Bills were sent this morning and payments are due on 2/25. Please check your junk/spam and email me now if you cannot locate your bill.
For information about championship meets see the email sent on January 11th and keep the 2/12 Junior Olympics and Senior Champs deadline in mind.
As we gear up for our February hosted meet we wanted to provide the following information and reminders:
- Thanks to everyone for signing up to volunteer. As is generally the case, the February meet is short on volunteers in some sessions. If you need additional sessions to meet your obligation and didn’t sign-up, please email me right away to find out if there are spots in your preferred sessions.
- Remember to arrive on time for your session (promptly at 7 a.m. for the 7 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. shift or promptly at 12 p.m. for the 12 - 5:30 p.m. shift). Please be courteous and remember that you may be relieving another volunteer that has been staffing your position during the prior session (or our set-up crew). If you are late your spot may be assigned to another volunteer and you will not receive credit for the session. This policy is necessary so we can be sure to have all positions filled when they need to be filled so that our meet runs smoothly. (See the volunteering agreement emailed previously – see 1/28/2019 email.)
- Attached please find a list of the all volunteer sign-ups from the portal and anyone I was able to add based on emailed requests. Please check this list to be sure what you intended to sign-up for in the portal is what you actually signed-up for and let me know of any issues right away.
- This is the list that will be used to assign jobs.
- You will get your job assignment upon check-in at each meet session.
- Some jobs will start right upon your arrival and others may start with a break immediately after you check in but all volunteers must check in by 7 a.m. or 12 p.m. to be assured of having a spot.
- For some sessions we have more people indicating that they’re willing timers than we need timers (thank you) so some of you who indicated willingness to time will be assigned to different positions. Conversely, for some sessions we may have fewer willing timers than timing slots so a few people who typically would not time will need to be trained to do that for this session.
Individuals not swimming in a meet (including parents and other family members of swimmers) may not be on deck during a meet (home or away) except when working as an on-deck volunteer at their assigned time. When on deck working, officials and other volunteers should be in the spot where they need to be to do their job (which is never the CBST team area).
If your swimmer’s plans change and s/he is unable to attend a meet that s/he is entered in, please email Heather Yim at firstname.lastname@example.org and Coach Stu at email@example.com as soon as possible. Barring an emergency, swimmers will not be scratched from events the day of the meet (if a swimmer wishes to scratch they must do so prior to the day of the meet). Unfortunately, sometimes emergency situations do arise in which a swimmer has to scratch the meet on the day-of. In such cases, please make sure you email both Heather Yim and Coach Stu to ensure that the coaching staff attending the meet is notified. It is difficult for both the meet director and our coaches to manage when they are unaware that a registered swimmer will not be in attendance.
Note that there is no charge for CBST parents and siblings to attend our home meets. If you are not volunteering at that particular session, you do still need to go through admissions and get a stamp so you won’t have trouble getting up to the balcony. If the admissions staff do not know you, just tell them your swimmer’s name. Everyone else (including other family members) must pay for admission.
We’re looking forward to a great meet for all of our swimmers. Thanks in advance for your help!