NEW SCHEDULE BEGINS TUESDAY, OCTOBER 10. Please check the calendar on the website for practice times and locations. Please be aware that often times there are last minute changes. Continue to refer to the calendar on a daily basis for the most updated schedule.
Once SAL teams (CBAC and SWAC) are in the water (starting on 10/10), please remember that all CBST swimmers are expected to practice only with CBST even if they are also registered with CBAC or SWAC. This is the only way we can accommodate all of the swimmers on each team and comply with insurance requirements. We appreciate your cooperation with this necessary policy.
There will be no age group practice on the following October dates:
October 6 (football game)
October 13 (football game)
October 27 (football game)
October 31 (holiday)
These dates as well as others are on the team calendar. As additional conflict dates approach they will be included in team emails as possible but please remember to check the calendar often.
COMMUNICATIONS / MEETINGS:
Nutrition meetings are coming up:
- Senior (for swimmers) – Saturday, October 7 during practice
- Age group (for swimmers and parents) – TENTATIVE Saturday, October 14 8-10 a.m. (watch for confirmation of date and timing for parents and swimmers)
High school juniors, if you haven’t yet contacted Coach Stu to set up a meeting about swimming in college, now is the time. Be sure to read the information on the team website prior to your meeting. (www.cbswimteam.org CBST Resources => General Team Information => scroll toward the bottom of the page for the Swimming in College section)
October bills were emailed on Thursday. If you didn’t get yours, now is the time to check junk/spam and your email settings. If you can’t find your bill, please email me now so your payment won’t be late. Remember bills are sent even if you have a $0 balance so every account will get a bill every month. Payment is due by the 25th.
CBST coaches require all CBST swimmers to wear a CBST cap (personalized or non-personalized) during any USA Swimming meet that they are attending. If you did not have the opportunity to purchase a personalized swim cap or just want to make sure that you swimmer is ready for the fall season, please email Julie Kline at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will provide you with cap purchasing information.
CBST entries for the Jersey Wahoos meet in November have been accepted. Thanks to everyone for responding so quickly to help our team secure a spot in this meet. Entries will be posted on the team website as soon as we have the confirmed file back from the host.
It is hard to believe that the CBST Autumn Festival is only a few weeks away! Below is the link for Officials to sign-up to volunteer for our meet. Please email email@example.com with any questions. Thank you in advance for all your help...our meet couldn't run smoothly without you!
Watch for information regarding volunteering at the meet for non-officials to be emailed next week.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Please review CBST policies and procedures with your swimmers often. (Please note that the inclusion of this reminder periodically in our team communications is not an indication that an issue has arisen - we simply provide periodic reminders to prevent issues from occurring.)
- The doors close to the pool at CB South will generally be open and may be used to enter/exit the building. If they are not open, please enter through the main Gymnasium doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please enter the pool hallway off Anderson Road to access the CB East pool at all times. Do not use the front doors.
- Please do not park your car (whether you’re in it or not) anywhere other than designated parking spaces. This is particularly an issue at CB South at the diving well door where people sometimes park along the curb behind the parked cars – please avoid fender benders by NOT parking in that area.
- Swimmers should enter the pool deck upon their arrival (no sooner than 10 minutes prior to the start of practice) and wait on the benches for a coach to start practice. They will be sent directly to the locker rooms after practice. Parents should always walk their swimmers into the building.
- Parents/siblings should go straight to the balcony. Please do not go on deck to speak with the coaches. If you have a question for the coaching staff, please email the head coach for your child (senior or age group). (Emails available on team website.) If you have any concerns please email me immediately.
- The use of cell phones and other mobile devices with recording capabilities, including voice recording, still cameras and video cameras is prohibited in locker rooms, changing areas, rest rooms or other changing areas. If your swimmer(s) uses his/her cell phone in the locker room for ANY reason (making phone calls, taking pictures, etc.) he/she risks being removed from the team. (Parents please periodically monitor you child’s social media to ensure compliance with this policy.) Also remind your children to always use social media responsibly – taking care to be kind to everyone and remembering that those other than their currently intended audience may eventually see posts.
- Parents are not allowed in the locker rooms for any reason. High school students may be using the locker rooms related to high school activities. It is important that adults (including parents) not be in the locker room for the safety of all swim program participants and other student athletes. Coaches will be sweeping the locker rooms before, in between, and after practices. Nothing should be left in the locker rooms. Athletes should place all belongings into their bags, zip the bag fully shut, and bring it out onto deck and leave it there for the duration of practice. Please speak with your swimmers/divers about appropriate locker room behavior:
- No horseplay or physical contact should occur.
- Lockers are not to be used at any time as they lock and you will not be able to retrieve any items placed into them.
- Speak at a reasonable volume and speak respectfully to everyone.
- Do not touch anyone else or anyone else’s possessions.
- Move with care (remember swimmers and the floor are wet).
- Locker room time should be short (10-15 minutes at the most) - kids may need to be reminded often to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Get a coach if anything inappropriate is occurring, even if they are not involved – tell them they should help stop issues before they escalate, rather than waiting for problems to happen and seeing our friends unhappy based on the consequences.
- Remind your participants often of these behavior expectations which are required at all times – on the deck and in the locker rooms.
- If you prefer that your child not use the locker rooms with the other swimmers please have him/her dry off completely and meet you in the hallway outside of the pool before escorting him/her to the appropriate bathrooms located down the hall from the pool in each building.
- Parents should not coach their children from the balcony (or otherwise). We are in one of the few youth sports that provides professional coaching – please trust that the coaches are competent and leave the coaching to them. If your child looks to you for approval/attention/anything during practices, it is likely to cause them to miss important instructional information and/or disrupt the practice for themselves, other participants, and coaches. If this is an issue for your swimmer please do not remain in the balcony during practices.
- Videotaping of practices is prohibited.
- Please make sure your swimmers are dry and have shoes on when in the hallways of the schools. Please remember that behavior should mimic typical school day behavior. No running, climbing on tables, etc. Playing with balls in the building is prohibited. Siblings of team members must stay with their parents at all times and should not enter the locker rooms. No children should be running or roaming the halls at any time. Swimmers and their families are to be in the pool area (balcony or pool hallways) and should only go to the cafeteria area to use the restrooms or vending machines. Swimmers and their families are not to be in the gymnasiums at any time.
- Please review detailed and additional policies available at this link: http://cbsd.schoolwires.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=2474