NEW SCHEDULE BEGINS TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4. Please check the calendar on the website for practice times and locations. Please be aware that often times there are last minute changes. Continue to refer to the calendar on a daily basis for the most updated schedule.
Once SAL teams (CBAC and SWAC) are in the water (starting on 10/4), please remember that all CBST swimmers are expected to practice only with CBST even if they are also registered with CBAC or SWAC. This is the only way we can accommodate all of the swimmers on each team. We appreciate your cooperation with this policy.
· Remember that there will not be age group practice on 9/30 (tomorrow) due to a home football game.
· There will be practice on October 3rd and 12th though CB schools are closed. Please note that if practice attendance on those days interferes your holiday observance it is fine to miss practice.
· We have an unusual week of practice coming up – with the start of the SAL season, age group will typically be practicing at CB East on Tuesdays and Thursdays (Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat remains at CB South). Check the calendar for details and note the following items about this week (be sure to check the calendar for details daily this coming week especially):
o Practice October 3rd per above
o Practice October 4th – age group at East
o NO age group practice October 5th (building conflict – district financial aid night)
· No age group practice on October 21st (football game) or October 31st (Halloween).
· Starting the week of October 10th the coaches are planning to add dry-land to practice at CB East for the Advanced and Next Generation practice groups. Coaches will be talking to the swimmers about this next week and details will be emailed next week as well.
CBST coaches require all CBST swimmers to wear a CBST cap (personalized or non-personalized) during any USA Swimming meet that they are attending. If you did not have the opportunity to purchase a personalized swim cap or just want to make sure that you swimmer is ready for the fall season, please email Julie Kline at email@example.com and she will provide you with cap purchasing information.
The full meet schedule for Short Course 2016-17 will be communicated next week.
The Delaware Swim Team - First State Cup meet was moved from November 11-12, 2016 to November 5-6, 2016. Because of this date change, the coaches have decided that CBST will not attend this meet. If we did attend, it would require some of our swimmers to attend our own CBST meet and the following weekend attend the First State Cup. The coaches do not feel that attending two meets on back-to-back weekends would be beneficial for our swimmers. Coach Stu has spoken to the Senior Group at length about this change and its impact on the fall meet schedule.
It is hard to believe that the CBST Autumn Festival is only a few weeks away! Below is the link for Officials to sign-up to volunteer for our meet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Thank you in advance for all your help...our meet couldn't run smoothly without you!
Watch for information regarding volunteering at the meet for non-officials to be emailed in the near future.
COMMUNICATIONS / MEETINGS AND BILLING:
October bills will be emailed next week. Billing guidance is attached. Please remit payment for your bill upon receipt and be sure that we receive it no later than the 25th of the month. If you have questions about your bill after reviewing it and the attached guidance, please let me know. Also let me know if you do not receive a bill for each of your participating swimmers by the end of next week.
Parent meeting notes are attached.
Have a wonderful day!