The CBST Administrative staff has compiled not only volunteer assignments, but also emails over the last 48 hours from the Silver Champs meet director.
Thank you once again in advance for helping to make Silver Champs successful! Below are the assigned volunteer slots for CBST.
Please check-in at the volunteer table to receive your name tag which is required for each session.
Arrive 45 minutes prior to the start of the meet. The timer meeting is 30 minutes prior to the start of each session.
PLEASE RECALL THE REVISED SESSION TIMELINE FOR SESSION START TIMES (See information included below for additional details.)
If you are unable to fulfill your volunteer assignment, please find someone else during your session to switch with.
Please note - The Silver Champs meet director assigned CBST volunteer slots during the Finals sessions. As it would be very difficult for our administrative staff to predict which swimmers will make finals, we are not assigning timers to work during those sessions. If your swimmer makes Finals, you will be expected to time during that session. We are asking that EVERY parent with a swimmer in FINALS check in at the volunteer table. Please work together to not only make sure that CBST fulfills their volunteer assignments during these Finals sessions, but also split sessions appropriately so that no one has to unnecessarily work a full shift while taking in to consideration those families that have already worked or are working at some point during this meet. Also recall, CBST is fortunate to have a number of parents who also serve as Officials during these meets. Championship meets will not begin if teams do not fulfill their volunteer responsibilities. Please keep this in mind and do not force coaches to come find our CBST parents. Their efforts should be focusing solely on the swimmers this weekend.
Our coaches have repeatedly communicated to us that CBST is well known for their wonderful parent volunteers. We are confident that those sentiments will again be the case during this weekend's Silver Champs. If you have any questions, please email Julie Kline at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks again for all your help!
CBST has a very good reputation and clearly successful swimmers
Session 1 - No CBST volunteers required
Session 2 - 2 CBST volunteers required
Timed Finals - 4 CBST volunteers required
Session 4 - 3 CBST volunteers required
1 - Jucewicz (1st half)/Hamilton (2nd half)
2 - Suko (1st half)/Poon (2nd half)
3 - Burke (1st half)/Gitman (2nd half)
Session 5 - No CBST volunteers required
Timed Finals - 2 CBST volunteers required
Session 7A - 3 CBST volunteers required
1 - Schnapf(1st half)/Wallace(2nd half)
2 - Reteneller(1st half)/He(2nd half)
3 - McCallion(1st half)/Spector(2nd half)
Session 7B - 1 CBST volunteer required
Vergara - 1st Half
Stark - 2nd Half
Session 8 - 1 CBST volunteer required
Majewski - 1st Half
McCloskey - 2nd Half
First we would like to thank you for attending this meet in support of all the hardworking Silvers swimmers across MA. These young athletes only have these opportunities with the assistance and dedication of the team of Officials within MA.
That being said, we ask that you please share this ONLINE SIGN UP with your Officials to ensure we have the right amount of volunteers to pull off a great meet.
ALL OFFICIALS WILL GET:
- Hospitality - 3 meals and a continuous flow of snacks and drinks available for your convenience.
- A small token of our appreciation for volunteering :)
Have a great night and see you very soon!
Hello MIDDLE ATLANTIC SWIMMING
Every coach, parent, swimmer, and volunteer needs to be aware of several changes to the format of the 2017 MA LC Silver Championship meet.
Due to robust participation, we have made four important changes to the meet format in order to shorten the timelines.
1. We combined most 11-12 events into their 13&O counterpart, making one 11&O Age Group for prelims. Five events remain uncombined: 400 IM, 400 FR, 50 FL, 50 BK, and 50 BR. For your convenience, we have created a pdf that shows the old event numbers and the new event numbers. Click HERE to view it. Please note that these events will still be awarded and swum in finals by age group.
2. 400 IM has been moved from the start of Sunday prelims to directly after Sunday prelims, creating two sessions, 7A and 7B. The 11-12 400 IM remains timed finals, while the 13&O 400 IM will be a preliminary event swum fastest to slowest. Click HERE to see an updated Session Event List to make it easier for you to follow the flow of the meet.
3. Session warm-up and start times have been adjusted to accommodate the above changes. See the new Session Chart HERE.
4. We will be utilizing the “scratch-back” process in prelims sessions to eliminate unnecessary heats of absent swimmers. All prelim scratches are due at 7:40 am. Please note that timeline lengths have not taken into account the scratches. Barring equipment malfunction, it is possible that we come in under the posted session length.
We will be utilizing a page on our team website HERE to communicate. Listed currently are the Warm-up Assignments, Meet Apparel by Fine Designs and documents linked in the above changes. The Meet Notes, Timing Assignments and Psych Sheet will be added after the “last chance” deadline today.
Because BLUE Eagle’s membership base is from Northeastern, PA and Northwest NJ, we are asking for assistance from parents of attending teams. Help in these select areas outside of timing will be incentivized. Click HERE for more information.