Please check with your swimmer and in his/her bag as a pair of shoes (size 8.5 Adidas NMD_R1 Primeknit) went missing during age group practice at CB East on Tuesday. If the shoes are found please return them to Coach Chris or Coach Matt. Please remind your swimmers that their swim bags must be left on the deck (not in the locker rooms) and that all of their belongings should be zipped into their bag.
Friday, October 5 – Flyers ticket order deadline (see information below and note, with no practice for AG on this day please plan to get it in TODAY)
Please check the calendar on the website daily for practice times and locations. Please be aware that sometimes there are last minute changes.
Please remember that all CBST-USAS swimmers are expected to practice only with CBST-USAS even if they are also registered with CBST-SAL. This is the only way we can accommodate all of the swimmers on each team and comply with insurance requirements. We appreciate your cooperation with this necessary policy.
Please see attached information regarding a team outing to a Flyers game on November 8th. The deadline to get your form and payment to Coach Matt is October 5th. Please check out the information now so you don’t miss out on this fun event!
Note these upcoming dates on which there is no age group practice:
- Friday, October 5 (home football game)
- Friday, October 12 (home football game)
- Friday, October 26 (home football game)
- Wednesday, October 31 (Halloween)
COMMUNICATIONS / MEETINGS AND BILLING:
Age group nutrition meeting: Please be sure to attend this meeting which will be led by Kelly Jones MS, RD, CSSD, LDN - Registered Dietitian & Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics. Kelly provides CBST-USAS athletes with sports nutrition information and best dietary practices for optimal performance. Please visit www.kellyjonesnutrition.com/ before the meeting.
- Wednesday, October 10th – age group nutrition meeting in room D205 (classroom near pool) (for age group swimmers and parents). Swimmers and parents 5:30-6:15 p.m. then swimmers will go to pool for abbreviated practice and meeting will continue for parents until 7 p.m.
Please review CBST policies and procedures with your swimmers often. (Please note that the inclusion of this reminder periodically in our team communications is not an indication that an issue has arisen - we simply provide periodic reminders to prevent issues from occurring.)
- The doors close to the pool at CB South will generally be open and may be used to enter/exit the building. If they are not open, please enter through the main Gymnasium doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please enter the pool hallway off Anderson Road to access the CB East pool at all times. Do not use the front doors.
- Please do not park your car (whether you’re in it or not) anywhere other than designated parking spaces. This is particularly an issue at CB South at the diving well door where people sometimes park along the curb behind the parked cars – please avoid fender benders by NOT parking in that area.
- Swimmers should enter the pool deck upon their arrival (no sooner than 10 minutes prior to the start of practice) and wait on the benches for a coach to start practice. They will be sent directly to the locker rooms after practice. Parents should always walk their swimmers into the building.
- Parents/siblings should go straight to the balcony. Please do not go on deck to speak with the coaches. If you have a question for the coaching staff, please email the head coach for your child (senior or age group). (Emails available on team website.) If you have any concerns please email me immediately.
- Please use your discretion and consider the health and safety of your swimmer and others when deciding whether to send you swimmer to practice if s/he is experiencing any medical condition or other situation in which it might be best not to practice. CBST coaches will use their best judgement and if they feel there is a health concern/safety hazard they will restrict swimmers from entering the pool to safeguard themselves and/or the other members of the team.
- The use of cell phones and other mobile devices with recording capabilities, including voice recording, still cameras and video cameras is prohibited in locker rooms, changing areas, rest rooms or other changing areas. If your swimmer(s) uses his/her cell phone in the locker room for ANY reason (making phone calls, taking pictures, etc.) he/she risks being removed from the team. (Parents please periodically monitor you child’s social media to ensure compliance with this policy.) Also remind your children to always use social media responsibly – taking care to be kind to everyone and remembering that those other than their currently intended audience may eventually see posts.
- Parents are not allowed in the locker rooms for any reason. High school students may be using the locker rooms related to high school activities. It is important that adults (including parents) not be in the locker room for the safety of all swim program participants and other student athletes. Coaches will be sweeping the locker rooms before, in between, and after practices. Nothing should be left in the locker rooms. Athletes should place all belongings into their bags, zip the bag fully shut, and bring it out onto deck and leave it there for the duration of practice. Please speak with your swimmers/divers about appropriate locker room behavior:
- No horseplay or physical contact should occur.
- Lockers are not to be used at any time as they lock and you will not be able to retrieve any items placed into them.
- Speak at a reasonable volume and speak respectfully to everyone.
- Do not touch anyone else or anyone else’s possessions.
- Move with care (remember swimmers and the floor are wet).
- Locker room time should be short (10-15 minutes at the most) - kids may need to be reminded often to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Get a coach if anything inappropriate is occurring, even if they are not involved – tell them they should help stop issues before they escalate, rather than waiting for problems to happen and seeing our friends unhappy based on the consequences.
- Remind your participants often of these behavior expectations which are required at all times – on the deck and in the locker rooms.
- If you prefer that your child not use the locker rooms with the other swimmers please have him/her dry off completely and meet you in the hallway outside of the pool before escorting him/her to the appropriate bathrooms located down the hall from the pool in each building.
- Parents should not coach their children from the balcony (or otherwise). We are in one of the few youth sports that provides professional coaching – please trust that the coaches are competent and leave the coaching to them. If your child looks to you for approval/attention/anything during practices, it is likely to cause them to miss important instructional information and/or disrupt the practice for themselves, other participants, and coaches. If this is an issue for your swimmer please do not remain in the balcony during practices.
- Videotaping of practices is prohibited.
- Please make sure your swimmers are dry and have shoes on when in the hallways of the schools. Please remember that behavior should mimic typical school day behavior. No running, climbing on tables, etc. Playing with balls in the building is prohibited. Siblings of team members must stay with their parents at all times and should not enter the locker rooms. No children should be running or roaming the halls at any time. Swimmers and their families are to be in the pool area (balcony or pool hallways) and should only go to the cafeteria area to use the restrooms or vending machines. Swimmers and their families are not to be in the gymnasiums at any time.
Please review detailed and additional policies available at this link: http://cbsd.schoolwires.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=2474