites (CBSD and team), and communicated via email or other methods.