Congratulations to your swimmer(s) for qualifying for the NCAP meet this upcoming weekend. Below is information that we have received from the meet director, please read all of the information carefully prior to leaving for NCAP. Attached is the psych sheet, preliminary timeline, parking information document and Coach Stu's itinerary.
Officials and Volunteer Assignments - NPAC has asked for families to sign-up to volunteer via the links below. There are two links; one for officials and one for non-officials. If you are able to help out at this meet please sign-up via the links below, it would be greatly appreciated.
Coach Stu has put together an itinerary for the meet including warm-up times, arrival procedures and general expectations, please review it and share with your swimmers.
Please recall that CBST coaches expect that all CBST swimmers attending meets with prelims and finals are expected to swim in finals if they qualify. If an emergency arises and you are unable to stay for Finals, please see the specific wording below from the NCAP meet announcement.
- • PVS Scratch Rules apply for swimmers scratching from finals.
- • If an athlete does not want to swim in the Final, the athlete may "scratch" from the event by following this procedure:
- The athlete must fill out and sign a Finals Scratch Slip within 30 minutes of the announcement of qualifiers for "A" and "B" finals, if scheduled.
- The athlete may declare an intent to "scratch". The athlete must fill out and sign a Finals Scratch Slip within 30 minutes of the announcement of qualifiers, marking the appropriate space for "intent". If an athlete declares an "intent to scratch" and does not wish to swim finals, the athlete must confirm the scratch on the Finals Scratch Slip within 30 minutes after the conclusion of his/her last preliminary event of the day or the athlete will be automatically seeded into the event.
- • If an athlete fails to properly scratch from an event and does not appear for the "Final" event, they shall be barred from further competition of the remainder of the meet.
For additional details regarding this weekend's meet please refer to the meet announcement located on our team website under the meets tab.
If you have any questions relating to the meet this weekend or if your swimmer's plans change and they can no longer attend NCAP please contact Heather Yim (email@example.com) and Stu Kukla (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Information Received from the NCAP Meet Director:
· All meet information can be found at the NCAP Invite website at https://nationscapitalswimming.com/ncap-invite
· Please have a look at the Volunteer Timer Sign Up and ask your families to help out. They can sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d44aeac22a2fb6-timers
If your team has any officials who would like to volunteer, we would greatly appreciate the help. They can sign up at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSex9VDD0Cp7xQbzRbNRKSyaopda5a6sS-wG7XOpgwhzB40b0A/viewform
· Skys the Limit Visuals will be offering photography for swimmers at the meet. They have set up a pre-reservation site where people can sign up in advance for photos at
· Please see the below note in regards to a presentation from American College Connection.
Dear swimmers and parents!
I hope your Thanksgiving was great and you've been able to work off some of that turkey over the last couple of weeks!
Good luck at your upcoming meets!
Go and get some new best times!
American College Connection will be having a College Recruiting Seminar on Saturday and Sunday at the nCAP Invite from 8AM-10AM in the classroom at the athlete entrance to the pool. If you have a Freshman-Junior in High School, this seminar can help you better understand the College Recruiting process. Please plan on attending one of these seminars over the weekend.
In order to facilitate our seminar efficiently during the NCAP meet , please go to Accrecruits.com, and fill out our free profile.
This allows me to access your usaswim times, follow your progress, and get a sense of where you are in the swimming world in relation to other swimmers, vying for a college roster spot.
Best of luck to all of our swimmers!!