Updates and reminders are below.
The CBST 2018-2019 directory is attached for your personal use. It should not be used for solicitation or circulated outside of the team.
LONG COURSE 2019:
Communications about long course will be sent to all current team members shortly. You will either be sent a message stating that your swimmer is already registered for long course or one stating that you need to register your swimmer for long course if s/he wants to participate.
If you need to register, the deadline to contact me at email@example.com is January 19th (earlier, as always, is better so that you’ll have time to comfortably handle the requirements by the registration deadline).
Currently we plan that the long course practice schedule will be the same/similar schedule as last year (times and locations). Note that due to possible maintenance work that may need to be done at the CB South pool, some summer practices may be held at CB East. It is anticipated that the same long course facilities will be used as last year. To see last year's schedule, look at the team calendar for last long course (April-July 2018).
- Due to meet attendance the following practices are cancelled:
- All practices on Friday 12/7 and Saturday 12/8
- Morning practice on Monday 12/10
- Due to high school functions practice details are different than usual for the following practices, please check the calendar for specifics:
- Age Group Thursday 12/13
- Age Group Tuesday 12/18
- Flash Thursday 12/20
- The website calendar is updated with the expected winter break schedule. The possibility remains for changes to occur. Please check the calendar daily during the break in case of any changes.
- Remember: Please check the calendar for your swimmer’s practice information each day. Due to meet attendance, holidays, and the variety in the high school schedules (all of which impact our CBST practices) it is imperative that you check the calendar every day as there are several days with unusual practice details/cancellations and changes do happen after initial posting. We’ll do our best to put any changes in emails but cannot promise that every single change will be emailed so please check the calendar daily so that you don’t inconvenience yourself.
- Swimmers not registered for the Flash group may not practice at Cornerstone under any circumstances.
Please see emails sent earlier this week regarding the NCAP meet. Also, see attachments to this message and this additional message from the meet host:
Teams / Coaches / Families
We are almost there!
Attached please find information on parking and athlete drop off.
Additionally - we are still looking for some folks to help out in a few areas - please click on the links below:
NCAP Invite OVERALL: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d44aeac22a2fb6-ncap2
NCAP Invite TIMERS ONLY: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d44aeac22a2fb6-ncap1
Also - if anyone has a dream to be an aspiring announcer - we need some help in that area as well this year - our regular announcer has another commitment. Please contact me if you are interested in helping out on this one!
Again - Safe travels to the meet.
Meet Availability is currently in the portal for the following meet:
- Central Bucks Swim Team Spring Fever (February 9-10, 2019)
Individuals not swimming in a meet (including parents and other family members of swimmers) may not be on deck during a meet (home or away) except when working as an on-deck volunteer at their assigned time. When on deck working, officials and other volunteers should be in the spot where they need to be to do their job (which is never the CBST team area).
If your swimmer’s plans change and s/he is unable to attend a meet that s/he is entered in, please email Heather Yim at firstname.lastname@example.org and Coach Stu at email@example.com as soon as possible. Barring an emergency, swimmers will not be scratched from events the day of the meet (if a swimmer wishes to scratch they must do so prior to the day of the meet). Unfortunately, sometimes emergency situations do arise in which a swimmer has to scratch the meet on the day-of. In such cases, please make sure you email both Heather Yim and Coach Stu to ensure that the coaching staff attending the meet is notified. It is difficult for both the meet director and our coaches to manage when they are unaware that a registered swimmer will not be in attendance.
BILLS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
Have any pictures taken at CBST-USAS events that you would like to share? Please email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org for possible posting on the CBST-USAS team website and/or CB Aquatics social media.
December bills will be emailed soon (planned today or tomorrow). If you do not receive your bill please check your junk/spam/settings and email me if you’re unable to locate it. Recall that everyone receives a bill every month even if nothing is due. Payments will be due by December 25th.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Please review CBST policies and procedures with your swimmers often. (Please note that the inclusion of this reminder periodically in our team communications is not an indication that an issue has arisen - we simply provide periodic reminders to help prevent issues from occurring.)
