Updates and reminders are below:
- NEW SCHEDULE BEGINS MONDAY, OCTOBER 7. Please check the calendar on the website for practice times and locations. Please be aware that often times there are last minute changes. Continue to refer to the calendar on a daily basis for the most updated schedule.
- Once the SAL team is in the water (starting on 10/7/2019), please remember that all CBST-USAS swimmers are expected to practice only with CBST-USAS even if they are also registered with CBST-SAL. This is the only way we can accommodate all of the swimmers on each team and comply with insurance requirements. We appreciate your cooperation with this necessary policy.
- Please note that if your observance of Rosh Hashannah and/or Yom Kippur interferes with practice attendance it is fine to miss practice.
- Senior group yoga dates for October are the 12th and the 19th. Our yoga instructor Laura provided the information below about yoga mats she recommends for those of you who asked:
- Gaiam reversible yoga mats, 6mm $24-30 https://smile.amazon.com/Gaiam-Premium-Reversible-Exercise-Exercises/dp/B01GORFTZ8/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3PW4YKTGDU5GQ&keywords=gaiam+yoga+mat&qid=1568746246&s=gateway&sprefix=gaiam%2Caps%2C133&sr=8-5
- Gaiam yoga mats, 6mm $20-30 https://smile.amazon.com/Gaiam-Premium-Exercise-Exercises-Marrakesh/dp/B00E8AJDFQ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3PW4YKTGDU5GQ&keywords=gaiam+yoga+mat&qid=1568746246&s=gateway&sprefix=gaiam%2Caps%2C133&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRUkwM1FBTEY1WVZQJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjU2NzY3MUpZOUc5UUtUVTFaTiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNTk0NTYxN1A1TUpVRzBYWFUyJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
- Hugger Mugger Nature Collection Yoga Mats $47 https://smile.amazon.com/Hugger-Mugger-Nature-Collection-Mountain/dp/B00KE23JPM?ref_=ast_bbp_dp
- Friday, October 18 (home football game)
- Thursday, October 31 (Happy Halloween)
Entries for the following meets are posted on the meets page of the team website: CBST, Upper Dublin, EMAC, GRA, GAAC.
COMMUNICATIONS / MEETINGS AND BILLING:
October bills will be emailed soon.
Age group families, please plan to attend our upcoming age group nutrition meeting. This meeting will be led by Kelly Jones MS, RD, CSSD, LDN - Registered Dietitian & Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics. Kelly provides CBST-USAS athletes with sports nutrition information and best dietary practices for optimal performance. Please visit www.kellyjonesnutrition.com/ before the meeting.
- Monday, October 7th – age group nutrition meeting in room D205 (classroom near pool) (for age group swimmers and parents). Swimmers and parents 5:30-6:15 p.m. then swimmers will go to pool for abbreviated practice and meeting will continue for parents until 7 p.m.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Please review CBST policies and procedures with your swimmers often. (Please note that the inclusion of this reminder periodically in our team communications is not an indication that an issue has arisen - we simply provide periodic reminders to prevent issues from occurring.)
- The doors close to the pool at CB South will generally be open and may be used to enter/exit the building. If they are not open, please enter through the main Gymnasium doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please enter the pool hallway off Anderson Road to access the CB East pool at all times. Do not use the front doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please do not park your car (whether you’re in it or not) anywhere other than designated parking spaces. This is particularly an issue at CB South at the diving well door where people sometimes park along the curb behind the parked cars – please avoid fender benders by NOT parking in that area.
- Swimmers should enter the pool deck upon their arrival and wait on the benches for a coach to start practice. On some occasions it may be communicated (directly at a previous practice or via email) that swimmers should wait in the hallway until told to enter the pool deck by a coach. In these instances, please do not allow your swimmer to enter the pool area until the coach has asked them to do so. They will be sent directly to the locker rooms after practice. Parents should always walk their swimmers into the building.
- Please remember: Swimmers should be dropped off no earlier than 10 minutes prior to their scheduled practice time and should be picked-up promptly at the conclusion of practice. Everyone should be out of the building by 15 minutes after the conclusion of practice. Please remind your swimmers to move through the locker room quickly (again spending no more than 10-15 minutes to get changed after practice) and be sure that you are there promptly to pick them up. Also be sure your swimmers know to wait inside for you in the event that you are not there when they exit the locker room. If a swimmer has not been picked-up within a reasonable amount of time after the conclusion of practice, police will be called to keep the child safe while waiting to be picked-up.
- Parents/siblings should go straight to the balcony. Please do not go on deck to speak with the coaches. If you have a question for the coaching staff, please email the head coach for your child (senior or age group). (Emails available on team website.) If you have any concerns please email Roberta Lichter, Aquatics Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- NEW: Balcony access at CB South must be made via the door at the blocks end of the pool. The balcony doors (upstairs and downstairs) at the diving well end of the pool are not to be opened or propped at any time.
- All swimmers should follow their appropriate practice schedule. In other words, CBST-SAL only swimmers may NOT attend CBST-USAS practices. CBST-USAS swimmers may ONLY ATTEND CBST-USAS practices even if they are also registered with CBST-SAL. (Applicable for short course only.)
