2016 Junior Olympic Information
Below is a compilation of multiple communications that we have received over the last 48 hours from the 2016 Junior Olympics Meet Director. In order to have the most positive experience, please take time to read through their procedures and recommendations for this upcoming weekend. Also included within this communication are our volunteer assignments for the weekend. Thank you in advance for your help! I know that the Middle Atlantic Junior Olympic meet staff greatly appreciates everyone's help this weekend. Good Luck!
Please remember that the Thursday Evening sessions are positive check in sessions and we request that you bring your own timer and counter.
The other sessions will have timers on the deck to cover this duty, but swimmers will need to furnish their own counter.
During the meet, please be careful not to park in handicap spots. Anyone parking there may get a ticket.
I can’t stress enough that you should watch for signs when parking. Do not park in no parking zones or handicap spots. They will ticket you and I don't want people with disabilities having to walk long distances to get to our facilities. On Sunday morning, the church parking lot next to the Graham should be left to the church congregation. They are an active congregation and need their lot for services.
We have spots on the computer table that are very important that are not filled! If we don’t have computer operators, Colorado Operators (Central HS), and Daktronics Operators (Graham – Note this is the same as Colorado except for the reset is 1 button), we cannot have a meet! Please volunteer where you can if you can.
1. Graham Aquatic Center (GAC)- Thursday evening (11/12, 10 and under Distance), Friday morning (11/12 Prelims), Saturday morning (11-12 Prelims), Sunday morning (11/12 Prelims): https://www.timetosignup.com/swimtidalwaves/view/54282
2. Central- Thursday evening (13/14 Distance), Friday morning (13/14 Prelims), Friday afternoon (10 and under), Saturday morning (13/14 Prelims), Saturday afternoon (10 and under), Sunday morning (13/14 Prelims), Sunday afternoon (10 and under: https://www.timetosignup.com/swimtidalwaves/view/54531
3. GAC- Friday, Saturday and Sunday Finals for 11/12 and 13/14: https://www.timetosignup.com/swimtidalwaves/view/54532
- Live Video From Graham Aquatic Center - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3xXtT83ce8
- Real Time Results (Graham Aquatic Center) - http://www.swimyorky.org/realtime/
- Real Time Results (Central York High School) - http://results.teamunify.com/macya/
- Use hashtag #JOSC16 when tweeting about the meet.
- MA Championship Meet Structure - http://www.maswim.org/2016-ma-championship-swim-meets/
I do hope you all have a very rewarding experience in York. We are all happy to have you visit!
CBST Junior Olympic Volunteer Assignments
Thank you once again in advance for helping to make Junior Olympics successful! Below are the assigned volunteer slots for Central Bucks Swim Team. Please note - Although CBST was assigned volunteer slots during Finals, we do not assign those volunteers. If your swimmer makes Finals, you will be expected to time during that session. In most cases, Championship meets will not begin if teams do not fulfill their volunteer responsibilities. Please keep this in mind and do not force coaches to come find you. Their efforts should be focusing solely on the swimmers this weekend.
If you are unable to fulfill your volunteer assignment, please find someone else during your session to switch with. Thanks again!