As we gear up for our first hosted meet of the 2017-2018 season we wanted to provide the following information and reminders:
Caps –we’ve just been notified that the personalized dome caps will not be available for this weekend. If your swimmer needs a CBST cap we will have non-personalized silicone and latex caps available at the apparel table (outside the classrooms where we hold meetings). The caps will be billed to your account ($15 for silicone or $8 for latex). As soon as we have more information about the dome caps we’ll provide that via email. If we are able to move forward with them everyone will have the opportunity to change their order or add an order. Thank you for your understanding – this is out of our control.
We have a complimentary CBST water bottle and t-shirt for each CBST swimmer attending our Autumn Harvest meet. Please visit the volunteer table during the meet to get your items. If you’re not attending the meet or forget, no worries – you may get your items at our next home meet in February.
- Thanks to everyone for signing up to volunteer and for emailing about wanting to fill slots once the sign-up was full. As is generally the case, the October meet is quite popular for volunteering. If you need additional sessions to meet your obligation, we’ll definitely need your help at our other meets this year, but if you’d like to try to get into a session for this meet, be sure to arrive on time and check in with me to see if there is anyone signed-up who can no longer help.
- Remember to arrive on time for your session (promptly at 7am for the 7am-12:30pm shift or promptly at 12 pm for the 12-5:30pm shift). Please be courteous and remember that you may be relieving another volunteer that has been staffing your position during the prior session (or our set-up crew). If you are late your spot may be assigned to another volunteer and you will not receive credit for the session. This policy is necessary so we can be sure to have all positions filled when they need to be filled so that our meet runs smoothly. (See the volunteering agreement emailed previously.)
- Attached please find a list of the volunteer sign-ups from the portal and anyone I was able to add based on emailed requests.
- This is the list that will be used to assign jobs.
- You will get your job assignment upon check-in at each meet session.
- Some jobs will start right upon your arrival and others may start with a break immediately after you check in but all volunteers must check in by 7am or 12pm to be assured of having a spot.
- For some sessions we have more people indicating that they’re willing timers than we need timers (thank you) so some of you who indicated willingness to time will be assigned to different positions. Conversely, for some sessions we may have fewer willing timers than timing slots so a few people who typically would not time will need to be trained to do that for this session.
Note that there is no charge for CBST parents and siblings to attend our home meets. If you are not volunteering at that particular session, you do still need to go through admissions and get a stamp so you won’t have trouble getting up to the balcony. If the admissions staff do not know you, just tell them your swimmer’s name. Everyone else (including other family members) must pay for admission.
We’re looking forward to a great meet for all of our swimmers. Thanks in advance for all of your help!