Please remember the age group nutrition meeting tonight: Be sure to attend this meeting which will be led by Kelly Jones MS, RD, CSSD, LDN - Registered Dietitian & Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics. Kelly provides CBST-USAS athletes with sports nutrition information and best dietary practices for optimal performance. Please visit www.kellyjonesnutrition.com/ before the meeting.
- Wednesday, October 10th – age group nutrition meeting in room D205 (classroom near pool) (for age group swimmers and parents). Swimmers and parents 5:30-6:15 p.m. then swimmers will go to pool for abbreviated practice and meeting will continue for parents until 7 p.m.
We are happy to report that enough tickets were purchased for our CBST group to attend the Flyers game on November 8th. For those of you who purchased tickets, please see information in previously circulated flyer and have fun!
- CBST entries for all meet for which we have collected availability have been accepted. Entry files are posted on the team website, meets page. Remember that entries will NOT be uploaded to the portal. Thanks to everyone for responding quickly to help our team secure a spots in these meets.
- A note regarding the GRA meet: any swimmers who prior to the GRA meet attain times faster than the standards for this meet will have those entries removed from the meet. If your swimmer is in this situation, you will be notified.
- It is hard to believe that the CBST Autumn Festival is only a few weeks away!
- Watch for information regarding volunteering at the meet for non-officials to be emailed next week.
- Officials only: following is the link for Officials to sign-up to officiate at our meet. Please email email@example.com with any questions. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0a4ca4ae22a13-20183 (remember this link is for OFFICIALS only – all other volunteers watch for emailed volunteering information next week)
- Thank you in advance for all your help...our meet couldn't run smoothly without you!
- Remember, if your swimmer attends a meet that CBST doesn’t attend as a team, inform Coach Stu at firstname.lastname@example.org AND Heather Yim at email@example.com immediately after the meet. Be sure to email – do not simply mention it. This procedure is in place to get all times into the database used by the coaches for meet entries (for seed time and other purposes) and also into our swimmers portal.
- You can also access all of your swimmer’s USAS times through the USA Swimming website. www.usaswimming.org (go to Times, Times Search)
- If you have not already done so, be sure to create a Deck Pass for your swimmer. See attached instructions from USA Swimming. (Information from attachment included at bottom of this blog post.)
- USA Swimming membership cards for athletes and non-athletes will be found in Deck Pass. Note that USA Swimming ID numbers are 14 characters long and are made up of the individual’s birthday (mm,dd,yy), first 3 letters of first name, middle initial (if registered without one the * replaces the letter), first 4 letters of last name. This is how the ID is created for all athletes and non-athletes.
October bills were emailed last week. If you didn’t get yours, now is the time to check junk/spam and your email settings. If you can’t find your bill, please email me now so your payment won’t be late. Remember bills are sent even if you have a $0 balance so every account will get a bill every month. Payment is due by the 25th.
CBST coaches require all CBST swimmers to wear a CBST cap (personalized or non-personalized) during any USA Swimming meet that they are attending. If you did not have the opportunity to purchase a personalized swim cap or just want to make sure that you swimmer is ready for the fall season, please reply to this email to let me know how many non-personalized caps you’d like (and whether you want silicone or latex). Non-personalized cap prices are $15 for silicone and $8 for latex.
Note these upcoming dates on which there is no age group practice:
- Friday, October 12 (home football game)
- Friday, October 26 (home football game)
- Wednesday, October 31 (Halloween)
USA Swimming now offers an online digital membership card. The online membership card will
provide athletes and non-athletes with easy accessibility if they need a copy of their card at any time,
connect them to our partners and increase USA Swimming’s brand awareness.
Athlete and non-athlete members will access their current membership card through Deck Pass. The
membership card may be printed if desired or the Deck Pass app on a smart phone can be used by an
athlete to prove membership at a meet. The app will show coach certification dates and may be used
for deck access at meets and practices.
*** Membership cards will not be mailed to any member--athlete or non-athlete. Digital access to
membership cards is through Deck Pass, either the app or through the USA Swimming website.
To sign up for Deck Pass the link to USA Swimming is:
Members can also be directed to our Deck Pass FAQ page here:
Questions or concerns about Deck Pass or the Deck Pass app should be directed to: