- Coach Stu will be hosting the previously scheduled swimming in college informational meeting remotely. Watch for an emailed invitation from Stu for the meeting which will be on Monday, April 27th at 5:45 p.m. All CBST-USAS families (including our short course only swimmers) are encouraged to attend. Many families with younger swimmers have found the information interesting and motivational in the past so please consider attending even if your swimmers are young. Families of swimmers currently in 10th grade should definitely attend. Please be sure to read the guidance ahead of the meeting and bring your questions to the meeting (or email them to Coach Stu ahead of time at email@example.com). After this group meeting each 10th grade swimmer with parent(s) should schedule an individual meeting with Coach Stu. Please make every effort to attend this group meeting and to read the provided materials ahead of time so your individual meeting can be productive and Coach Stu does not need to spend time answering the same general questions repeatedly. Below are links to the relevant documentation that you should review prior to the group meeting:
Swimming in college: http://www.cbswimteam.org/uploads/5/9/8/6/59862579/cb_aquatics_high_school_swimmers.pdf
Questions for college coaches: http://www.cbswimteam.org/uploads/5/9/8/6/59862579/swimming_in_college_questions_dec_2015.pdf
- Some additional links from sports nutritionist, Kelly Jones (see email sent to team for links)
- Age group swimmers, please continue to attend the recurring age group meeting with coaches Matt and Chris on Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. per previously communicated details.
- We continue to work on refunds/credits for CBST-USAS participants based on the current status of each account. I will be in touch within the next week with regard to what to expect. We thank you for your patience as we work through each individual account.
- We do not know if there will be an opportunity to hold any of the long course season. As developments occur with regard to when it might be permissible and advisable to return to the water we will communicate them to you. As of now, schools are closed through the end of the academic year and all USA Swimming events are cancelled through May 31st. Given this timing, our coaches do not believe attending the meets previously on our schedule for June will work with the amount of practice that could possibly be available before the meets. There is no word yet with regard to whether the championship meets will be held. If you made a hotel reservation for a meet (within the CBST block or otherwise) please be sure to cancel it – hotel reservations are not automatically cancelled if meets are cancelled and the team cannot cancel in bulk – each person must cancel their reservation(s) personally with each hotel.
- We will share fall registration information when it is available. (Note that fall registration typically is available starting on July 1st for returning members.)
- Please send us pictures of your workouts, drawings, creative activities for posting.