- The doors close to the pool at CB South will generally be open and may be used to enter/exit the building. If they are not open, please enter through the main Gymnasium doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please enter the pool hallway off Anderson Road to access the CB East pool at all times. Do not use the front doors.
- Please do not park your car (whether you’re in it or not) anywhere other than designated parking spaces. This is particularly an issue at CB South at the diving well door where people sometimes park along the curb behind the parked cars – please avoid fender benders by NOT parking in that area.
- Swimmers should enter the pool deck upon their arrival (no sooner than 10 minutes prior to the start of practice) and wait on the benches for a coach to start practice. They will be sent directly to the locker rooms after practice. Parents should always walk their swimmers into the building.
- Parents/siblings should go straight to the balcony. Please do not go on deck to speak with the coaches. If you have a question for the coaching staff, please email the head coach for your child (senior or age group). (Emails available on team website.) If you have any concerns please email me immediately.
- Please use your discretion and consider the health and safety of your swimmer and others when deciding whether to send you swimmer to practice if s/he is experiencing any medical condition or other situation in which it might be best not to practice. CBST coaches will use their best judgement and if they feel there is a health concern/safety hazard they will restrict swimmers from entering the pool to safeguard themselves and/or the other members of the team.
- The use of cell phones and other mobile devices with recording capabilities, including voice recording, still cameras and video cameras is prohibited in locker rooms, changing areas, rest rooms or other changing areas. If your swimmer(s) uses his/her cell phone in the locker room for ANY reason (making phone calls, taking pictures, etc.) he/she risks being removed from the team. (Parents please periodically monitor you child’s social media to ensure compliance with this policy.) Also remind your children to always use social media responsibly – taking care to be kind to everyone and remembering that those other than their currently intended audience may eventually see posts.
- Parents are not allowed in the locker rooms for any reason. High school students may be using the locker rooms related to high school activities. It is important that adults (including parents) not be in the locker room for the safety of all swim program participants and other student athletes. Coaches will be sweeping the locker rooms before, in between, and after practices. Nothing should be left in the locker rooms. Athletes should place all belongings into their bags, zip the bag fully shut, and bring it out onto deck and leave it there for the duration of practice. Please speak with your swimmers/divers about appropriate locker room behavior:
- No horseplay or physical contact should occur.
- Lockers are not to be used at any time as they lock and you will not be able to retrieve any items placed into them.
- Speak at a reasonable volume and speak respectfully to everyone.
- Do not touch anyone else or anyone else’s possessions.
- Move with care (remember swimmers and the floor are wet).
- Locker room time should be short (10-15 minutes at the most) - kids may need to be reminded often to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Get a coach if anything inappropriate is occurring, even if they are not involved – tell them they should help stop issues before they escalate, rather than waiting for problems to happen and seeing our friends unhappy based on the consequences.
- Remind your participants often of these behavior expectations which are required at all times – on the deck and in the locker rooms.
- If you prefer that your child not use the locker rooms with the other swimmers please have him/her dry off completely and meet you in the hallway outside of the pool before escorting him/her to the appropriate bathrooms located down the hall from the pool in each building.
- Parents should not coach their children from the balcony (or otherwise). We are in one of the few youth sports that provides professional coaching – please trust that the coaches are competent and leave the coaching to them. If your child looks to you for approval/attention/anything during practices, it is likely to cause them to miss important instructional information and/or disrupt the practice for themselves, other participants, and coaches. If this is an issue for your swimmer please do not remain in the balcony during practices.
- Videotaping of practices is prohibited.
- Please make sure your swimmers are dry and have shoes on when in the hallways of the schools. Please remember that behavior should mimic typical school day behavior. No running, climbing on tables, etc. Playing with balls in the building is prohibited. Siblings of team members must stay with their parents at all times and should not enter the locker rooms. No children should be running or roaming the halls at any time. Swimmers and their families are to be in the pool area (balcony or pool hallways) and should only go to the cafeteria area to use the restrooms or vending machines. Swimmers and their families are not to be in the gymnasiums at any time.
- Please review detailed and additional policies available at this link: http://cbsd.schoolwires.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=2474
Good luck to all swimmers in CBST and SAL meets this weekend,