New and reminder information is below.
Upcoming dates and deadlines:
- 3/11: Managing concussions CANCELLED due to low response (planned to be rescheduled in the fall)
- 3/18: no afternoon senior practice due to school event – AM practice only for senior group (see calendar for details)
- 3/19: Last Age group practice for the season
- 3/19: iSmart parenting at Jamison Elementary (see attached flyer)
- 3/22: deadline to email Heather and Stu any newly qualified senior champs events
- 3/26: Last Senior group practice for the season
- See remaining senior AM practices on calendar
- 4/20: long course parents meeting
- 4/27: College meeting – please feel free to attend even if your swimmer is not participating in long course (details below)
We know that the coronavirus is on everyone’s minds and wanted to share the current information we have:
- The best information in this regard is on the district’s related webpage linked here: https://www.cbsd.org/covid.
- Per that webpage: We are aware of the heightened anxiety and concern that is present in and around our community. We understand and respect the concerns of our families and district administration will continue to base decisions on facts, while working in consultation with local and state experts.
- Specifically related to the pool and locker rooms – they are being cleaned in conjunction with cleaning of all district schools (again, see detailed information at link above).
- Also per the webpage linked above: These experts have all advised us that our best defense is to control personal transmission through good hygiene, proper handwashing, and staying home when sick. CBST participants – please follow this advice.
- We encourage you to read the information at the link above and contact director of Communications, Angela Linch, at 267-893-2073 with additional questions.
- At this time we plan to continue holding Central Bucks Aquatics programs. Should district administration determine that it is best to cancel we will do so and communicate that.
Congratulations to all of our Bronze Champs participants – great job! If anyone has any pictures they’d like to see posted on the team website please email them to me.
Silver Champs at UDAC - Final meet entries have been posted on the CBST website under the meets tab. Meet information including volunteer timing assignments for Silver Champs will be sent early next week. If you are not able to volunteer for a specific session in which your swimmer is participating please notify Heather Yim no later than Sunday 3/15 at firstname.lastname@example.org. UDAC has also requested officials for this meets, the officials signup link is below.
A reminder about pick-up: Swimmers must be picked-up on time after practice and meets. For practice this means that parents should be back in the building by the end of practice (or at least within the few minutes after practice is scheduled to conclude so that you are there when your swimmer exits the locker room) and for meets this means parents should be back in the building by the end of the meet (or when your swimmer is done swimming if sooner). In the unusual event that you are dropping your swimmer off at a meet, be sure to be aware of the meet time line so that you’ll be back on time. It is also a good idea to either ask another parent on the team to be responsible for your child in your absence or let a coach know you will not be at the meet but will return prior to the end of the meet to pick-up your child. At meets our coaches do not check for children who have not been picked-up as it is assumed that parents are in attendance. It is your responsibility to make sure your child is safely picked-up at the conclusion of the meet. CBSD and its affiliates are not responsible for children who are waiting to be picked up from a meet. If you are running late, get in touch with another parent or coach. Be sure to tell your children that if you are not there at the end of a meet, they are to wait inside the building for their own safety. Repeated late pick-ups may result in charges and/or removal from the team.
Long course participants, see separate email about indicating availability for additional long course meets and be sure to note the deadlines.