Upcoming dates and deadlines:
- 3/7: deadline to order Silver Champs apparel through this link: https://artisticscreendesigns.tuosystems.com/stores/udacmasliverchamps2020
- 3/11: Managing concussions at CB South High School (see attached flyer and RSVP info below)
- 3/18: no afternoon senior practice due to school event – AM practice only for senior group (see calendar for details)
- 3/19: Last Age group practice for the season
- 3/19: iSmart parenting at Jamison Elementary (see attached flyer)
- 3/22: deadline to email Heather and Stu any newly qualified senior champs events
- 3/26: Last Senior group practice for the season
- See remaining senior AM practices on calendar
- 4/20: long course parents meeting
- 4/27: College meeting – please feel free to attend even if your swimmer is not participating in long course (details below)
Thank you to Beth Scott, Patti Cameron, and everyone who helped on the day of the party to make the pasta party a fun event for our swimmers! Pictures will be added to the team website soon.
Congratulations to all of our Junior Olympics participants – great job! I already have few pictures to add to the website and if anyone has any they’d like to see posted please email them to me.
CBST entries for Silver and Bronze champs are posted on the meets page of the team website.
Long course participants, watch for an email soon about indicating availability for additional long course meets.
COMMUNICATIONS AND GUIDANCE:
In effort to enhance our team environment, cohesiveness, and mutual support of our athletes, in early long course we will have meetings for our swim groups led by NOVA (the Network of Victim Assistance which provides age-appropriate prevention education services). For our parents, we suggest attending the Parent Positive March 19th meeting regarding helping children with online interactions (see attached flyer) and doing the trainings posted on the team website (http://www.cbswimteam.org/cb-aquatics-policies-and-programs.html). Note that CB Aquatics administrative staff will be available on a date prior to the dates of the swimmer group meetings mentioned above to provide information about what will be covered with the swimmers. Please keep an eye out for details and dates as they become available. As always, please contact Aquatics Manager, Roberta Lichter (email@example.com) with questions or concerns.
In order to help our swimmers and their parents navigate the transition from age group swimming to swimming in our senior group and also the transition to high school team swimming, we have prepared the document linked here: http://www.cbswimteam.org/uploads/5/9/8/6/59862579/cb_aquatics_high_school_swimmers.pdf. All families with a swimmer currently in 8th grade should read this document now. Keep in mind that swimmers progress to the senior practice group within CBST in the same manner in which advancement occurs within age group. Thus, swimmers do not automatically advance to the senior practice group upon becoming a 9th grader, but rather, will advance to the senior group when they are ready as determined by the coaches. Please see the linked document for more information. Additionally, swimmers who will be entering 9th grade next fall and do not have access to or will otherwise not be participating with a high school team should set-up a family meeting during the spring with Coach Stu so that he may offer guidance regarding options and expectations with regard to your child’s continued swimming.
Save the date: April 27th at 5:45 p.m. at CB South in the classroom near the pool there will be a group meeting with Coach Stu regarding swimming in college. All CBST-USAS swim families are welcome. In particular families of swimmers currently in 10th grade should attend. Please be sure to read the guidance ahead of the meeting and bring your questions to the meeting (or email them to Coach Stu ahead of time at firstname.lastname@example.org). After this group meeting each 10th grade swimmer with parent(s) should schedule an individual meeting with Coach Stu. Please make every effort to attend this meeting and to read the provided materials ahead of time so your individual meeting can be productive and Coach Stu does not need to spend time answering the same general questions repeatedly. Below are links to the relevant documentation that you should review prior to the group meeting:
- Swimming in college: http://www.cbswimteam.org/uploads/5/9/8/6/59862579/cb_aquatics_high_school_swimmers.pdf
- Questions for college coaches: http://www.cbswimteam.org/uploads/5/9/8/6/59862579/swimming_in_college_questions_dec_2015.pdf
Please see the attached flyer concerning a free program being offered by Doylestown Hospital next Wednesday, March 11th at CB South High School.
If interested, please click the link below to register. Feel free to share with family or anyone who may be interested.
Managing Concussions & Repetitive Stress Injuries
Wednesday, March 11th
CB South High School