Updates for this week:
Attached is Coach Stu’s itinerary for the NCAP Invitational.
The website calendar is updated with the expected winter break schedule. We are waiting on confirmation from facilities so changes may occur. Please check the calendar daily during the break in case of any changes.
COMMUNICATIONS / MEETINGS:
Thanks to everyone who attended Swimming 101 last night. Notes are attached.
Please join us in welcoming Kelly Jones (registered dietician) as she provides our CBST swimmers and families with proper nutrition guidance to maximize health and performance in the pool.
Saturday 1/9/2016 for senior swimmers. Will be managed during practice time.
Wednesday 1/13/2016 for age group swimmers and parents. 5:30-7PM. (Note that 5:30-6:15PM will be for swimmers and parents and then the swimmers will be released to go to practice at which point the discussion will continue for parents until 7pm.) Location to follow.
College Swimming Meeting with Coach Stu (for parents):
Date will be provided soon for a parent’s meeting after the new year to discuss swimming in college.
2015-2016 USA Swimming Athlete Safe Sport Training:
Mid-Atlantic Swimming has asked us to forward the following information to all athletes 12&older:
There are 300,000 Athletes in USA Swimming, this makes up 75% of the USA Swimming membership. The other 25% is non-athlete members and they are required to view a similar training video. This however, leaves the majority of the USA Swimming membership without any knowledge of safe sport. The goal of this program is to enhance the knowledge of our athletes by informing them about safe sport because safe sport is designed to keep them safe.
Athletes will log on to the following website www.safesportinitiative.weebly.com They will enter their name and club information so that the club gets credit for it, after filling in the required information, they will be redirected to the Praesidium website where they will enter their club code, LSC, and number of viewers(1). They will then view the safe sport training. This video will not work on a mobile device. This must be done on a laptop or desktop computer.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Please review CBST policies and procedures with your swimmers often. (Please note that the inclusion of this reminder periodically in our team communications is not an indication that an issue has arisen - we simply provide periodic reminders to prevent issues from occurring.)
*The use of cell phones and other mobile devices with recording capabilities, including voice recording, still cameras and video cameras is prohibited in locker rooms, changing areas, rest rooms or other changing areas. If your swimmer(s) uses his/her cell phone in the locker room for ANY reason (making phone calls, taking pictures, etc.) he/she risks being removed from the team. (Parents please periodically monitor you child’s social media to ensure compliance with this policy.)
*Parents are not allowed in the locker rooms for any reason. High school students may be using the locker rooms related to high school activities. It is important that adults (including parents) not be in the locker room for the safety of all swim program participants and other student athletes.
*Videotaping of practices is prohibited.
*Swimmers should enter the pool deck upon their arrival (no sooner than 10 minutes prior to the start of practice) and wait on the benches for a coach to start practice. They will be sent directly to the locker rooms after practice.
*Parents/siblings should go straight to the balcony.
*Please make sure your swimmers are dry and have shoes on when in the hallways of the schools. Please remember that behavior should mimic typical school day behavior. No running, climbing on tables, etc. Playing with balls in the building is prohibited. Siblings of team members must stay with their parents at all times and should not enter the locker rooms. No children should be running or roaming the halls at any time. Swimmers and their families are to be in the pool area (balcony or pool hallways) and should only go to the cafeteria area to use the restrooms or vending machines. Swimmers and their families are not to be in the gymnasiums at any time.
*Please review detailed and additional policies available at this link: http://cbsd.schoolwires.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=2474
Have a great week!