IMPORTANT DATES & UPCOMING DEADLINES:
(See detailed information for each item below.)
- Long course practices start April 22nd.
- Availability deadline for PAAC Firecracker Meet is April 24th.
- Deadline to order CBST apparel from Kampus Klothes is April 25th.
Long course 2019 afternoon/evening practices begin on Monday, April 22nd. Morning practices for the senior group begin on Monday, April 29th.
Please check the calendar on the team website for the times of your swimmer's practice group. http://www.cbswimteam.org It is a good habit to check the calendar daily for any changes.
Long Course Equipment List: Please make sure that your swimmer has the equipment that they need for Long Course. If you are unsure what your swimmer needs, please see the equipment list on the team website (CBST Resources: General Team Information).
COMMUNICATIONS / MEETINGS:
Please keep you eye out for the date of our spring parents meeting.
Long Course Goals Sheet: The Goals sheet can be found at this link: http://www.cbswimteam.org/uploads/5/9/8/6/59862579/cbst_goals_sheet_2017.pdf Please have your swimmer complete the goals sheet as soon as possible and return to one of the coaches.
If you'd like to add/change an email on this distribution list please let me know via email.
As we typically get questions about advancement and other general topics at this time of year, please see the team website (CBST Resources: General Team Information) for much valuable information including Advancement Philosophy, Swimming 101, Long Course Basics, Q&A documents, etc.
In order to help our swimmers and their parents navigate the transition from age group swimming to swimming in our senior group and also the transition to high school team swimming, we have prepared a High School Information document. All families with a swimmer currently in 8th grade should read this document now. Keep in mind that swimmers progress to the senior practice group within CBST in the same manner in which advancement occurs within age group. Thus, swimmers do not automatically advance to the senior practice group upon becoming a 9th grader, but rather, will advance to the senior group when they are ready as determined by the coaches. Please see the posted document for more information. (http://www.cbswimteam.org/uploads/5/9/8/6/59862579/cb_aquatics_high_school_swimmers.pdf) Additionally, swimmers who will be entering 9th grade next fall and do not have access to or will otherwise not be participating with a high school team should set-up a family meeting during the spring with Coach Stu so that he can offer guidance regarding options and expectations with regard to your child’s continued swimming.
Also, review the important policy information at the end of this message.
PAAC Firecracker Meet
The PAAC Firecracker meet is currently uploaded in your athlete's portal with an Availability deadline of Wednesday, April 24th, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. If your swimmer(s) is interested in attending this meet, please indicate their Availability and in the Comments section write the events that your athlete(s) would like to participate in. The PAAC Firecracker meet sheet is available on the meets page of the team website. Please take note of entry limitations and which events are on which days so that the coaches are clear as to exactly which events to enter your swimmer(s) into. If you miss this deadline, there will likely not be an opportunity for our coaches to add you into the meet at a later date. Please keep in mind that times from the Firecracker meet WILL NOT be eligible to qualify for Senior Champs. If you have any questions, please contact Heather Yim at email@example.com
Our entries for the LANY Summer Storm and NLAC Swimfest were accepted by the hosts and are posted on our team website – meets page.
LANY Hotel Information
CBST has reserved a block of rooms, for our families, for the LANY meet taking place in Lancaster on May 31st to June 2nd. The information is listed below. When making your reservation at the Homewood Suites Lancaster, please call 717-381-4400 and give the group name Central Bucks Swim Team.
If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Tracey McVey or you can contact Heather Yim firstname.lastname@example.org
Reservation Deadline: April 30th, 2019
Homewood Suites Lancaster
200 Granite Run Drive
Lancaster, PA 17601
Room - King Studio/King Suite - $155/night includes Breakfast
Cancellation Policy - To avoid cancellation fee, cancel no later than 72 hours prior to arrival date by 3pm.
NLAC Swimfest Hotel Information
CBST has reserved a block of rooms, for our families, for the NLAC Swimfest taking place in State College on June 21st to June 23rd. The information is listed below. When making your reservation at the Hampton Inn & Suites State College, please call 814-231-1899 and give the group code CBS (Central Bucks Swim Team)
If you have any questions, our contact at the hotel is Jeff Deitrich at 814-278-7536 or you can contact Heather Yim email@example.com
Reservation Deadline: May 21st, 2019
Hampton Inn and Suites State College
1955 Waddle Road
State College, PA 16803
Room - Double - $124/night includes breakfast
Cancellation Policy - To avoid a cancellation fee, cancel no later than 48 hours prior to arrival date.
- Coaches will do entries for meets CBST is attending as a team and families should not contact the meet directors for any reason. This causes the potential for problems with entries for your swimmers and other swimmers on our team, and often damages our team’s relationship with the meet host, jeopardizing our future ability to get into their meets.
