Updates and reminders are below.
- 3/5: Age Group practice resumes 5:30 p.m. start time (see calendar for details)
- 3/22: Last day of Age Group practice for 2018-2019 short course season
- 3/28: Last day of Senior Group practice for 2018-2019 short course season (see calendar for morning practices between senior champs and start of long course)
- At this time of season it’s always a good idea to help your swimmer clean-out his/her swim bag to be sure they have not picked-up anything inadvertently that does not belong to them. If anything turns up that is not yours, please place it in the lost and found bin in the equipment room at CB South.
- Remember to check the calendar for practice details each day.
- We hope that there are no more weather cancellations this year but please recall the previously circulated guidance posted here: https://www.cbsd.org/Page/2478 in the event of any weather issues.
Thank you to Beth Scott, Patti Cameron, and everyone who helped on the day of the party to make the pasta party a fun event for our swimmers! Pictures will be added to the team website soon. Attached is a recipe for the pesto cream sauce that was very popular! (Thanks Michelle Shackelford!)
Congratulations to all of our Junior Olympics participants – great job! I already have few pictures to add to the website and if anyone has any they’d like to see posted please email them to me.
CBST entries for Silver and Bronze champs are posted on the meets page of the team website.
Watch for an email with Bronze champs details later this week.
COMMUNICATION AND BILLING:
In order to help our swimmers and their parents navigate the transition from age group swimming to swimming in our senior group and also the transition to high school team swimming, we have prepared the attached document. All families with a swimmer currently in 8th grade should read this document now. Keep in mind that swimmers progress to the senior practice group within CBST in the same manner in which advancement occurs within age group. Thus, swimmers do not automatically advance to the senior practice group upon becoming a 9th grader, but rather, will advance to the senior group when they are ready as determined by the coaches. Please see the attached document for more information. Additionally, swimmers who will be entering 9th grade next fall and do not have access to or will otherwise not be participating with a high school team should set-up a family meeting during the spring with Coach Stu so that he can offer guidance regarding options and expectations with regard to your child’s continued swimming.
March Bills: will be emailed on 3/7 please check junk/spam and email me right away if you do not receive your bill on Thursday. Payments are due March 25th.
Non-personalized black CBST Arena dome caps are now available for $27 each. To purchase a dome cap for your swimmer, please email me at least one week prior to when you need the cap to be available in your swimmer’s folder at CB South for you to pick-up. Caps purchases will be billed to your swimmer’s account.
A dome cap is most commonly worn by more experienced swimmers during championship meets. These caps should NOT be used on a daily basis during practice. Although coaches require our swimmer's to wear CBST caps during the swim meets that they attend, dome caps are NOT required. Silicone* or latex* CBST caps are more appropriate for most of our swimmers. If you are unsure if an Arena dome cap is appropriate for your swimmer, please have your swimmer ask his/her coach.
*If you need to purchase a silicone or latex cap, email me at least one week prior to when you need the cap to be available in your swimmer’s folder at CB South for you to pick-up. Cap purchases will be billed to your swimmer’s account. Silicone $15, Latex $8