CBST is fortunate to have so many athlete(s) qualify for NCAP. The Meet Director always appreciates the help that our families provide throughout the meet. Please consider stepping up to volunteer or officiate during NCAP.
Please use the signup genius link below to volunteer to time.
If you are an official and would like to officiate at NCAP below is the link to the officials application.
Detailed Parking information is included in the parking document attached. There is pre-paid parking available for Friday and free parking available on campus Saturday and Sunday. Pease read the attached document for details.
Coach Stu has put together an itinerary for the upcoming weekend outlining warm-up times, arrival, procedures and general expectations. The itinerary is attached to this email.
Please recall that CBST coaches expect that all CBST swimmers attending meets with prelims and finals are expected to swim in finals if they qualify. If an emergency arises and you are unable to stay for Finals, please see the specific wording below from the NCAP meet information (which is posted on our website under the "Meets" tab) regarding the scratch process and possible penalties.
- PVS Scratch Rules apply for swimmers scratching from finals.
- If you do not want to swim in the Final, you may “scratch” from the event by following this procedure:
- You must fill out and sign a PVS Finals Scratch Slip within 30 minutes of the announcement of qualifiers for “A” and “B” finals, if scheduled. §
- You may declare intent to “scratch”. You must fill out and sign a PVS Finals Scratch Slip within 30 minutes of the announcement of announcement of qualifiers, marking the appropriate space for “intent”. If you declare an “intent to scratch” and do not wish to swim finals, you must confirm your scratch on the PVS Finals Scratch Slip within 30 minutes after the conclusion of your last preliminary event of the day or your will be automatically seeded into the event.
- If an athlete fails to properly scratch from an event and does not appear for the “Final” event, they “shall be barred from further competition of the remainder of the meet.”
The CBST Administrative Staff will continue to provide updates as they become available.
For additional details regarding this weekend's meet please also refer to the NCAP meet information (which is posted on our website under the "Meets" tab) and the Potomac Valley Swimming website (the link is included below) which has information as well.
If you have any questions relating to the meet this weekend or if you swimmer's plans change and s/he is unable to attend NCAP, please contact Heather Yim (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Stu Kukla(email@example.com) as soon as possible.