The CBST-USAS pasta party will be held on Wednesday, February 26th in the CB South cafeteria. The coaches are planning to hold age group practice first followed by the party - please keep an eye out for timing details. This is a pasta party to celebrate the accomplishments of all swimmers during this season and occurs just prior to the championship meets to provide a great send-off for swimmers attending those meets. Swimmers should bring a white bandana, headband, or t-shirt to decorate. We cannot make this pasta party a success without your help. Please click on the sign-up below and let us know if you will be attending and what you are able to bring to the party. Thank you in advance for your help.
- At this time of season it’s always a good idea to help your swimmers clean-out their swim bags to be sure they have not picked-up anything inadvertently that does not belong to them. If anything turns up that is not yours, please place it in the lost and found bin in the equipment room at CB South.
- Remember to check the calendar for practice details and note the following special circumstances:
- Friday, 2/14 – Age Group practice will be at CB East due to High School champs being hosted at CB South – see calendar for times.
- Monday, 2/17 –note day-time holiday practice schedule on calendar.
- With the winding down of high school season practice times may vary. We often don’t know each high school team’s plan until the last minute. Please see calendar for your group’s times daily.
- Last practice dates for the season:
- Age group: 3/19
- Senior group: 3/26
Thank you so much to everyone who helped at our meet last weekend. So many of you went above and beyond (helping at extra sessions, staying late, coming early, covering multiple jobs, being flexible regarding assignments) and it is truly appreciated.
Long course participants please keep your eye on email for a message regarding long course meet entries.
UDAC Closed Invite - Meet information including volunteer timing assignments for the UDAC Closed Invite will be sent early next week. If you are not able to volunteer for a specific session in which your swimmer is participating please notify Heather Yim no later than Sunday at firstname.lastname@example.org. UDAC has also requested officials for this meets, the officials signup link is below.
See champs email that was sent previously regarding Bronze Champs, Silver Champs, Junior Olympics, and Senior Champs for details and note the following:
- Availability reports for all of these meets are on the meets page of the team website.
- Meet entry lists for upcoming meets can be found on the meets tab of the team website. Once CBST's entries are accepted they are posted on the meets tab. Please note that the Bronze Champs and Silver Champs entry lists currently posted are the initial entry files that were accepted by the meet host. These entry lists will be updated once we submit the final entry file to the meet host and they are accepted.
- 2/18 11:59 p.m. deadline to email Stu and Heather any newly qualified Bronze champs events
- 2/23 11:59 p.m. deadline to email Stu and heather any newly qualified Junior Olympics events
- 3/2 11:59 p.m. Senior Champs availability deadline & deadline to email Stu and Heather any newly qualified Silver champs events
Below is information regarding Eastern Zones. While not many CBST swimmers typically choose to attend this meet, we wanted to make sure everyone is aware of it. Note that most of the qualifying times for this meet are faster than Junior Olympics qualifying times. Please note the following additional information about this meet which will be held in Webster, New York on April 1-4:
- Meet details are available through this link: http://www.easternzoneswimming.org/meets.html
- Given that the meet fills up quickly, if your swimmer qualifies and would like to attend you must email Coach Stu and Heather Yim no later than this Tuesday, 2/18 at NOON email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your swimmer qualifies for the meet after this Tuesday’s deadline and would like to attend email Stu and Heather immediately after qualifying and they will attempt to enter your swimmer, however, it is unlikely to be possible.
- If your swimmer who is registered for the meet achieves additional qualifying times after this Tuesday email Stu and Heather immediately and they will likely be able to add the additional event(s) for your swimmer.
- Please note that Mid-Atlantic will not be sending dedicated MA coaches for our swimmers. At this point CBST is not planning to send a coach. If anything changes in that regard swimmers attending the meet will be notified.
- CBST will NOT be arranging a hotel block for this meet. Hotel information may be found at this link: http://www.easternzoneswimming.org/meets.html. Be sure to choose the correct information by scrolling to the section for 2020 EASTERN ZONE SHORT COURSE CHAMPIONSHIPS.
MEET HOTEL INFORMATION: (Any questions please email Heather Yim - email@example.com):
Junior Olympics - February 27th-March 1st
Junior Olympics will take place in York, PA from February 27th to March 1st. At this time CBST was not able to secure a hotel room block due to several events taking place in the area that weekend. It is recommended that if your swimmer has qualified and planning on attending Junior Olympics that you book a hotel room soon for Junior Olympics. The CBST coaching staff will be staying at the Homewood Suites in York PA. There are individual rooms still available for reservations at the Homewood Suites as well as other hotels in the York, PA area.
200 Masonic Drive
York, PA 17406
Senior Champs - March 26th-March 29th
Senior Champs will take place at Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, PA from March 26th - March 29th. A hotel block has been set up for the team with details below at the Homewood Suites-Lancaster. Please call the hotel directly to book your reservation. Group Name - Central Bucks Swim.
