Updates and reminders are below.
- Check the calendar for practice times and conflicts daily
- Bring equipment and water bottle to all practices (equipment list on resources page of website – have all equipment by 9/20)
- Practice only with your assigned group
- Please note that if your observance of Yom Kippur interferes with practice attendance it is fine to miss practice.
- Friday, September 21 (home football game)
- Wednesday, October 3 (district financial aid night)
- Friday, October 5 (home football game)
- Friday, October 12 (home football game)
- Friday, October 26 (home football game)
- Wednesday, October 31 (Halloween)
See email sent on Tuesday (9/11/18) regarding meet entries and remember the Monday, September 17th deadline to indicate availability for several meets.
Coaches will do entries for meets CBST is attending as a team and families should not contact meet directors. Conversely, CBST coaches/staff will not do entries/contact meet directors for any meet CBST is not attending as a team. Our coaches have a schedule that will provide adequate competition opportunities, however, if your swimmer plans to participate in a meet we are not attending as a team, please use TM Lite to complete the entries.
If you are registering your swimmer for a meet using TM Lite, remember that USA Swimming requires all swimmers to be registered with their full legal name and, thus, that is how CBST has registered them per the information you provided during registration with the team. This means first name, middle initial, last name per birth certificate or subsequent legal name change document. Be sure to include this correct and complete information when entering any meets on your own. (Specifically, when adding your athlete in TM Lite include first name, middle initial, last name, birth date, sex, and then click "build ID.")
All swimmers (particularly those new to our team who have previously swum on USAS teams and all swimmers swimming at meets CBST is not attending as a team) should carefully read the attached seed times document in full.
Information about the fall apparel sale through Kampus Klothes and ordering personalized caps will be provided shortly.
COMMUNICATIONS / MEETINGS AND BILLING:
Thanks for attending the parent meeting this week. Notes are attached. Please read through the notes even if you were in attendance.
Please plan to attend our upcoming meetings:
- Monday, September 17th 5:45 p.m. in the forum – Meeting regarding swimming in college (for all parents and high school swimmers – all current junior should plan to attend this meeting prior to scheduling a personal meeting with Coach Stu; parents of younger swimmers are welcome to attend if they would like). Note that you may bring your questions to the meeting or email them to Coach Stu ahead of time so that he may address them during the meeting. email@example.com We are holding a group meeting first so Coach Stu can have productive individual meetings with each junior and his/her parents later and everyone will have the general information. Please review the college information documents on the website (resources page) prior to the meeting.
- Nutrition meetings: Please be sure to attend these meetings which will be led by Kelly Jones MS, RD, CSSD, LDN - Registered Dietitian & Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics. Kelly provides CBST-USAS athletes with sports nutrition information and best dietary practices for optimal performance. Please visit www.kellyjonesnutrition.com/ before the meeting.
- Saturday, September 29th – senior nutrition meeting during practice (for senior swimmers)
- Wednesday, October 10th – age group nutrition meeting in room D205 (classroom near pool) (for age group swimmers and parents). Swimmers and parents 5:30-6:15 p.m. then swimmers will go to pool for abbreviated practice and meeting will continue for parents until 7 p.m.
We are in the process of creating a Team Directory to distribute to the team. Information provided during registration to be included in the Team Directory is swimmer’s name, one parent’s email address, home address, home phone number. Families who indicated via their Portal during registration that they do not wish to be included in the Team Directory will be contacted next week to confirm they do not want be included. If you do not want to be included in the Team Directory, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, September 21.
September bill payments are due on 9/25/2018.
If you are a returning official or are interested in becoming an official please contact Julie Kline at email@example.com by September 15th.
Have a wonderful weekend