Updates and reminders are below.
If your swimmer is missing a pair of prescription goggles please let me know – a pair has been found at CB South.
In an effort to continuously improve the program Roberta Lichter (CB Aquatics Manager) had a follow-up discussion (to the discussion last winter) with our Advanced and Next Generation swimmers last week. It was a good discussion and we all appreciate the swimmers’ openness and input.
Apparel and caps:
- The Kampus Klothes apparel order is in and will be distributed at the meet this weekend. Please stop by the apparel table (next to volunteer check-in) during the meet. If your ordered items and will not be at the meet, a separate communication will be sent next week regarding pick-up time/location.
- The team suits, caps, and warm-ups are not in. Watch for emailed information when those are ready for distribution.
- For this weekend:
- Suits: Swimmers who do not have a CBST team suit from prior seasons should use another racing suit for the meet.
- Swimmers who do not have a CBST cap and did not order personalized caps should ask at the apparel table where to get a cap (cost will be charged to your account – Silicone $15 or Latex $8).
- Swimmers who did order personalized caps but wish to purchase an additional non-personalized cap may also inquire at the apparel table.
- Swimmers who ordered personalized caps and do not wish to purchase an additional non-personalized cap are exempt from the CBST cap requirement for this meet.
- Apparel: Swimmers as always should wear their CBST apparel to the meet:
- We expect that most swimmers will have apparel from prior seasons and/or will have items ordered through this season’s Kampus Klothes order.
- CBST-USAS swimmers new to the team (or anyone who did not receive a CBST t-shirt either through CBST-USAS or their Central Bucks SAL team last year) should stop by the apparel table where they will receive a complimentary t-shirt.
- A limited amount of additional CBST apparel will be on hand for sale at the apparel table.
Meet Availability is currently in the portal for the following meet:
NCAP Invitational (December 6-9, 2018)
Please indicate your swimmer's Availability for this meet in the portal no later than Monday, October 29, 2018 at 11:59 pm. Keep in mind that this is a time qualifying meet. If you have any questions about this meet, including the qualifying times, the link to the meet sheet can be found on our website under the "Meets" tab. Consistent with the previous meets this fall, when indicating Availability, please be sure to utilize the "Comments" section for events that you prefer your swimmer to be entered into or any information that is important for the coaches to know as they are selecting events for your swimmer because you will not have the opportunity to review the entries before they are final.
NCAP Hotel Information:
The NCAP meet host has provided a few hotel room blocks for those attending their meet. Please see the attached document for the list of hotels including pricing details and reservation instructions. We have been informed by the meet host that there will be no parking available onsite at the University of Maryland for swim meet participants. Shuttle service to the pool has been arranged with the hotels on the preferred list. Please see the attached document for the Group Name to reference at the time of booking.
The CBST coaches have chosen to stay at one of the preferred NCAP hotels listed below.
The Marriott Inn & Conference Center, UMD
3501 University Boulevard E
Hyattsville, MD 20783
If you have any questions regarding the above hotel information, please contact Heather Yim at email@example.com
Entries for the CBST October meet (and other meets per prior communications) are on the CBST-USAS website – meets page. Recall that entries will NOT be updated in the portal.
If your swimmer’s plans change and s/he is unable to attend a meet that s/he is entered in, please email Heather Yim at firstname.lastname@example.org and Coach Stu at email@example.com as soon as possible. Barring an emergency, swimmers will not be scratched from events the day of the meet (if a swimmer wishes to scratch they must do so prior to the day of the meet). Unfortunately, sometimes emergency situations do arise in which a swimmer has to scratch the meet on the day-of. In such cases, please make sure you email both Heather Yim and Coach Stu to ensure that the coaching staff attending the meet is notified. It is difficult for both the meet director and our coaches to manage when they are unaware that a registered swimmer will not be in attendance.
Individuals not swimming in a meet (including parents and other family members of swimmers) may not be on deck during a meet (home or away) except when working as an on-deck volunteer at their assigned time. When on deck working, officials and other volunteers should be in the spot where they need to be to do their job (which is never the CBST team area). Recall that parents are not permitted to be in the locker rooms.
Additional information about our hosted meet will be emailed tomorrow.
- Thank you in advance for all your help at our meet coming up this weekend. Our meet couldn't run smoothly without you!
- Remember to arrive on time (7 a.m for your morning slots and 12 p.m. for your afternoon slots).
Please get your October bill payment in now – it’s due by Thursday, October 25th.
Senior Flash Swimmers – Those participating in this practice group during the high school season will receive an email about that group next week.
Note these upcoming dates on which there is no age group practice:
- Friday, October 26 (home football game)
- Wednesday, October 31 (Halloween)