200 Granite Run Drive
King Studio/King Suite - $155/night
Cancellation Policy - Cancellation due no later than 72 hours prior to arrival by 3pm.
COMMUNICATION AND BILLING:
In order to help our swimmers and their parents navigate the transition from age group swimming to swimming in our senior group and also the transition to high school team swimming, we have prepared the document linked here: http://www.cbswimteam.org/uploads/5/9/8/6/59862579/cb_aquatics_high_school_swimmers.pdf. All families with a swimmer currently in 8th grade should read this document now. Keep in mind that swimmers progress to the senior practice group within CBST in the same manner in which advancement occurs within age group. Thus, swimmers do not automatically advance to the senior practice group upon becoming a 9th grader, but rather, will advance to the senior group when they are ready as determined by the coaches. Please see the linked document for more information. Additionally, swimmers who will be entering 9th grade next fall and do not have access to or will otherwise not be participating with a high school team should set-up a family meeting during the spring with Coach Stu so that he may offer guidance regarding options and expectations with regard to your child’s continued swimming.
Save the date: April 27th at 5:45 p.m. at CB South in the classroom near the pool there will be a group meeting with Coach Stu regarding swimming in college. All CBST-USAS swim families are welcome. In particular families of swimmers currently in 10th grade should attend. Please be sure to read the guidance ahead of the meeting and bring your questions to the meeting (or email them to Coach Stu ahead of time at firstname.lastname@example.org). After this group meeting each 10th grade swimmer with parent(s) should schedule an individual meeting with Coach Stu. Please make every effort to attend this meeting and to read the provided materials ahead of time so your individual meeting can be productive and Coach Stu does not need to spend time answering the same general questions repeatedly. Below are links to the relevant documentation that you should review prior to the group meeting:
- Swimming in college: http://www.cbswimteam.org/uploads/5/9/8/6/59862579/cb_aquatics_high_school_swimmers.pdf
- Questions for college coaches: http://www.cbswimteam.org/uploads/5/9/8/6/59862579/swimming_in_college_questions_dec_2015.pdf
February Bills: were emailed earlier this month. Please check junk/spam and email me now if you didn’t receive your bill. Payments are due February 25th.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Please review CBST policies and procedures with your swimmers often. (Please note that the inclusion of this reminder periodically in our team communications is not an indication that an issue has arisen - we simply provide periodic reminders to help prevent issues from occurring.)
- The doors close to the pool at CB South will generally be open and may be used to enter/exit the building. If they are not open, please enter through the main Gymnasium doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please enter the pool hallway off Anderson Road to access the CB East pool at all times. Do not use the front doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please do not park your car (whether you’re in it or not) anywhere other than designated parking spaces. This is particularly an issue at CB South at the diving well door where people sometimes park along the curb behind the parked cars – please avoid fender benders by NOT parking in that area.
- Swimmers should enter the pool deck upon their arrival and wait on the benches for a coach to start practice. On some occasions it may be communicated (directly at a previous practice or via email) that swimmers should wait in the hallway until told to enter the pool deck by a coach. In these instances, please do not allow your swimmer to enter the pool area until the coach has asked them to do so. They will be sent directly to the locker rooms after practice. Parents should always walk their swimmers into the building.
- Please remember: Swimmers should be dropped off no earlier than 10 minutes prior to their scheduled practice time and should be picked-up promptly at the conclusion of practice. Everyone should be out of the building by 15 minutes after the conclusion of practice. Please remind your swimmers to move through the locker room quickly (again spending no more than 10-15 minutes to get changed after practice) and be sure that you are there promptly to pick them up. Also be sure your swimmers know to wait inside for you in the event that you are not there when they exit the locker room. If a swimmer has not been picked-up within a reasonable amount of time after the conclusion of practice, police will be called to keep the child safe while waiting to be picked-up.
- Parents/siblings should go straight to the balcony. Please do not go on deck to speak with the coaches. If you have a question for the coaching staff, please email the head coach for your child (senior or age group). (Emails available on team website.) If you have any concerns please email Roberta Lichter, Aquatics Manager at email@example.com immediately.
- Balcony access at CB South must be made via the door at the blocks end of the pool. The balcony doors (upstairs and downstairs) at the diving well end of the pool are not to be opened or propped at any time.
- All swimmers should follow their appropriate practice schedule. In other words, CBST-SAL only swimmers may NOT attend CBST-USAS practices. CBST-USAS swimmers may ONLY ATTEND CBST-USAS practices even if they are also registered with CBST-SAL. (Applicable for short course only.)
- Please use your discretion and consider the health and safety of your swimmer and others when deciding whether to send you swimmer to practice when experiencing any medical condition or other situation in which it might be best not to practice. CBST coaches will use their best judgement and if they feel there is a health concern/safety hazard they will restrict swimmers from entering the pool to safeguard themselves and/or the other members of the team.