- Please see the seed times document available on the team website, meets page. This is important for all swimmers, especially swimmers new to CBST who have swum with another USAS team. Please be sure to read it in full as your action may be needed.
- CBST coaches/staff cannot do entries or contact meet directors for any meet CBST is not attending as a team. If you would like to register for a meet CBST is not attending as a team please follow the directions in the related meet information which will generally be to use TM Lite.
- If you are registering your swimmer for a meet using TM Lite, remember that USA Swimming requires all swimmers to be registered with their full legal name and, thus, that is how CBST has registered them per the information you provided during registration with the team. This means first name, middle initial, last name per birth certificate or subsequent legal name change document. Be sure to include this correct and complete information when entering any meets on your own. (Specifically, when adding your athlete in TM Lite include first name, middle initial, last name, birth date, sex, and then click "build ID.") If you do not, you will have to deal with issues (either on the front end during the registration process or on the back end with getting the times).
CBST LONG COURSE APPAREL SALE AND SWIM CAP INFORMATION:
CBST is holding a Long Course Apparel sale via Kampus Klothes. Please follow the link below if you are interested in purchasing apparel during this sale. The sale will be open through Thursday, April 25, 2019 and it will be the only opportunity to purchase CBST apparel through this vendor for the Long Course season. Payment for apparel items will be handled directly through the Kampus Klothes website and delivery information for apparel items will be communicated at a later date.
CBST swimmers are required to wear a CBST cap at all USAS meets. We have latex, silicone, and dome caps available with details as follow:
- Lime green latex cap $8
- Lime green silicone cap $15
- Black Arena dome cap $27
To purchase a cap, please email me at least one week prior to when you need the cap to be available in your swimmer’s folder at CB South for you to pick-up. Caps purchases will be billed to your swimmer’s account.
A note about dome caps: A dome cap is most commonly worn by more experienced swimmers during championship meets. These caps should NOT be used on a daily basis during practice. Although coaches require our swimmer's to wear CBST caps during the swim meets that they attend, dome caps are NOT required. Silicone or latex CBST caps are more appropriate for most of our swimmers. If you are unsure if an Arena dome cap is appropriate for your swimmer, please have your swimmer ask a coach.
April bills have been emailed. Remember to get payments in by the 25th to avoid interruption to your swimmer’s participation and late fees.
Please recall that CBST bills are emailed during the first week of each month and the 25th is the due date for your bill – please remit payment so that it will be received by that date.
- Late fees apply to payments received after the deadline.
- Billing information is not available through the portal and bills can only be sent to one email address. (If you want to change your billing email please let me know.)
- Billing guidance is available at this link: http://www.cbswimteam.org/uploads/5/9/8/6/59862579/cbst_billing_basics_2017.pdf. If you have questions about your bill after reviewing it and reading the attached guidance, or do not receive your bill through email during the first week of any month, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment must be by check (or money order) payable to CBCS.
- If you are using a bill pay service be sure to note Attn> CB Aquatics in the address.
- Payments may be dropped in the box at CB South (during practice hours) or mailed/hand delivered to the Community School Office at the address below. The drop box at CB South is inside a school building so is not accessible during school hours (you should only access this box during our practice times). If you need to drop off a payment at the Community School office when the office is closed, please seal your payment tightly in a plastic bag and place it in one of the drop boxes attached to the outside of that building.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Please review CBST policies and procedures with your swimmers often. (Please note that the inclusion of this reminder periodically in our team communications is not an indication that an issue has arisen - we simply provide periodic reminders to prevent issues from occurring.)
- The doors close to the pool at CB South will generally be open and may be used to enter/exit the building. If they are not open, please enter through the main Gymnasium doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please enter the pool hallway off Anderson Road to access the CB East pool at all times. Do not use the front doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please do not park your car (whether you’re in it or not) anywhere other than designated parking spaces. This is particularly an issue at CB South at the diving well door where people sometimes park along the curb behind the parked cars – please avoid fender benders by NOT parking in that area.
- Swimmers should enter the pool deck upon their arrival and wait on the benches for a coach to start practice. On some occasions it may be communicated (directly at a previous practice or via email) that swimmers should wait in the hallway until told to enter the pool deck by a coach. In these instances, please do not allow your swimmer to enter the pool area until the coach has asked them to do so. They will be sent directly to the locker rooms after practice. Parents should always walk their swimmers into the building.
