DATES & DEADLINES (details below and/or previously emailed):
- Some practice times changed: 11/18 (see calendar daily for details)
- Entry availability deadline for CBST Spring Fever: 11/19 TODAY
- November bill payments due 11/25
- Entry availability deadline for UDAC Closed Invite: 1/6
- Team outing to Flyers game (for those who purchased tickets): 1/16
NCAP Hotel Information:
The NCAP meet host has provided a few hotel room blocks for those attending their meet. Please see the hotel document on the meets tab of the team website for the list of hotels including pricing details and reservation instructions.
Our coaches have chosen to stay at one of the preferred NCAP hotels listed below.
The Marriott Inn & Conference Center, UMD
3501 University Boulevard E
Hyattsville, MD 20783
Meet Availability is currently in the portal for the following meets:
CBST Spring Fever (February 8-9, 2020)
Please indicate your swimmer's availability for this meet in the portal no later than Tuesday, November 19th at 11:59pm. Meet information can be found on the team website under the meets tab.
UDAC Closed Invite (February 22-23, 2020)
Please indicate your swimmer's availability in the portal no later than Monday, January 6th at 11:59pm. Meet information can be found on the team website under the meets tab.
- Senior Flash Swimmers – Cornerstone practices begin Wednesday. Please remember – no hair ties with metal are allowed in or around the pool (on deck). Also remember to bring your equipment bags.
- As of Monday, November 18, some practice times changed due to the beginning of the high school swim season. Please check the calendar for your swimmer’s practice time each day.
- Please note, there will be a modified practice schedule during Thanksgiving week and over Winter Break. Make sure to pay attention to the team website calendar each day - there are sometimes changes to originally posted times due to changes in building availability and/or high school team usage. Make sure to pay attention to the team website calendar over the upcoming weeks as the times will vary.
- Note also that there will be several dates on which the schedule is modified due to after school high school meets. We have learned over the years the typical end time for the CB East high school meets with various opponents and in order to avoid conflicts, practice times are adjusted on these home meet days. Watch the calendar for details and note that there will be modified age group practices on the following dates: 12/3, 12/10, 12/19, 1/14, 1/23, 1/30. Note further that the times may vary based on the opponent so carefully view the details for your practice group each time since it may not be the same as the last modified date.
Please see information linked below regarding our team outing to the Flyers game on January 16th. Our team sold enough tickets and the event is on for those who purchased tickets. http://www.cbswimteam.org/uploads/5/9/8/6/59862579/cbst_night_at_the_flyers_2019.pdf
In general to find out about possible weather cancellations:
School days - School District cancellations and early dismissals are immediately posted on the district website: www.cbsd.org.
- CB schools closed due to inclement weather - No swim or dive practice
- CB schools dismissed early (or afterschool activities cancelled) due to inclement weather - No swim or dive practice
- CB schools delayed opening due to inclement weather – No morning swim practice; Regular PM swim and dive practice
- Follow these guidelines – emails will not typically be sent
Non-school days (weekends, other days off) - School District cancellations and early dismissals are immediately posted on the district website: www.cbsd.org and we will send team email notification whenever possible.
- CB schools closed due to inclement weather - No swim or dive practice or meets (home or away)
- CB schools have modified hours (late opening or early closing) due to inclement weather – team emails will be sent with modifications/cancellations
November bills were emailed at the beginning of the month. Payments are due by November 25th.