Updates and reminders for this week:
LONG COURSE 2018:
Communications about long course will be sent to all current team members following this message. You will either be sent a message stating that your swimmer is already registered for long course or one stating that you need to register your swimmer for long course if s/he wants to participate.
If you need to register, the deadline to contact me at email@example.com is January 21st (earlier, as always, is better so that you’ll have time to comfortably handle the requirements by the registration deadline).
Currently we plan that the long course practice schedule will be the same/similar schedule as last year (times and locations). Note that due to possible maintenance work that may need to be done at the CB South pool, practices may be held at CB East during the month of July. It is anticipated that the same long course facilities will be used as last year. To see last year's schedule, look at the team calendar for last long course (April-July 2017).
- Remember: Please check the calendar for your swimmer’s practice information each day. Due to meet attendance, holidays, and the high school team schedules, this month there are several days with unusual practice details/cancellations – please check the calendar daily so that you don’t inconvenience yourself.
- Swimmers not registered for the Flash group may not practice at Cornerstone under any circumstances.
- See detailed NCAP message sent Monday. Review this information BEFORE you leave home to travel to Maryland.
- Meets with prelims and finals: CBST swimmers who swim in prelims and qualify for finals at a prelims/finals meets are expected to stay for finals.
- For championship meets (such as NCAP, Silver Champs, etc.) – CBST swimmers who qualify for finals must swim in finals.
- For non-championship meets (such as last weekend’s meet) – CBST swimmers who qualify for finals are expected to swim in finals, however, if a swimmer is unable to stay for finals, email Stu Kukla at firstname.lastname@example.org AND Julie Kline at email@example.com ahead of time. If you determine on meet day that you cannot stay for finals, you must tell the CBST coach on deck no later than the beginning of PRELIM warm-ups.
- Refer to the meet information sheet for each meet you are attending to find out if there are prelims/finals.
- Individuals not swimming in a meet (including parents and other family members of swimmers) may not be on deck during a meet (home or away) except when working as an on-deck volunteer at their assigned time. When on deck working, officials and other volunteers should be in the spot where they need to be to do their job (which is never the CBST team area).
- Scratching From Meets: If your swimmer’s plans change and s/he is unable to attend a meet that s/he is entered in, please email Julie Kline at firstname.lastname@example.org and Coach Stu at email@example.com as soon as possible. Barring an emergency, swimmers will not be scratched from events the day of the meet (if a swimmer wishes to scratch they must do so prior to the day of the meet). Unfortunately, sometimes emergency situations do arise in which a swimmer has to scratch the meet on the day-of. In such cases, please make sure you email both Julie Kline and Coach Stu to ensure that the coaching staff attending the meet is notified. It is difficult for both the meet director and our coaches to manage when they are unaware that a registered swimmer will not be in attendance.
- Please note that the Middle Atlantic Swimming technical suit policy for 10 and under swimmers takes effect on January 1, 2018. See the attached document from MA Swimming for the policy and other details.
COMMUNICATIONS AND BILLING:
Age group coach contact: Now that Coach Paul has moved on to his new team, the one appropriate contact for any age group coaching questions is Matt Scanlan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please help ensure a smooth transition by following this procedure.
December bills were emailed on Monday. Please make payment as soon as possible (so it doesn’t get overlooked at this very busy time of year) and no later than the 25th. Billing guidance is attached. If you have any questions about your bill after reading the guidance or if you have not received your bill (check junk/spam folder and your email settings first), please contact Jen Steinberg at email@example.com. Recall that payments may be dropped in the box at CB South (during practice hours) or mailed/hand delivered to the Community School Office at the address below. The drop box at CB South is inside a school building so is not accessible during school hours (you should only access this box during our practice times). If you need to drop off a payment at the Community School office when the office is closed, please seal your payment tightly in a plastic bag and place it in one of the drop boxes attached to the outside of that building.
Have any pictures taken at CBST events that you would like to share? Please email them to Julie Kline at firstname.lastname@example.org for possible posting on the CBST team website and/or CB Aquatics social media.
Good luck to all swimmers in CBST and SAL meets this weekend!