- Please use your discretion and consider the health and safety of your swimmer and others when deciding whether to send you swimmer to practice when experiencing any medical condition or other situation in which it might be best not to practice. CBST coaches will use their best judgement and if they feel there is a health concern/safety hazard they will restrict swimmers from entering the pool to safeguard themselves and/or the other members of the team.
- In some circumstances, a doctor’s note is required after an injury, illness, or new medical diagnosis prior to a swimmer returning to swim practice with CBST. Please see the related policy on the team website (resources page) and if you are not sure whether your swimmer’s medical condition requires a doctor’s note to resume participation please ask CB Aquatics administrative staff prior to having your athlete return to practice.
- The use of cell phones and other mobile devices with recording capabilities, including voice recording, still cameras and video cameras is prohibited in locker rooms, changing areas, rest rooms or other changing areas. If a swimmer uses a cell phone in the locker room for ANY reason (making phone calls, taking pictures, etc.) the swimmer risks being removed from the team. (Parents please periodically monitor you child’s social media to ensure compliance with this policy.) Also remind your children to always use social media responsibly – taking care to be kind to everyone and remembering that those other than their currently intended audience may eventually see posts.
- Parents are not allowed in the locker rooms for any reason. High school students may be using the locker rooms related to high school activities. It is important that adults (including parents) not be in the locker room for the safety of all swim program participants and other student athletes. Coaches will be sweeping the locker rooms before, in between, and after practices. Nothing should be left in the locker rooms. Athletes should place all belongings into their bags, zip the bag fully shut, and bring it out onto deck and leave it there for the duration of practice. Please speak with your swimmers/divers about appropriate locker room behavior:
- No horseplay or physical contact should occur.
- Lockers are not to be used at any time as they lock and you will not be able to retrieve any items placed into them.
- Speak at a reasonable volume and speak respectfully to everyone.
- Do not touch anyone else or anyone else’s possessions.
- Move with care (remember swimmers and the floor are wet).
- Locker room time should be short (10-15 minutes at the most) - kids may need to be reminded often to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Get a coach if anything inappropriate is occurring, even if they are not involved – tell them they should help stop issues before they escalate, rather than waiting for problems to happen and seeing our friends unhappy based on the consequences.
- Remind your participants often of these behavior expectations which are required at all times – on the deck and in the locker rooms.
- If you prefer that your child not use the locker rooms with the other swimmers please have him/her dry off completely and meet you in the hallway outside of the pool before escorting your swimmer to the appropriate bathrooms located down the hall from the pool in each building.
- For those who would like added privacy, individual changing spaces are available in the locker rooms at CB South and CB East high school pools.
- Parents should not coach their children from the balcony (or otherwise). We are in one of the few youth sports that provides professional coaching – please trust that the coaches are competent and leave the coaching to them. If your child looks to you for approval/attention/anything during practices, it is likely to cause them to miss important instructional information and/or disrupt the practice for themselves, other participants, and coaches. If this is an issue for your swimmer please do not remain in the balcony during practices.
- Videotaping and still photography of practices and evaluations is prohibited.
- Please make sure your swimmers are dry and have shoes on when in the hallways of the schools. Please remember that behavior should mimic typical school day behavior. No running, climbing on tables, etc. Playing with balls in the building is prohibited. Siblings of team members must stay with their parents at all times and should not enter the locker rooms. No children should be running or roaming the halls at any time. Swimmers and their families are to be in the pool area (balcony or pool hallways) and should only go to the cafeteria area to use the restrooms or vending machines. Swimmers and their families are not to be in the gymnasiums at any time.
- The use of tobacco, alcohol, and all types of illegal drugs, and/or stealing is strictly forbidden by any person in attendance at any CBST function (in or on district property) and by team members at all times.
- Please review detailed and additional policies available at this link: http://cbsd.schoolwires.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=2474 and also accessible through your team website.
- Participants and families are responsible to be aware of and observe all policies and procedures contained in the team handbook (available on team website), posted on the websites (CBSD and team), and communicated via email or other methods. While all parents and athletes must review and agree to this information during the portal registration process, please also be sure to periodically review information on the team site Resources => General Information page (team handbook, USA Swimming rulebook, etc.) and the Resources => CB Aquatics Policies page (policies, Safe Sport information, concussion information). Please take special note of the following posted policies and information:
- CB Aquatics Action Plan to Address Bullying
- CB Aquatics Communications Policy
- CB Aquatics Locker Room Monitoring Policy
- CB Aquatics Photography Policy
- CB Aquatics Safe Sport Information (including Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy information), Safe Sport trainings
- CBST Travel Policy
- Concussion information sheet and trainings
- CB Aquatics strives to create a safe environment in which our participants may participate in swimming activities. Please check in with your swimmers often regarding how practice and team participation in general are going and contact Roberta Lichter, Aquatics Manager (email@example.com) right away with any issues or other observations. Concerns will be addressed within a reasonable timeframe. Confidentiality will be maintained to the extent practicable given the obligation of CB Aquatics to investigate and address the matter. See information about Safe Sport on the team website.
- Also be sure to review the information about concussions on the team website. While it is required that all athletes and parents review and sign-off on the concussion information sheet as part of the portal registration process, it is recommended that everyone also complete one of the posted training courses, and also review the sheet periodically.