CBST is offering team travel for the 2019 Middle Atlantic Long Course Senior Champs in July. Recall that team travel means that swimmers travel with coaches. Please review the information below and check with Coach Stu if you are unsure if you’ll be attending this time qualifying meet. Also consider with your family if you will need team travel or will be travelling with your family.
All deadlines for Team Travel will be firm in order to make this process move as smoothly as possible. Please note that a deposit of the approximate full cost of the trip ($400) will be required by the deadline to commit to team travel. The CBST travel policy with details about this is available at this link: http://www.cbswimteam.org/uploads/5/9/8/6/59862579/cbst_team_travel_policy.pdf. Please review the policy and understand that all procedures are in place to make it possible for CBST to continue to offer team travel for those swimmers who need it. Team travel is not available to age group swimmers.
Middle Atlantic Long Course
(arrival July 9)
Bucknell University Kinney Natatorium
Lewisburg, PA, 17837
Best Western PLUS -
Country Cupboard Inn 7701 Westbranch Highway Lewisburg, PA 17837
Required Deposit - $400 per swimmer
Instructions to sign-up for team travel are included below.
The deadline is Monday, June 3rd.
- In order to participate in team travel, swimmers must turn in their permission slips and $400 deposit by the deadline which is Monday, June 3rd. Link to permission slip: http://www.cbswimteam.org/uploads/5/9/8/6/59862579/cbst_writable_form_for_multiple_day_trip_permission_updated_4-2019.pdf
- Swimmers must also email Heather Yim at email@example.com by the June 3rd deadline with the complete information listed below for the meet.
- Swimmers who do not email Heather and provide both the permission slip and the payment by June 3rd will not have the opportunity to travel with the team to this meet so will need to make other travel arrangements.
- Swimmers cannot room with coaches and also cannot room alone, thus there must be a minimum of two swimmers of a gender travelling with the team for team travel to be available to swimmers of that gender.
- Double occupancy will be the goal but if there is an odd number of swimmers of one gender, there will be one triple which may require the use of a roll-away bed.
- Please do not sign up for team travel unless your athlete(s) has qualified for Senior Champs. The deadline to sign up for CBST team travel is independent of the deadline to qualify for Senior Champs. Those swimmers who have the good fortune of qualifying for Senior Champs after June 3 will need to make family travel arrangements.
- After June 3rd, arrangements will have been made, additional swimmers will not be able to travel with the team, no changes will be able to be made to team travel arrangements, all swimmers participating in team travel will be expected to travel with the team as arranged, refunds will not be available, and any additional charges incurred beyond the deposit will be billed to swimmers signed-up for team travel.
- In the unlikely event that we are able to make arrangements for your swimmer after the deadline, a non-refundable late fee of $125 will be required along with your deposit.
- Note that the deposit is an approximate amount. You will likely owe slightly more once all travel expenses have been paid. This additional amount will be billed once all invoices are received. In the event that the deposit exceeds the final cost of the trip, you will receive an account credit or a refund. The amount of the deposit is the same for all swimmers, regardless of specific travel plans.
- The team will rent a van for travel to and from the meet and to and from the meet venue and hotel over the course of the meet. If your swimmer will use the van at any time please indicate that your swimmer needs a seat on the van below. Please note that if you reserve a seat on the van you will be charged a full share of the van cost regardless of how many times you actually use the van.
- Unless otherwise indicated in your email, it will be assumed that your swimmer needs a hotel room for all nights. If that is not the case, team travel will likely not be available to your swimmer but provide the dates you'd like and arrangements will be made for your swimmer if possible.
Please email Heather Yim no later than Monday, June 3rd with the following information and turn in your completed permission slip with a check payable to CBCS for the required deposit for the meet.
- Do not email with partial or unsure information. Wait until you know all information then email. If you will not know all information by the June 3rd deadline, your swimmer will likely not be able to travel with the team.
- Note that swimmers who will be attending this meet but will be travelling exclusively with family do not need to email.
Please provide this information if you are team travelling for the 2019 Middle Atlantic LC Senior Champs meet:
- Swimmer's Name
- Do you need a seat on the van?
- Do you need a hotel room?
- Additional pertinent information (for example if you want to travel with the team for only some of the days of a meet)
Thank you for your help in making team travel available for our swimmers by following these directions and adhering to the stated deadline.
Please email Heather Yim at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions or need further information. Thank you.