CBST is proud to host great meets for swimmers in our area! Our wonderful volunteers are the key to the success of these meets. We’ve reviewed the results of surveys submitted by meet attendees and noted consistent comments about the staff being friendly and helpful. This makes people want to come back to our meets – thank you for your dedicated support in the past and your cheery help this season!
***Volunteer Information for Autumn Harvest Meet ***
- The volunteer sign-ups for the Autumn Harvest Meet will be available in the portal on Wednesday, October 18th at approximately 8 a.m. The link to the sign-up will be front and center in the announcements section. Please log on to your portal and sign-up to volunteer as soon after it becomes available as possible to ensure that you get spots in your preferred sessions. Volunteer sign-up will be open in the portal through Wednesday, October 25th at 11:59pm.
- Recall that families are required to provide volunteers per the meet obligation document that was included in the registration process and is attached to this email. Also recall that other than as outlined in that agreement, the volunteer sessions are required for all team members whether your swimmer participates in the meets or not. Exception: volunteering for this meet is not required for those 8 and younger swimmers who are not old enough to participate in this meet. High school swimmers should see the document for specifics. Recall also that for 2017-18, we’ll be hosting three meets (two during short course and one during long course) so the specific number of sessions required is as per the attached. (Note that if your swimmer is a short-course only swimmer, your obligation must be met during the two short course meets and is reduced by two sessions from what is listed in the attached.)
- Sign up for the session(s) you would like to work (everyone is expected to work an average of two sessions per meet for families with one swimmer and more for families with more than one swimmer – see the agreement for specifics).
- You will be asked if you are willing to be a timer – saying "yes" to this question does not mean you will automatically be a timer, it just means you may be assigned as a timer. Saying "no" to this question means we'll do our best to avoid placing you as a timer. Note further that depending on the length of the swim sessions and the number of volunteers available, timers may work the full session or may end up splitting the session.
- You cannot sign-up for a specific position. You may just indicate if you like to time or not per above. All positions are assigned by CBCS administrative staff and will be communicated when you check-in at the meet.
- Priority will be given to parents whose swimmers are participating in the session (for example, if you have a senior swimmer but you sign up to work the AM session you will be assigned a spot as long as a parent with a 12&U swimmer does not need to work while their child swims).
- If the volunteer session when your swimmer is swimming is full, please fill in at another session if possible. Email Jennifer Steinberg firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot work a different session and we’ll will try to accommodate you…keep in mind that it may be that all spots are full for this meet.
- If you are unable to sign up because all spots are full you may check in at the volunteer table and if a spot opens up due to a no show or late arriving volunteer and you are able to work you will receive credit for the volunteer session. Even if all spots in that session are full, you still must fulfill all of your required volunteer sessions so will need to make that up during another session, day, or meet.
- We understand that our CBST families are trying to work with many demands on their time and appreciate everyone’s assistance, patience, and flexibility while the staff works to balance your needs with the staffing requirements of our meets. Please know that every season we calculate the volunteering needs versus the volunteer sessions available to us from our families and that drives the number of sessions required. Given our team size this year and when all items (for example, 8u swimmers and swimmers whose parents are officials) are considered, with our current volunteer requirements, we need everyone to be sure to work all sessions required as we will otherwise not be able to staff the meets. Thank you in advance for your help – it is truly appreciated.
- Remember to arrive on time for your session (promptly at 7am for the 7am-12:30pm shift or promptly at 12pm for the 12-5:30pm shift). If you are late your spot may be assigned to another volunteer and you will not receive credit for the session. (See the agreement for details.)
- If you are interested in doing set up/break down on Saturday and Sunday (morning 5-7:15ish and evening 5-7ish) please email your interest and phone number to me at email@example.com. There are two or three people needed. I will let you know if there is a spot available for you. Note that priority is given to those with experience in this position but we do need to train new people this season. The set-up/break down job is BOTH set-up AND break-down on BOTH Saturday AND Sunday. This will count as two volunteer sessions. If you can't do all four times, please sign-up through the portal to work during meet sessions.
- Officials and apprentice officials should sign up per the information provided in the weekly team emails. (Officials do not sign up via the team portal.)