As we gear up for our February hosted meet we wanted to provide the following information and reminders. Also see below for non-meet updates and reminders.
For our Saturday morning session, swimmers and coaches will not have access to the deck until the high school practices conclude (just after 7:15) so when swimmers arrive they should head to cafeteria or balcony.
Individuals not swimming in a meet (including parents and other family members of swimmers) may not be on deck during a meet (home or away) except when working as an on-deck volunteer at their assigned time. When on deck working, officials and other volunteers should be in the spot where they need to be to do their job (which is never the CBST team area).
- Thanks to everyone for signing up to volunteer. As is generally the case, the February meet is short on volunteers in some sessions. If you need additional sessions to meet your obligation and didn’t sign-up, please email me right away to find out if there are spots in your preferred sessions.
- Remember to arrive on time for your session (promptly at 7 a.m. for the 7 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. shift or promptly at 12 p.m. for the 12 - 5:30 p.m. shift). Please be courteous and remember that you may be relieving another volunteer who has been staffing your position during the prior session (or our set-up crew). If you are late your spot may be assigned to another volunteer and you will not receive credit for the session. This policy is necessary so we can be sure to have all positions filled when they need to be filled so that our meet runs smoothly. (See the volunteering agreement posted on the meets page of our team website.)
- Attached please find a list of all volunteer sign-ups from the portal and anyone I was able to add based on emailed requests. Please check this list to be sure what you intended to sign-up for in the portal is what you actually signed-up for, and let me know of any issues right away. If you signed-up in portal you are on the list, so if you think you signed up and you are not listed, please let me know right away. We need everyone’s help! See email for list of volunteers.
- This is the list that will be used to assign jobs.
- You will get your job assignment upon check-in at each meet session.
- Some jobs will start right upon your arrival and others may start with a break immediately after you check in but all volunteers must check in by 7 a.m. or 12 p.m. to be assured of having a spot.
- For some sessions we have more people indicating that they’re willing timers than we need timers (thank you) so some of you who indicated willingness to time will be assigned to different positions. Conversely, for some sessions we may have fewer willing timers than timing slots so a few people who typically would not time will need to be trained to do that for this session. Note for this meet that for some sessions all timing spots will be covered by our student volunteers so all of our parents will be staffing other positions due to how few parent volunteers are available and which jobs we are able to assign to students.
If plans change and swimmers are unable to attend a meet in which they are entered, please email Heather Yim at firstname.lastname@example.org and Coach Stu at email@example.com as soon as possible. Barring an emergency, swimmers will not be scratched from events the day of the meet (if a swimmer wishes to scratch they must do so prior to the day of the meet). Unfortunately, sometimes emergency situations do arise in which a swimmer has to scratch the meet on the day-of. In such cases, please make sure you email both Heather Yim and Coach Stu to ensure that the coaching staff attending the meet is notified. It is difficult for both the meet director and our coaches to manage when they are unaware that a registered swimmer will not be in attendance.
Note that there is no charge for CBST parents and siblings to attend our home meets. If you are not volunteering at that particular session, you do still need to go through admissions and get a stamp so you won’t have trouble getting up to the balcony. If the admissions staff do not know you, just tell them your swimmer’s name. Everyone else (including other family members) must pay for admission.
We’re looking forward to a great meet for all of our swimmers. Thanks in advance for your help!
Other updates and reminders:
Please check the calendar for your swimmer’s practice information each day and take note of the following for next week:
- 2/10 return to age group at South most nights
- 2/12 no age group (high school back-to-school night)
- 2/14 age group at CB East (high school champs at CB South)
- Availability reports for all of these meets are on the meets page of the team website.
- 2/11 11:59 p.m. Junior Olympics availability deadline
- 3/2 11:59 p.m. Senior Champs availability deadline
See you this weekend.