As we gear up for our first hosted meet of the 2019-2020 season we wanted to provide the following information and reminders:
For the Sunday morning sessions – use the Folly Road entrance/exit only – there is a 5k going on in the back of the building which we cannot disturb.
Remember the timing for swimmers:
- Morning sessions have warm-up at 8 a.m. and start at 9 a.m.
- Afternoon sessions have warm-up at 12:30 p.m. and start at 1:30 p.m.
We expect to be able to distribute any apparel ordered with the fall sale (online sale, suits, warm-ups, personalized caps) as well as a t-shirt for each swimmer that is included with registration at the meet this weekend, so all swimmers should stop by the tables set-up outside the classrooms near the pool to pick-up their item(s). Those who are not at the meet for pick-up will be contacted next week regarding pick-up.
- Thanks to everyone for signing up to volunteer. As is generally the case, the October meet is quite popular for volunteering. If you need additional sessions to meet your obligation, we’ll definitely need your help at our other meet this year (in February), but if you’d like to try to get into a session for this meet, be sure to arrive on time and check in with me to see if there is anyone signed-up who can no longer help. You can also email me today if you’d like to get into a particular session and I’ll let you know if there are any spots currently available.
- Remember to arrive on time for your session (promptly at 7:30 a.m. for the 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. shift or promptly at 12 p.m. for the 12 - 5:30 p.m. shift). Please be courteous and remember that you may be relieving another volunteer that has been staffing your position during the prior session (or our set-up crew). If you are late your spot may be assigned to another volunteer and you will not receive credit for the session. This policy is necessary so we can be sure to have all positions filled when they need to be filled so that our meet runs smoothly. (See the volunteering agreement emailed previously and posted on the meets page of our team website.)
- Below please find a list of the volunteer sign-ups from the portal and anyone I was able to add based on emailed requests. Note that everyone who was signed-up in the portal is included on the list, but please check this list to be sure you know for which session(s) you signed up.
- This is the list that will be used to assign jobs.
- You will get your job assignment upon check-in at each meet session.
- Some jobs will start right upon your arrival and others may start with a break immediately after you check in, but all volunteers must check in by 7:30 a.m. or 12 p.m. to be assured of having a spot.
- For some sessions we may have more people indicating that they’re willing timers than we need timers (thank you) so some of you who indicated willingness to time may be assigned to different positions. Conversely, for some sessions we may have fewer willing timers than timing slots so a few people who typically would not time may need to be trained to do that for this session.
Note that there is no charge for CBST parents and siblings to attend our home meets. If you are not volunteering at that particular session, you do still need to go through admissions and get a stamp so you won’t have trouble getting up to the balcony. If the admissions staff do not know you, just tell them your swimmer’s name. Everyone else (including other family members) must pay for admission.
We’re looking forward to a great meet for all of our swimmers. Thanks in advance for your help!
SEE EMAIL SENT FOR VOLUNTEER LIST