Information from NCAP Meet Director - PLEASE READ
Visiting Teams / Families / Coaches
Welcome again to the 2018 NCAP Invitational. We are looking forward to a great meet!! Following is some great information as well as a request for a bit of help in making the meet run smoothly for all of our athletes that have worked hard to get here! (Please read through this entire message and pass it on to all families)
1) Volunteer Opportunities : Please help us out in one of two ways, ether as a back up timer at one of the prelim sessions and/or courses,
NCAP Invite TIMERS ONLY: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d44aeac22a2fb6-ncap1
or if you prefer, there are some opportunities to assist more in the direct execution of the meet. One of the most important jobs we are requesting assistance with is the clerk of course position on the diving end course - this helps us line the athletes up and direct them safely and efficiently out on the bulkhead starting area - those opportunities are at this link, along with posting results, marshalling and other great opportunities to be close to the action!
NCAP Invite OVERALL: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d44aeac22a2fb6-ncap2
For any other volunteer questions or opportunities, Please reach out to Spencer Ugast at email@example.com.
2) Athlete Drop Off: In recent years, the University of Maryland has made some changes to the ingress/egress of athletes and spectators to the Eppley Recreation Center. You are still able to drop your athletes off in the circle drive at the athletes entrance, but there is no longer any parking or ther space to stay in that area - please see attached PDF diagram for how to get to the drop off area. Please drop your athletes and keep the line moving so all have a chance to drop off there. You can also drop your athletes off at the top side near the student entrances as well.
3) Session Warm Up and Start Times; - We were able to optimize the start times for warm up and competition the way the entries came in this year. Please note the revised times below:
* NEW * Times - Please NOTE These!!!
Thursday Warm Up
Friday AM Warm Up
Friday AM Start
Friday PM Warm Up
Friday PM Start
Friday Finals Warm Up
Friday Finals Start
Saturday AM Warm Up
Saturday AM Start
Saturday PM Warm Up
Saturday PM Start
Saturday Finals Warm Up
Saturday Finals Start
Sunday AM Warm Up
Sunday AM Start
Sunday PM Warm Up
Sunday PM Start
Sunday Finals Warm Up
Sunday Finals Start
4) Travel to the Meet: For those of you native to the DMV or even to the East Coast, travel on the I-95 corridor and certainly around the Capital Beltway is sometimes not the most convenient or enjoyable method of getting around. With that in mind, please leave plenty of time if you are commuting daily, or even locally from hotels to get tot he pool on time. The weather forecast seems to be cooperating for the moment, but please keep an eye on time and travel.
There will be one more email blast with an update on parking. Please stay tuned and safe travels to the meet!