- Please remember: Swimmers should be dropped off no earlier than 10 minutes prior to their scheduled practice time and should be picked-up promptly at the conclusion of practice. Everyone should be out of the building by 15 minutes after the conclusion of practice. Please remind your swimmers to move through the locker room quickly (again spending no more than 10-15 minutes to get changed after practice) and be sure that you are there promptly to pick them up. Also be sure your swimmers know to wait inside for you in the event that you are not there when they exit the locker room. If a swimmer has not been picked-up within a reasonable amount of time after the conclusion of practice, police will be called to keep the child safe while waiting to be picked-up.
- Parents/siblings should go straight to the balcony. Please do not go on deck to speak with the coaches. If you have a question for the coaching staff, please email the head coach for your child (senior or age group). (Emails available on team website.) If you have any concerns please email me immediately.
- All swimmers should follow their appropriate practice schedule. In other words, CBST-SAL only swimmers may NOT attend CBST-USAS practices. CBST-USAS swimmers may ONLY ATTEND CBST-USAS practices even if they are also registered with CBST-SAL. (Applicable for short course only.)
- Please use your discretion and consider the health and safety of your swimmer and others when deciding whether to send you swimmer to practice when experiencing any medical condition or other situation in which it might be best not to practice. CBST coaches will use their best judgement and if they feel there is a health concern/safety hazard they will restrict swimmers from entering the pool to safeguard themselves and/or the other members of the team.
- In some circumstances, a doctor’s note is required after an injury, illness, or new medical diagnosis prior to a swimmer returning to swim practice with CBST. Please see the related policy on the team website (resources page) and if you are not sure whether your swimmer’s medical condition requires a doctor’s note to resume participation please ask CB Aquatics administrative staff prior to having your athlete return to practice.
- The use of cell phones and other mobile devices with recording capabilities, including voice recording, still cameras and video cameras is prohibited in locker rooms, changing areas, rest rooms or other changing areas. If a swimmer(s) uses a cell phone in the locker room for ANY reason (making phone calls, taking pictures, etc.) the swimmer risks being removed from the team. (Parents please periodically monitor you child’s social media to ensure compliance with this policy.) Also remind your children to always use social media responsibly – taking care to be kind to everyone and remembering that those other than their currently intended audience may eventually see posts.
- Parents are not allowed in the locker rooms for any reason. High school students may be using the locker rooms related to high school activities. It is important that adults (including parents) not be in the locker room for the safety of all swim program participants and other student athletes. Coaches will be sweeping the locker rooms before, in between, and after practices. Nothing should be left in the locker rooms. Athletes should place all belongings into their bags, zip the bag fully shut, and bring it out onto deck and leave it there for the duration of practice. Please speak with your swimmers/divers about appropriate locker room behavior:
- No horseplay or physical contact should occur.
- Lockers are not to be used at any time as they lock and you will not be able to retrieve any items placed into them.
- Speak at a reasonable volume and speak respectfully to everyone.
- Do not touch anyone else or anyone else’s possessions.
- Move with care (remember swimmers and the floor are wet).
- Locker room time should be short (10-15 minutes at the most) - kids may need to be reminded often to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Get a coach if anything inappropriate is occurring, even if they are not involved – tell them they should help stop issues before they escalate, rather than waiting for problems to happen and seeing our friends unhappy based on the consequences.
- Remind your participants often of these behavior expectations which are required at all times – on the deck and in the locker rooms.
- If you prefer that your child not use the locker rooms with the other swimmers please have him/her dry off completely and meet you in the hallway outside of the pool before escorting your swimmer to the appropriate bathrooms located down the hall from the pool in each building.
- Parents should not coach their children from the balcony (or otherwise). We are in one of the few youth sports that provides professional coaching – please trust that the coaches are competent and leave the coaching to them. If your child looks to you for approval/attention/anything during practices, it is likely to cause them to miss important instructional information and/or disrupt the practice for themselves, other participants, and coaches. If this is an issue for your swimmer please do not remain in the balcony during practices.
- Videotaping of practices is prohibited.
- Please make sure your swimmers are dry and have shoes on when in the hallways of the schools. Please remember that behavior should mimic typical school day behavior. No running, climbing on tables, etc. Playing with balls in the building is prohibited. Siblings of team members must stay with their parents at all times and should not enter the locker rooms. No children should be running or roaming the halls at any time. Swimmers and their families are to be in the pool area (balcony or pool hallways) and should only go to the cafeteria area to use the restrooms or vending machines. Swimmers and their families are not to be in the gymnasiums at any time.
- The use of tobacco, alcohol, and all types of illegal drugs, and/or stealing is strictly forbidden by any person in attendance at any CBST function (in or on district property) and by team members at all times.
- Please review detailed and additional policies available at this link: http://cbsd.schoolwires.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=2474 and also accessible through your team website.
- Participants and families are responsible to be aware of and observe all policies and procedures contained in the team handbook (available on team website), posted on the websites (CBSD and team), and communicated via email or other methods.