Thanks to Alex Patti, Chip McElrath, Heidi Scholer, Sayde Shiroff, and Connor Killion for participating in the first ever MA Day of Service at the Philadelphia Food Share this past Saturday. They volunteered their Saturday to help package and prepare food for the needy. They did a great job and really represented CBST proudly.
Updates and reminders are below.
There will be practice this coming Saturday (May 20). Age group times are 30 minutes later than usual: dryland 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. and swim 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (end time 11 a.m. for intermediate). Senior times as usual. All start and end times are posted on the website calendar.
The coaches would like to remind everyone of the importance of proper hydration and nutrition - especially during the hot days of summer (and some like today in the spring too!). Every swimmer should always have a water bottle at practice (on deck and during dryland) and be sure that they are eating a healthy meal and/or snack before practice.
Recall that Advanced and Next Generation swimmers are invited to swim at the Nor-Gwyn (1 Parkside Pl, North Wales) long course outdoor pool starting on June 20th (Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday 6:30-8:30 a.m. and 8:30-9:30 a.m. dryland). See details and dates on the team website calendar. Swimmers wishing to take advantage of this opportunity will pay a flat fee of $50 for any level of participation. If your Advanced or Next Generation swimmer would like to swim at Nor-Gwyn, please email me no later than May 31st and your $50 fee will be included in your June bill.
2017 LONG COURSE HOTEL/TRAVEL INFORMATION
Team Travel to Senior Champs
See the separate email sent last week regarding team travel to senior champs for high school athletes. This is the only meet during the 2017 Long Course season for which we will be offering Team Travel. Deadline is June 5th. Note that if you’d like to drop the paperwork and check off at South you should use the drop box.
Senior Champs Hotel Information
CBST has reserved a block of rooms, for our families for Senior Champs at Bucknell. The information is listed below. When making your reservation, please ask for Central Bucks Swim Team - PARENTS BLOCK. This block of rooms will be reserved until June 20, 2017 and then released back to the hotel. If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Julie Doebler at 570-524-5500 or you can contact Julie Kline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best Western PLUS Country Cupboard Inn
7701 Westbranch Highway
Lewisburg, PA 17837
NLAC Swimfest Hotel Information
As previously communicated, CBST reserved a block of rooms, for our families, from the preferred NLAC Swimfest hotel list. The information is listed below. At this point in time, the group rate deadline has passed. If you are still interested in staying at the hotel, please call the hotel at 814-231-1899 to determine availability. If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Jeff Deitrich at 814-278-7536 (please let him know you are with Central Bucks Swim Team) or you can contact Julie Kline at email@example.com.
Hampton Inn and Suites State College
1955 Waddle Road
State College, PA 16803
CBST Apparel & Caps
If you ordered apparel through the Kampus Klothes online sale, Julie Kline will be in touch later in the month regarding pick-up.
CBST members must wear CBST caps at meets (if they wear a cap). If you need caps please email Julie Kline at firstname.lastname@example.org . Note that Julie needs at least one week’s notice prior to when you need the cap to be at CB South for pick-up so please plan accordingly. Your cap purchase will be billed to your account. (Silicone $15 or Latex $8) At this time of year the caps available are non-personalized CBST caps. Swimmers wishing to order personalized CBST caps will be able to do so in the fall.
Billing and Payments
May bill payments are due on the 25th of the month for anyone with a balance. Recall that bills are sent via email monthly even if you don’t owe anything.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
- Please review CBST policies and procedures with your swimmers often. (Please note that the inclusion of this reminder periodically in our team communications is not an indication that an issue has arisen - we simply provide periodic reminders to prevent issues from occurring.)
- Swimmers are reminded that they should never leave their swim bags or other belongings in the locker rooms. All items should be placed in the swimmer’s bag and bags should be left on deck for the duration of practice.
- The use of cell phones and other mobile devices with recording capabilities, including voice recording, still cameras and video cameras is prohibited in locker rooms, changing areas, rest rooms or other changing areas. If your swimmer(s) uses his/her cell phone in the locker room for ANY reason (making phone calls, taking pictures, etc.) he/she risks being removed from the team. (Parents please periodically monitor you child’s social media to ensure compliance with this policy.) Also remind your children to always use social media responsibly – taking care to be kind to everyone and remembering that those other than their currently intended audience may eventually see posts.
- Parents are not allowed in the locker rooms for any reason. High school students may be using the locker rooms related to high school activities. It is important that adults (including parents) not be in the locker room for the safety of all swim program participants and other student athletes. If you prefer that your child not use the locker rooms with the other swimmers please have him/her dry off completely and meet you in the hallway outside of the pool before escorting him/her to the appropriate bathrooms located down the hall from the pool in each building.
- Videotaping of practices is prohibited.
Swimmers should enter the pool deck upon their arrival (no sooner than 10 minutes prior to the start of practice) and wait on the benches for a coach to start practice. They will be sent directly to the locker rooms after practice. Parents should always walk their swimmers into the building.
- Parents/siblings should go straight to the balcony.
- Please make sure your swimmers are dry and have shoes on when in the hallways of the schools. Please remember that behavior should mimic typical school day behavior. No running, climbing on tables, etc. Playing with balls in the building is prohibited. Siblings of team members must stay with their parents at all times and should not enter the locker rooms. No children should be running or roaming the halls at any time. Swimmers and their families are to be in the pool area (balcony or pool hallways) and should only go to the cafeteria area to use the restrooms or vending machines. Swimmers and their families are not to be in the gymnasiums at any time.
- Please review detailed and additional policies available at this link: http://cbsd.schoolwires.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=2474
Enjoy sunny weather!