Thanks to everyone for your help at the meet last weekend – it is so nice to have so many truly helpful volunteers!
- NCAP availability indication deadline is today (see below)
- No age group practice on Wednesday, October 31st (Happy Halloween)
- No senior morning practice on Friday, November 2nd
- No age group practice on Thursday, November 8th (team outing to Flyers game)
- As of Friday, November 16, practice times will change due to the beginning of the high school swim season. Please check the calendar for your swimmer’s practice time each day.
- Please note, there will be a modified practice schedule during Thanksgiving week and over Winter Break. Make sure to pay attention to the team website calendar each day - there are sometimes changes to originally posted times due to changes in building availability and/or high school team usage. Make sure to pay attention to the team website calendar over the upcoming weeks as the times will vary.
Our coaches will hold a “Swimming 101” parent meeting on November 12th at 5:45 p.m. in the classroom near the pool. All parents are encouraged to attend.
Meet Availability is currently in the portal for the following meet:
NCAP Invitational (December 6-9, 2018)
Please indicate your swimmer's Availability for this meet in the portal no later than Monday, October 29, 2018 at 11:59 pm. Keep in mind that this is a time qualifying meet. If you have any questions about this meet, including the qualifying times, the link to the meet sheet can be found on our website under the "Meets" tab. Consistent with the previous meets this fall, when indicating Availability, please be sure to utilize the "Comments" section for events that you prefer your swimmer to be entered into or any information that is important for the coaches to know as they are selecting events for your swimmer because you will not have the opportunity to review the entries before they are final.
NCAP Hotel Information:
The NCAP meet host has provided a few hotel room blocks for those attending their meet. Please see the attached document for the list of hotels including pricing details and reservation instructions. We have had an update from the meet host regarding parking: our current understanding is that there will be no parking available onsite at the University of Maryland for swim meet participants on Friday but that the garage will be available on Saturday and Sunday. We will continue to provide updates as we receive information. Shuttle service to the pool has been arranged with the hotels on the preferred list. Please see the attached document for the Group Name to reference at the time of booking.
Our coaches have chosen to stay at one of the preferred NCAP hotels listed below.
The Marriott Inn & Conference Center, UMD
3501 University Boulevard E
Hyattsville, MD 20783
If you have any questions regarding the above hotel information, please contact Heather Yim at email@example.com