- In some circumstances, a doctor’s note is required after an injury, illness, or new medical diagnosis prior to a swimmer returning to swim practice with CBST. Please see the related policy on the team website (resources page) and if you are not sure whether your swimmer’s medical condition requires a doctor’s note to resume participation please ask CB Aquatics administrative staff prior to having your athlete return to practice.
- The use of cell phones and other mobile devices with recording capabilities, including voice recording, still cameras and video cameras is prohibited in locker rooms, changing areas, rest rooms or other changing areas. If a swimmer uses a cell phone in the locker room for ANY reason (making phone calls, taking pictures, etc.) the swimmer risks being removed from the team. (Parents please periodically monitor you child’s social media to ensure compliance with this policy.) Also remind your children to always use social media responsibly – taking care to be kind to everyone and remembering that those other than their currently intended audience may eventually see posts.
- Parents are not allowed in the locker rooms for any reason. High school students may be using the locker rooms related to high school activities. It is important that adults (including parents) not be in the locker room for the safety of all swim program participants and other student athletes. Coaches will be sweeping the locker rooms before, in between, and after practices. Nothing should be left in the locker rooms. Athletes should place all belongings into their bags, zip the bag fully shut, and bring it out onto deck and leave it there for the duration of practice. Please speak with your swimmers/divers about appropriate locker room behavior:
- No horseplay or physical contact should occur.
- Lockers are not to be used at any time as they lock and you will not be able to retrieve any items placed into them.
- Speak at a reasonable volume and speak respectfully to everyone.
- Do not touch anyone else or anyone else’s possessions.
- Move with care (remember swimmers and the floor are wet).
- Locker room time should be short (10-15 minutes at the most) - kids may need to be reminded often to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Get a coach if anything inappropriate is occurring, even if they are not involved – tell them they should help stop issues before they escalate, rather than waiting for problems to happen and seeing our friends unhappy based on the consequences.
- Remind your participants often of these behavior expectations which are required at all times – on the deck and in the locker rooms.
- If you prefer that your child not use the locker rooms with the other swimmers please have him/her dry off completely and meet you in the hallway outside of the pool before escorting your swimmer to the appropriate bathrooms located down the hall from the pool in each building.
- For those who would like added privacy, individual changing spaces are available in the locker rooms at CB South and CB East high school pools.
- Parents should not coach their children from the balcony (or otherwise). We are in one of the few youth sports that provides professional coaching – please trust that the coaches are competent and leave the coaching to them. If your child looks to you for approval/attention/anything during practices, it is likely to cause them to miss important instructional information and/or disrupt the practice for themselves, other participants, and coaches. If this is an issue for your swimmer please do not remain in the balcony during practices.
- Videotaping and still photography of practices and evaluations is prohibited.
- Please make sure your swimmers are dry and have shoes on when in the hallways of the schools. Please remember that behavior should mimic typical school day behavior. No running, climbing on tables, etc. Playing with balls in the building is prohibited. Siblings of team members must stay with their parents at all times and should not enter the locker rooms. No children should be running or roaming the halls at any time. Swimmers and their families are to be in the pool area (balcony or pool hallways) and should only go to the cafeteria area to use the restrooms or vending machines. Swimmers and their families are not to be in the gymnasiums at any time.
- The use of tobacco, alcohol, and all types of illegal drugs, and/or stealing is strictly forbidden by any person in attendance at any CBST function (in or on district property) and by team members at all times.
- Please review detailed and additional policies available at this link: http://cbsd.schoolwires.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=2474 and also accessible through your team website.
- Participants and families are responsible to be aware of and observe all policies and procedures contained in the team handbook (available on team website), posted on the websites (CBSD and team), and communicated via email or other methods. While all parents and athletes must review and agree to this information during the portal registration process, please also be sure to periodically review information on the team site Resources => General Information page (team handbook, USA Swimming rulebook, etc.) and the Resources => CB Aquatics Policies page (policies, Safe Sport information, concussion information). Please take special note of the following posted policies and information:
- CB Aquatics Action Plan to Address Bullying
- CB Aquatics Communications Policy
- CB Aquatics Locker Room Monitoring Policy
- CB Aquatics Photography Policy
- CB Aquatics Safe Sport Information (including Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy information), Safe Sport trainings
- CBST Travel Policy
- Concussion information sheet and trainings
- CB Aquatics strives to create a safe environment in which our participants may participate in swimming activities. Please check in with your swimmers often regarding how practice and team participation in general are going and contact Roberta Lichter, Aquatics Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) right away with any issues or other observations. Concerns will be addressed within a reasonable timeframe. Confidentiality will be maintained to the extent practicable given the obligation of CB Aquatics to investigate and address the matter. See information about Safe Sport on the team website.
- Also be sure to review the information about concussions on the team website. While it is required that all athletes and parents review and sign-off on the concussion information sheet as part of the portal registration process, it is recommended that everyone also complete one of the posted training courses, and also review the sheet periodically.